Photo

The team needs to shutup about Kobe

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,790 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted April 11, 2013 - 01:30 AM

I know you guys all read what Pau Gasol, MWP, and Dwight Howard had to say about Kobe going for 47.

They were irked out that he went for 47 points instead of playing team ball. The sad truth is that none of our bench players can hit their god damn threes. It's god damn obvious by now what our problems are that we live and die by the 3. Dwight wants to play in and out. I'm sure opposing teams strip Howard 5 times a game in the post when he makes a move... But anyway, how the hell do you play in and out if none of our players are hitting the 3 consistently?

Gasol wanted the ball to be moved around. How the hell do you move the ball around if only until recently you decide to be aggressive and find your spots? If only recently you decide to run P&R with Kobe? Kobe backed this guy from the beginning of the season till now. Gasol and Howard both had 20+ point games, what more would they want?

MWP... I have nothing to say. Sucked all year and complaining about Kobe.  Just shut up Ron.

Friday is yet another MUST WIN GAME. Anyone remember the 06-07 playoffs where Kobe quit on the team during game 7? I'm sure Kobe doesn't give a [expletive] what his teammates have to say, but without him we wouldn't even be here. So if he decides to send a message to the team on Friday and not score, it WILL cost us.

#2 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,690 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 11, 2013 - 02:22 AM

I will call them right now.
Posted Image

#3 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted April 11, 2013 - 05:38 AM

I dont know how you get that. I listen to the interviews and I doesn't seem like they are calling out Kobe that much.  And I am always defending Kobe. They do know that they need to step up. Kobe is always been the guy who always steps up and the know that Kobe will go off for big numbers ONLY if he realized his team not making shots. I dont think there is any "irked" about Kobe shooting too much and "not pass the ball." because they know how important it is to stick together and not add more drama to an already filled drama season.

You are just over reacting

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#4 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,537 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted April 11, 2013 - 06:11 AM

Easy there big guy

#5 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,591 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted April 11, 2013 - 07:38 AM

I don't think they were calling him out. They were asked about it, and they said its amazing but they'd like more ball movement. So would I, so should you.

Let's be real, 34 year old Kobe ain't carrying this team on his back against the likes of OKC. He NEEDS Dwight to be dominant and Pau to be more aggressive.

That being said Dwight needs to demand the ball. I can't remember who it was, but I remember a former center saying if he wasn't getting the ball and playing inside out, he would post up in the paint and get a 3 seconds called on him to get the message across. Kinda like goaltending a shot just to make your presence known. I'm not saying I approve of those tactics, but you gotta do what you gotta do, it could help in the big picture.

Kobe isn't just going to give you the ball, you have to be aggressive and show him that you want it as much as he does, then he'll be a willing passer. He had no problem passing to Shaq, and even Bynum when he was healthy, because those guys demanded the ball and went to work on the low block every time, either aggressively looking for their own shot or setting up a teammate by sucking in the defense.

Remember when Bynum was posting up and they weren't giving it to him, so he yelled "Give me the [expletive]ing ball!" So loud that it was audible on tv? And that was a 20-year old Andrew Bynum who had not proven anything yet.

So I agree with Pau and Dwight and Metta, but they need to take it upon themselves to be aggressive and force this team to play inside out, because if they do, Kobe will happily give it up. Otherwise, he's gonna be on his own.

#6 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,239 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted April 11, 2013 - 07:42 AM

Lol I saw the interviews, they didnt say [expletive]. Lock

#7 RayRay

RayRay

Sixth Man

• 3,524 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 96
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Hobe

Posted April 11, 2013 - 08:18 AM

Lol I saw the interviews, they didnt say [expletive]. Lock

i havent seen them but i heard on espn that Pau said Kobes performance was bitter sweet.

Edited by RayRay, April 11, 2013 - 08:19 AM.

only Kobe can stop Kobe.

#8 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,213 posts

Posted April 11, 2013 - 08:47 AM

Lol oh look a overreaction
Posted Image

#9 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,877 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted April 11, 2013 - 08:52 AM

Is there some sort of link to see the interviews, I didnt see them.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#10 erfolk

erfolk

Rookie

• 684 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted April 11, 2013 - 09:11 AM

All he said was Kobe had a great ball game but he likes to see more ball movement which is right. We can't expect Kobe to do this all the time for us to get a win.You see how much more the whole team is into the game when we are moving the ball. Sometime this Kobe ISO looks terrible.

#11 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,094 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted April 11, 2013 - 09:24 AM

Pau was the only one who had something to say and it wasn't THAt bad. 

Dwight never says nothing about Kobe, he doesn't have to.

Metta said something like "who said that" in regards to Pau's comments

#12 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted April 11, 2013 - 09:35 AM

I heard Pau said a lot of bad things about Kobe in spanish for the spanish radio station.  He was like puto this and juevos that and pandejo all over the place.  It was crazy!! 

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#13 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted April 11, 2013 - 09:53 AM

:facepalm:
htCCl0m.png

#14 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,537 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted April 11, 2013 - 09:57 AM

You should be a reporter for espn. You are pretty good at blowing things out of proportion.

• 40,431 posts

Posted April 11, 2013 - 10:29 AM

j6rkh4.jpg

yo.

#16 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,488 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted April 11, 2013 - 10:35 AM

OMG did you see the interview? I did. I cant believe what he said. This is total B.S. I'm outraged!

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#17 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,790 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted April 11, 2013 - 10:36 AM

j6rkh4.jpg

LOL.

Sorry guys I wrote this because I was taking some pills that lower your sugar thus making you depressed. Was also half asleep.

• 40,431 posts

Posted April 11, 2013 - 10:54 AM

OP showing symptoms of ricbucheritis. Get well soon brother.

yo.

#19 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted April 11, 2013 - 11:05 AM

j6rkh4.jpg

:laughing:
htCCl0m.png

#20 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 11, 2013 - 01:39 PM

Kobe Bryant would be the last person to quit in a game on the face of this earth. How the hell could you say that  :facepalm: And your a Laker fan?

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users