White walkers

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#6 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 18,355 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 10, 2013 - 11:25 PM

He got too greedy, and now his treasured player Dirk having second thoughts on staying with them. lol.

#7 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,246 posts

Posted April 11, 2013 - 05:06 AM

First time in 12 years.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#8 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,737 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted April 11, 2013 - 06:17 AM

They are terrible this season, they were sparked by the return of Nowitzki but their roster is just mediocre. 

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#9 Mehran The Great

Mehran The Great

Immortal

• 2,841 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24

Posted April 11, 2013 - 02:46 PM

should of sign tyson in  the 2011 summer and JJ. 

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#10 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 824 posts
  • Fan Since:1990

Posted April 11, 2013 - 04:15 PM

As happy as I am to see Cuban seethe, I don't doubt that he will get his team back into contention soon. He's a shrewd businessman, and that is respectable. 

#11 24allday

24allday

Rookie

• 1,394 posts
  • Name:Gavin
  • Fan Since:3rd grade - first started watching and loved Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, #STAYSWAG

Posted April 12, 2013 - 08:58 AM

Love seeing Cuban suck

#12 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,367 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted April 12, 2013 - 09:07 AM

As happy as I am to see Cuban seethe, I don't doubt that he will get his team back into contention soon. He's a shrewd businessman, and that is respectable. 

Being a skrewed business man doesn't make you a good owner. His first mistake is to do a Jerry Jones and be his own GM. A smart owner should realized being your own GM while you also own your team never ever works. It might work like once in a blue moon but eventually it will calapse on you and it will take years to get back to the top.  If being a GM and owner is so good, why dont all the owners do it? Because good owners like Dr Jerry Buss realized he is not a basketball guy so he let basketball people make basketball decisions.   Making your players locker room like a 7 star hotel does not make your team good. Buying each and every one of them playstation 4 coming out in October doesn't make your players play for you any harder.  In fact, it might make them lazier.  Cuban is a great owner to his players but a bad owner to his business which is the Mavs.  His team will suck for years to come. He can sit in the corner yelling at refs all he wants. He can sign man eater Britnany Grinner and make headlines all he wants. (that shows his lack of basketball knowledge right there).  He is an over rated owner of all owners in sports. 

Edited by epicwolf, April 12, 2013 - 09:09 AM.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#13 Scooter123

Scooter123

Rookie

• 322 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted April 12, 2013 - 09:25 AM

Dirk's injury cost them about 15 wins.  Although they played well toward the end, they just could not recover from all those losses.  They sure had an amazing team a couple of years ago. 

• 40,604 posts

Posted April 12, 2013 - 12:06 PM

Mark Cuban Says the Mavericks Will Come Back Better Next Year

http://blacksportson...tter-next-year/

Mavericks owner Mark Cuban, isn’t used to seeing his team clear out their lockers before the playoffs begin, but that’s a reality they will have to deal with this season, and according to a story courtesy of ESPN, he he has no intention of  it being a habitual occurrence.

“I’ve always said there is one winner and 29 other teams tied for last,” Cuban said via email Thursday morning, hours after the Mavs were officially eliminated, ending a 12-year playoff streak. “Our goal is to win championships, so it’s disappointing to not win. But we will come back and get better next year.”

Cuban says that bringing in a top player to compliment Nowitzki, is definitely a priority.

“Trust me, we want to do that,” Cuban said Wednesday evening, referring to giving Nowitzki a legitimate co-star. “If you’ve got the guy who’s going to say, ‘You know what, I’m going to come to the Mavericks no matter what,’ let me know.”

“We’re going to be opportunistic and do the best we can.”

While the Mavericks want to get back to relevancy in the Western Conference, they also want to be in position to compete after Nowitzki hangs up his sneakers.

“We maximized for the first generation of Dirk’s golden years to win a championship,” Cuban said. “So we’ll do our best for his second generation of golden years and then the next generation and the next generation until he runs out of golden years.

“That’s what we’re trying to do. Hypothetically speaking, if Dirk wasn’t hurt and we’re in the hunt for a fifth or sixth seed, you’re asking me different questions: ‘Hey, you guys put together a decent squad, what do you have to do to take it to the next level?’ That’s the way it goes.”

FULL ARTICLE inside link.

yo.

#15 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,631 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted April 12, 2013 - 12:42 PM

His team wouldn't have been able to compete after that championship anyway, he recognized that. As much as I dislike Cuban, he did the right thing by not bringing back Chandler, Stevenson, etc. He's aware of how many elite free agents there are going to be, and the best shot at winning is going after one of them to pair with Dirk, and having someone to build around when Dirk retires. Shoot for the moon, and if it doesn't work out you get bad really fast and get draft picks. He doesn't want to hang around mediocrity, and that's what the Mavs would have been had he kept the team in tact.

Just the way I see it though. I can understand the point of view that he shouldn't have broken up a team that just won the championship, but the way he's going about it makes sense to me. More of a big picture thing.

#16 underworldmike

underworldmike

Rodmanator

• 1,493 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:Since i was born
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman and Kobe Bryant

Posted April 12, 2013 - 03:24 PM

His team wouldn't have been able to compete after that championship anyway, he recognized that. As much as I dislike Cuban, he did the right thing by not bringing back Chandler, Stevenson, etc. He's aware of how many elite free agents there are going to be, and the best shot at winning is going after one of them to pair with Dirk, and having someone to build around when Dirk retires. Shoot for the moon, and if it doesn't work out you get bad really fast and get draft picks. He doesn't want to hang around mediocrity, and that's what the Mavs would have been had he kept the team in tact.

Just the way I see it though. I can understand the point of view that he shouldn't have broken up a team that just won the championship, but the way he's going about it makes sense to me. More of a big picture thing.

i agree i think cuban was a genius to do what he did. Most people down on him for breaking a core up but look at that core. Its old and he was chasing after howard. I would have done the same if i was cuban.

Even so now this off season for the mavs will be huge. If he can manage to pull away cp3 or howard or some other big name it will be a huge pick up for them

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users