Initially game-time decision

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

• 40,364 posts

Posted April 10, 2013 - 10:02 PM

UPDATE: Nash OUT for tonight's game vs. Golden State:

Well then
https://twitter.com/...769210315001856

Steve Nash (back/hip) is OUT for tonight's game against Golden State.

http://espn.go.com/b...ash-jordan-hill

A source close to Nash told ESPNLosAngeles.com that the point guard is eyeing a Friday return when the Lakers host the Golden State Warriors

Nash has recently switched to a new, stronger medication in hopes of alleviating the pain associated with the right hip injury that has been causing him hamstring problems

Steve Nash frustrated with season:

http://espn.go.com/l...g-season-career

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Steve Nash was back at the Rose Garden on Wednesday, the site of the collision that broke his left leg in the Los Angeles Lakers' second game of the season, sidelining him for nearly two months.

Only this time around, he was dealing with a right hip and hamstring injury that kept him out of the game against the Portland Trail Blazers and caused him to miss all or part of the Lakers' past six games before it.

Seeing Nash make his way to the training room for treatment before the game rather than head to the court for a crucial matchup as the Lakers fight for a playoff spot begged the question: Has this been the most frustrating season of his career?

"Right up there, if not the most frustrating," said Nash, a 17-year veteran. "I've played a long time, so I can't remember all those years, but it's frustrating. Maybe it's because of the freshness, but it feels the most frustrating for sure."

steve_nash_lakers.jpg

Nash, who hurt his hip March 25 at Golden State and has suffered discomfort in his hamstring stemming from the injury ever since, said he is improving but added, "There's still a question for Friday."

"It's definitely getting better every day," Nash said. "It's definitely getting better but I'm not free to do everything yet, but I'm getting closer."

Nash recently switched to a stronger medication in hopes of alleviating the pain in his hamstring, a source close to the point guard told ESPNLosAngeles.com.

"It feels like when you go to use it, it grabs," Nash said of his hamstring. "You let up because you feel like you're going to tear it."

Even if Nash is able to play in the Lakers' final three games, he already has missed more games this season (29) than he has in any other previous season since being drafted by the Phoenix Suns in 1996. The most games he missed previously was 26 in 1999-2000 as a member of the Dallas Mavericks.

"For me, I always just try to keep my head down and keep pushing and fight and try to get better to help the team," Nash said. "I feel like that allowed me to come out of the seven weeks (following the left leg injury) and play after two practices, which is not easy, but it was because of the hard work.

"When things weren't going well with the team, I just tried to work and try to get better and we got a little better there through February and March and now I'm back struggling and just fighting to get better again."

Lakers coach Mike D'Antoni, who also coached Nash in Phoenix, can sense how trying this season has been for the future Hall of Famer.

"I'm sure there's a whole locker room full of frustration," said D'Antoni, who added Nash would "try to shoot" for Friday but the team would wait for him to get back to 100 percent.

"We should be a lot better than we are and he's been injured more than probably his whole career. It happens, but he'll keep working. He'll be back pretty soon. Hopefully, we get in the playoffs and have a good run and he can turn that frustration into something good."

Nash is averaging his least assists per game (6.7) since 1999-2000 with Dallas, when he averaged 4.9 as a part-time starter.

"In Phoenix, when we had it going, I don't know if there's many point guards in the history of the game that played that level as good as he played for a couple of years where he didn't make any mistakes and (he is) one of the best shooters, if not the best shooter, in all-time history, so it's hard to duplicate that," D'Antoni said. "As you get older, obviously, you have to have certain things go your way and you're not going to be able to be the MVP two times in a row like he was, but his level is still very high. We just got to get everything right, get him going again."

"If no one expected anything coming into the season, then you might have said, 'Tough luck, tough year,' " Nash said. "But, couple that with the fact that this isn't what we drew up makes it very difficult."

FULL ARTICLE inside link.

Edited by    , April 12, 2013 - 10:25 AM.

yo.

#2 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,729 posts

Posted April 10, 2013 - 10:41 PM

Nash hadnt had his moments with the team,, Its extremely hard to play with Kobe, but hey whatever works works...

• 40,364 posts

Posted April 10, 2013 - 10:42 PM

^ Some say maybe Nash should come off the bench.

yo.

#4 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,043 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted April 10, 2013 - 11:20 PM

^ Some say maybe Nash should come off the bench.

i wouldn't mind that.

ap1.png

#5 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,287 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted April 10, 2013 - 11:22 PM

Just in time to get destroyed by Steph.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#6 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,773 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 10, 2013 - 11:49 PM

He could be more frustrated that Blake is the better starting fit than him because of his defense and rebounding and natural off ball tendencies.

But hopefully while Nash is out he has been watching.

Still Nash at 1 and Gasol at 4 I'm not excited about against golden state. I'd rather bring Nashh off the bench and get him acclimated rather than sticking him in the starting lineup.

We all know what happened while we "re-acclimated" Pau. I don't want that to happen in these last few games.

Bring him back against the Spurs if they rest their players would be my vote.

That said I know Nash will get his role down perfectly eventually and become very productive, average 17 and 5 or 6 but even so, 17 and 6 off the bench would be great too. I'd welcome a 1,2 of Blake and Nash from time to time while Kobe rests because at this point one three from Meeks is a good game for him...

Edited by Majesty, April 10, 2013 - 11:52 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#7 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted April 11, 2013 - 12:09 AM

I assure you we're just as frustrated.

#8 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,919 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 12, 2013 - 10:03 AM

Well then
https://twitter.com/...769210315001856

Steve Nash (back/hip) is OUT for tonight's game against Golden State.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

• 40,364 posts

Posted April 12, 2013 - 10:13 AM

^ Thank you sir, though that's not the news I think any of us wanted to hear, but nonetheless, updated thread title and first post with yours.

yo.

#10 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,002 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted April 12, 2013 - 10:21 AM

Good, let him rest for the playoffs 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

• 40,364 posts

Posted April 12, 2013 - 10:25 AM

I just don't understand how that's back to back weeks though seemingly where he's initially listed as somewhat of a game-time decision more or less and then suddenly he's just completely ruled out? Has me thinking he's still a bit further away than closer, at least yet another week I'd say.

yo.

#12 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,320 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted April 12, 2013 - 10:41 AM

Ready for another 48 minutes Kobe?

#13 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,002 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted April 12, 2013 - 10:54 AM

I just don't understand how that's back to back weeks though seemingly where he's initially listed as somewhat of a game-time decision more or less and then suddenly he's just completely ruled out? Has me thinking he's still a bit further away than closer, at least yet another week I'd say.

I'm thinking that too, reminds me of the Andrew Bynum's injuries false reports 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#14 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,762 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted April 12, 2013 - 11:03 AM

Thanks for the update, albeit sucking.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#15 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted April 12, 2013 - 11:13 AM

Meh just rest him the rest of the regular season.
htCCl0m.png

• 40,364 posts

Posted April 12, 2013 - 11:46 AM

I'm thinking that too, reminds me of the Andrew Bynum's injuries false reports 

Once again it seems, the Lakers are the worst with these timetable return estimates.

yo.

#17 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 817 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 12, 2013 - 03:01 PM

If Nash came back tonight, he would have been forced to play 40+ minutes like he did in his first comeback against GS. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users