#161 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,466 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 18, 2013 - 01:28 PM

Do it in the playoffs now and all is forgiven... Go 12/8 again and all is forgotten.

It will be as simple as that.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#162 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,658 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted April 18, 2013 - 02:07 PM

I consider myself one of pau's more consistent supporters, but no one supports pau like Whatusaid

he must be high fiving all the time right now

Say what? lmao

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#163 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,340 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 18, 2013 - 02:55 PM

He won't be back. They ain't paying out the ass for the 7th seed.

Edited by Chad, April 18, 2013 - 02:56 PM.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#164 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,103 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted April 18, 2013 - 03:40 PM

Lol if that was the case do we just completely forget about the three straight finals appearances that didn't occur until he came to town? I mean you can't selectively choose when he does bad and forget about his good times. The best player in the planet just recently had two straight disappointing acts in the 2010 and 2011 playoffs yet that doesn't take away from what he's doing now...

I was as mad at Pau as any Laker fan where it seemed like he just forgot what he was playing for at times but that doesn't blind me from giving ups to the man averaging 17.5 pts, 12 rebounds, 6.6 asssists and 1.4 blocks per game in this month and the Lakers have gone 7-1 in a do or die month. Like ANY player you can point out the bad times he's had, I guarantee you I can find just as many good times

What about 'em? Kudos to him for playing second fiddle like a good boy but how long ago was that? For 20 million dollars a year, you can't even come close to sustaining that kind of effort?

What was he before he got to LA? I'm not being selective. I expect him to maintain his production and not get bent over repeatedly by players that are supposedly inferior to him. I expect him to show a pulse in the playoffs (you know the place you go to win ships?) instead of embarrassing himself.

Lebron? Do you really want to compare his postseason numbers to Pau's numbers? Lol

I'm not thrilled about a month's worth of solid play.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#165 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,103 posts

Posted April 18, 2013 - 03:45 PM

Do it in the playoffs now and all is forgiven... Go 12/8 again and all is forgotten.

It will be as simple as that.

Don't forget 13/10 and sub 40 shooting

Pau Gasol is GONE

#166 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,354 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted April 18, 2013 - 04:34 PM

Playing outstanding so far, he has to show it in the playoffs though. I think he might be gone too next year that is if the right deal comes.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#167 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,466 posts

Posted April 18, 2013 - 06:03 PM

He won't be back. They ain't paying out the ass for the 7th seed.

They've been the 2nd best team in the west in the 2nd half of the season(40 games)    The only team in the west better than us in that stretch has been Denver. 

And during that stretch we only lost at home twice.

Edited by Majesty, April 18, 2013 - 06:03 PM.

#168 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 18, 2013 - 07:10 PM

The Garbage sig strikes again :D

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#169 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,166 posts

Posted April 18, 2013 - 07:11 PM

The Garbage sig strikes again :D

??

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

• 40,416 posts

Posted April 18, 2013 - 07:26 PM

^ It's like a reverse jinx. He used to do it back in the day when LO was here as well and it usually worked.

yo.

#171 stillshining

stillshining

Rookie

• 406 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted April 18, 2013 - 08:18 PM

What about 'em? Kudos to him for playing second fiddle like a good boy but how long ago was that? For 20 million dollars a year, you can't even come close to sustaining that kind of effort?

What was he before he got to LA? I'm not being selective. I expect him to maintain his production and not get bent over repeatedly by players that are supposedly inferior to him. I expect him to show a pulse in the playoffs (you know the place you go to win ships?) instead of embarrassing himself.

Lebron? Do you really want to compare his postseason numbers to Pau's numbers? Lol

I'm not thrilled about a month's worth of solid play.

You posted that he had two years of playoff struggles to make up for yet you wanna shrug off me bringing up THREE straight post-seasons where he played at an all star level, Ok... And hey, you'll never hear me argue that Pau is worth his price but it was a reward for him helping putting the Lakers back on top. Pau was an all star player that was a cornerstone on a playoff team in the western conference, I'm sure we didn't transform from a seventh seed to one of the few teams to make it to the finals three years straight by trading for a nobody.

I deff agree with your expectations and it's not hard to ask, I just don't think he has anything to make up for. I'm not comparing Lebrons numbers to Pau's by the way, I'm comparing their situations. Lebron bounced back from two straight disappointing exits (for a player of his caliber) and has dominated since. Pau is showing that he's performing down the stretch in which every game was a do or die and outplayed multiple star forwards this month

#172 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,466 posts

Posted April 18, 2013 - 09:35 PM

You posted that he had two years of playoff struggles to make up for yet you wanna shrug off me bringing up THREE straight post-seasons where he played at an all star level, Ok... And hey, you'll never hear me argue that Pau is worth his price but it was a reward for him helping putting the Lakers back on top. Pau was an all star player that was a cornerstone on a playoff team in the western conference, I'm sure we didn't transform from a seventh seed to one of the few teams to make it to the finals three years straight by trading for a nobody.

I deff agree with your expectations and it's not hard to ask, I just don't think he has anything to make up for. I'm not comparing Lebrons numbers to Pau's by the way, I'm comparing their situations. Lebron bounced back from two straight disappointing exits (for a player of his caliber) and has dominated since. Pau is showing that he's performing down the stretch in which every game was a do or die and outplayed multiple star forwards this month

The THREE STRAIGHT POST SEASONS

you bring up

were PRIOR to the drop off.

Why would he bring up the three straight post -seasons when they are no longer relevant?

I'm sorry but you can't bring that up in terms of relevance as what Pau does "now" is what matters, not what he did 3 years ago.  And for the past 2 years he's let down in the playoffs.  If what he did 3 years ago was still relevant we wouldn't be complaining about how far he's fallen.

He needs to produce like he has lately this month in the playoffs.

That is the only thing that would attone for the last previous post-season letdowns.  

People need to stop holding onto "well 3 years ago he helped us!"  And realize "but the last 2 years he's been a determent"

NOW if he is able to produce like this in the playoffs all is forgiven.. but if he flubs up again all will be remembered and his recent stretch will be forgotten.

He needs to bring it in the playoffs.  Point blank the end :)

Hope that he does.

#173 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,213 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted April 18, 2013 - 10:08 PM

Are you guys fans? Or are you guys spoiled little brats? Hate on Pau all you want, but don't disregard what he's done (and doing) for this franchise. Think about this, if it weren't for Pau, Kobe wouldn't be a laker, he would've been traded or left in FA way back then.

#174 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,658 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted April 18, 2013 - 10:25 PM

Lets be real, Pau wasn't the only Laker to play bad these past 2 playoffs.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#175 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,812 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 18, 2013 - 11:16 PM

Lets be real, Pau wasn't the only Laker to play bad these past 2 playoffs.

There weren't very many other Lakers being paid superstar money for bench player production.

We all know what he's capable of, we saw it from '08-10. He has been a tremendous disappointment the last two years in the postseason. He had the biggest dropoff in play of anyone on the team, just outright disappeared for long stretches of games. It's a pretty big deal when the guy who was once a reliable 2nd option on the way to two championships is now a question mark before each and every game.

#176 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,904 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted April 19, 2013 - 12:16 AM

I think Pau has to be physically healthy AND mentally sharp/engaged/ and emotionally stable to be a good player.

I think he plays well when he gets insulted or disrespected.

#177 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,904 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted April 19, 2013 - 12:18 AM

I also think PF position is as competitive as PG and since Pau is really a finesse C, he can get out powered by Forwards with stronger bases(low leg strength). his balance is sometimes very bad.

#178 stillshining

stillshining

Rookie

• 406 posts

Posted April 19, 2013 - 07:02 AM

The THREE STRAIGHT POST SEASONS

you bring up

were PRIOR to the drop off.

Why would he bring up the three straight post -seasons when they are no longer relevant?

I'm sorry but you can't bring that up in terms of relevance as what Pau does "now" is what matters, not what he did 3 years ago.  And for the past 2 years he's let down in the playoffs.  If what he did 3 years ago was still relevant we wouldn't be complaining about how far he's fallen.

He needs to produce like he has lately this month in the playoffs.

That is the only thing that would attone for the last previous post-season letdowns.  

People need to stop holding onto "well 3 years ago he helped us!"  And realize "but the last 2 years he's been a determent"

NOW if he is able to produce like this in the playoffs all is forgiven.. but if he flubs up again all will be remembered and his recent stretch will be forgotten.

He needs to bring it in the playoffs.  Point blank the end :)

Hope that he does.

Read his first post then read mine, Pau doesn't have to play another minute in a Laker uniform and he will still be mentioned with all the other great players that were ESSENTIAL to the banners hanging in LA.. he doesn't need to make up for anything because he's brought more good then bad to the franchise and no where did i mention what Pau did being relevant to his play today, come on now.

The last two seasons the fact of the matter is that Pau was being mis-used to try and please their star center (Bynum then Dwight), Phil noted that's what changed the chemistry of the team last season. What I'm struggling with is why every time he produces, what he did in the last two playoffs is brought up as if that's his identity now, it's obvious he's healthy and FINALLY being used correctly (like D'antoni recently admitted) and he's producing in the biggest month of the season but is constantly doubted as if he has never delivered there before

I will never argue that he is paid fairly or that he hasn't produced but I just don't understand the zero tolerance this guy has, hes averaging stupid numbers in the biggest month of the season yet we're gonna brush it off because of what he did two playoffs ago?

#179 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,103 posts

Posted April 19, 2013 - 07:15 AM

I'm not shrugging off his wayyyy in the past performance. I'm reiterating how much of a pathetic player he has transformed into. He came in from Memphis and helped us hang two but then he had an astronomical drop-off in performance. And something happened that not even I thought was possible: HE BECAME EVEN WORSE ON DEFENSE! What I'm hearing from Pau advocates is that because he HELPED us win a couple of ships, he has every right to be an embarrassment on defense, he has every right to be the Spanish Kwame Brown, he has every right to get bent over by players like Kenneth Fareid, Carl Landry, and a host of other players who I'm certain aren't making 20 million a year.

Lebron NEVER had this type of drop off in performance.

Edited by Windu, April 19, 2013 - 07:16 AM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#180 stillshining

stillshining

Rookie

• 406 posts

Posted April 19, 2013 - 07:28 AM

I'm not shrugging off his wayyyy in the past performance. I'm reiterating how much of a pathetic player he has transformed into. He came in from Memphis and helped us hang two but then he had an astronomical drop-off in performance. And something happened that not even I thought was possible: HE BECAME EVEN WORSE ON DEFENSE! What I'm hearing from Pau advocates is that because he HELPED us win a couple of ships, he has every right to be an embarrassment on defense, he has every right to be the Spanish Kwame Brown, he has every right to get bent over by players like Kenneth Fareid, Carl Landry, and a host of other players who I'm certain aren't making 20 million a year.

Lebron NEVER had this type of drop off in performance.

Haha there's no question Pau's play has been dropped off dramatically and obv he has huge part to do with it but I think circumstance does too, isn't it interesting that his drop off coincied with two coaches mis-using him to please their star centers? I hear you're a fan of Phil and he suggested that moving Bynum to the second option last year ruined the way the team played, I don't want to get into how Mike D'antoni wanted to use him... Pau deff ain't worth 20 mill but even at his apex he wasn't worth that much so thats the front office's blunder

Lebron had the worst dropoff for a superstar in the 2011 finals, I'm sure you saw the crazy stats. His drop-off was greater (for his caliber) than Pau's

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users