#61 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,179 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted April 11, 2013 - 10:42 AM

Couple things, Windu will still say Pau sucks. He dislikes him and that's how its going to be even when Pau is off the Lakers. None of you are changing his opinion on it so your attempts at doing so are pointless. You want him to give Pau props? Good luck.

I agree with you when you say that no one can change windus opinion of Pau. It was just funny to me that windu relentlessly kicks and beats the little kid (pau) when he's down and having a hard time. But when that little kid now has a black belt in karate and can beat the [expletive] out of anyone, windu is nowhere to be found.

#62 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,468 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted April 11, 2013 - 12:39 PM

I agree with you when you say that no one can change windus opinion of Pau. It was just funny to me that windu relentlessly kicks and beats the little kid (pau) when he's down and having a hard time. But when that little kid now has a black belt in karate and can beat the [expletive] out of anyone, windu is nowhere to be found.

not really though lol

#63 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,179 posts

Posted April 11, 2013 - 02:07 PM

not really though lol

Lol not really what?

#64 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,881 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted April 11, 2013 - 02:14 PM

Lol not really what?

I think Windu's high critique of Pau Gasol has more-so to do with consistency, and less-so to do with select recent successes. Don't get me wrong, Pau has been playing GREAT and I want him to keep it up! But consistency is what separates talking the talk from walking the walk.

Edited by -Wade-, April 11, 2013 - 02:15 PM.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#65 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,468 posts

Posted April 11, 2013 - 02:36 PM

Lol not really what?

hes kept his stance on Pau the same for awhile now.

#66 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,741 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 11, 2013 - 02:40 PM

I think Windu's high critique of Pau Gasol has more-so to do with consistency, and less-so to do with select recent successes. Don't get me wrong, Pau has been playing GREAT and I want him to keep it up! But consistency is what separates talking the talk from walking the walk.

Pretty much. People say that 50 games and 2 seasons isn't enough of a sample size to say "he's not" but use 5 game sample sizes to say "he is!!!". That's what Windu refers to when he calls people gullible.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#67 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,198 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted April 11, 2013 - 02:45 PM

so where were you when phil had to shove pau in the chest in the playoffs to play with intensity? and still didn't? where where you all year? pau is not consistent. let him prove us wrong

ap1.png

#68 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,179 posts

Posted April 11, 2013 - 02:46 PM

hes kept his stance on Pau the same for awhile now.

The little kid/bully analogy had nothing to do with his stance. It had to do with him talking [expletive] about Pau to the point where he said trade for people that I didn't know we're in the lg. it was more so that when Pau was struggling you couldn't shut windu up, now you can't make him talk.

He probably still wouldn't give Pau his props

Edited by MrKnowItAll, April 11, 2013 - 03:05 PM.

#69 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,518 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted April 11, 2013 - 03:06 PM

I'm guessing Windu has latent homosexual tendencies and a strong attraction to Pau Gasol that he has not come to terms with and lashes out in response.

LMAO. WOW

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#70 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,179 posts

Posted April 11, 2013 - 03:12 PM

so where were you when phil had to shove pau in the chest in the playoffs to play with intensity? and still didn't? where where you all year? pau is not consistent. let him prove us wrong

First of all, I wasn't on this forum when Phil was here. Second of all, I was one of the majority of people here that was critical of Pau earlier in the season, but I as with most of the others are giving him his props and actually wants him to do well. Windu gives off the impression that he doesn't want Pau to do well, and he does play well, he doesn't give him his props.

If it weren't Pau, we wouldn't have won these past 2 games, and we wouldn't have a 1 lead for the 8th spot. And I already know what the Pau haters are going to say to this. I have something for them.

Edited by MrKnowItAll, April 11, 2013 - 03:15 PM.

#71 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,518 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted April 11, 2013 - 03:26 PM

Pau was terrible in those 11' playoffs. The Lakers weren't beating Dallas no matter how well he played. <br /><br /><br /><br /><br />

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#72 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,468 posts

Posted April 11, 2013 - 03:40 PM

The little kid/bully analogy had nothing to do with his stance. It had to do with him talking [expletive] about Pau to the point where he said trade for people that I didn't know we're in the lg. it was more so that when Pau was struggling you couldn't shut windu up, now you can't make him talk.

He probably still wouldn't give Pau his props

He really doesn't need to. Pau's last season and his past playoff performances do that for him.

#73 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,179 posts

Posted April 11, 2013 - 03:52 PM

He really doesn't need to. Pau's last season and his past playoff performances do that for him.

So what does he have to do to change that? That's in the past. So if he plays well in the playoffs (assuming we make it) will you guys still bring up the past?

Edited by MrKnowItAll, April 11, 2013 - 03:53 PM.

#74 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 821 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 11, 2013 - 04:13 PM

Windu's hatred (a buzzword that makes him angry :laughing: ) of Pau Gasol clearly goes past him as a player, however strongly he may deny it. I once asked him what his opinion on him was via PM (since I was new here, wanted to start conversation). He goes as far as to act like a complete child, calling me a "liar, go away liar!", amongst other insults. He's probably the only person on this forum whose opinion I do not respect whatsoever. I don't always agree with every opinion stated here, but at least you can all back it up with understandable logic. All I have seen from him are two to three word responses. It's really quite pathetic to see someone thrive off of pettiness for a person he has probably not and will never meet.

On topic: I am very happy to see Pau's confidence back. I have always thought that was the number one key to his game, and it will be that way down the stretch. Another thing is that it seems D'Antoni has lost another aspect of his coaching (trying to spread the floor with Pau), and just letting Kobe/Pau facilitate the impromptu offense. Given that MDA is a terrible coach, this is a good thing. I wonder what happens when Nash returns, as he will not completely cede playmaking to Gasol and Kobe.

Edited by CueTheRain, April 11, 2013 - 04:13 PM.

#75 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Wolf Children

• 8,472 posts

Posted April 11, 2013 - 04:28 PM

Giving credit to the wrong man.

It's been D'Antoni all the way.

I believe, in D'Antoni.

MMiRi9s.png

#76 Scooter123

Scooter123

Rookie

• 297 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted April 11, 2013 - 04:35 PM

Pau, since his injury, has been phenominal.  I also think that Antoni may have finally figured out how to run the double low post with Pau. 

#77 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,179 posts

Posted April 11, 2013 - 04:38 PM

I think Kobe was the one that told Pau to forget what the coach tells you to do and get on the block. Not 100% sure, but I think that's what I heard.

#78 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,468 posts

Posted April 11, 2013 - 06:13 PM

So what does he have to do to change that? That's in the past. So if he plays well in the playoffs (assuming we make it) will you guys still bring up the past?

Yes i will still want him to be traded. His time is up.

#79 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,741 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 11, 2013 - 06:31 PM

I think Kobe was the one that told Pau to forget what the coach tells you to do and get on the block. Not 100% sure, but I think that's what I heard.

General statement not singular inc

D'antoni benched Pau to force him to go to the block and the post.

Pau not going to post has been on him, even when D'antoni was telling him to.

So it has been on Pau but Kobe got to him and made it very clear, basically told Pau to stick his (bleep) on the block and to not move.

Now it's up to Pau to stay consistent.

He's finally gone to the post consistently enough with Dwight on the floor that we could run double post which I kept trying to say D'antoni was trying to run but Pau would screw up spacing or back along the perimeter.

I'm glad to see Pau finally in the post but let's not say "finally he isn't listening to D'antoni" when months ago D'antoni was screaming at Pau to post and the reason he was benched was his refusal to post with Dwight and for screwing up the spacing otherwise.

I know ya'll may not like D'antoni but let's not act like he wasn't trying to get Pau to post for the last half of the season if he didn't Pau wouldn't have been benched in the first place.

Edited by Majesty, April 11, 2013 - 06:35 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#80 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,089 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 11, 2013 - 07:14 PM

Windu's hatred (a buzzword that makes him angry :laughing: ) of Pau Gasol clearly goes past him as a player, however strongly he may deny it. I once asked him what his opinion on him was via PM (since I was new here, wanted to start conversation). He goes as far as to act like a complete child, calling me a "liar, go away liar!", amongst other insults. He's probably the only person on this forum whose opinion I do not respect whatsoever. I don't always agree with every opinion stated here, but at least you can all back it up with understandable logic. All I have seen from him are two to three word responses. It's really quite pathetic to see someone thrive off of pettiness for a person he has probably not and will never meet.

On topic: I am very happy to see Pau's confidence back. I have always thought that was the number one key to his game, and it will be that way down the stretch. Another thing is that it seems D'Antoni has lost another aspect of his coaching (trying to spread the floor with Pau), and just letting Kobe/Pau facilitate the impromptu offense. Given that MDA is a terrible coach, this is a good thing. I wonder what happens when Nash returns, as he will not completely cede playmaking to Gasol and Kobe.

You're full of [expletive]. Only thing said in that stalker-ish type PM you sent me was you [expletive]ing about my repetition of the truth concerning Pau Gasol. "But but but why you talk bad about Pau all the time" and other whiney bull[expletive]. I'm not sure if you clueless Pau advocates understand that the game of basketball entails 82+ games; you wanna stick your bird chests out over a handful of games? Get the [expletive] outta here. When this team needs Pau Gasol the most, he's proven he cannot be relied on anymore and I challenge ANYONE to prove me wrong. This [expletive] ain't personal; I don't know Pau Gasol...he seems like an upstanding individual but that doesn't have a damn thing to do with his 20 million dollar houdini acts all at the expense of the Lakers franchise. As for all that [expletive] you pulled outta your ass...I already know how ignorant you are and what you say holds just about as much weight as Mike D'Antoni's stellar NBA coaching career.

Pau Gasol is GONE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users