247 replies to this topic

#41 Cato

Cato

Rookie

• 432 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:THE BLACK MAMBA

Posted April 11, 2013 - 03:17 AM

If I wasn't so lazy I'd look up the quote where Majesty and several others screamed how MWP is a better PF than Pau. Where are all the haters who kept insisting Pau would "never" play well again? I deigned to say he was just playing hurt and there's no way he permanently declined and got flamed... shout out to Pau!

#42 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,440 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted April 11, 2013 - 04:16 AM

Paus been our MVP down the stretch. Sign him to a 4 year, $80 million extension NOW!

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#43 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 918 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 11, 2013 - 04:55 AM

soon well be getting MVP chants when pau shoots free throws.

#44 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,097 posts
  • Name:Will

Posted April 11, 2013 - 04:59 AM

So gullible

Pau Gasol is GONE

#45 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,440 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted April 11, 2013 - 07:43 AM

lol, honestly Paus still great. Ill take a 7' pf/c who can hit a 16 foot jumper any day. His interior passing is second to none. And he will give you 6-15 boards every game. And now him and D12 seem to be complimenting each other in the post. Maybe they had problems at first because they had so many injuries they had to deal and they had the coach change. But now things seem to click better.

However at his stage of his career hes 12-14 mill/season good. not 19 mill. Thats my only issue. But were the franchise that paid Luke Walton 6 or 7 mill/season. So maybe 19 is the going rate for a player like Pau when the Lakers are the writing the check. Thats all gravy. WIN and nobody will gaf how much he does or doesnt make.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#46 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,732 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 11, 2013 - 07:52 AM

Pau has been playing very well and that's a wonderful fact to increase his market value, therefore the Lakers will be able to get a better package when they deal Gasol in the upcoming offseason. Thanks Pau for the two championships you brought to LA but your time has come to an end as a Laker.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#47 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,211 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted April 11, 2013 - 07:53 AM

So gullible

That's all you have to say?

#48 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,211 posts

Posted April 11, 2013 - 07:55 AM

Windu, how bout instead of dodging this why do t you give us your opinion on Pau right now? And you CAN'T bring up the last because if you bring up the past you will lose.

#49 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,211 posts

Posted April 11, 2013 - 07:57 AM

WIN and nobody (except for windu) will gaf how much he does or doesnt make.

Fixed

#50 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,258 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted April 11, 2013 - 08:12 AM

Windu is a clown.

Glad Pau is stepping up and shutting him up.

LOL

#51 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,258 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted April 11, 2013 - 08:21 AM

Windu, how bout instead of dodging this why do t you give us your opinion on Pau right now? And you CAN'T bring up the last because if you bring up the past you will lose.

How about people like you stop trying to cash in when things go their way? God I'm tired of seeing that crap. Good performances by a player occur and sure enough people that have backed them come out of the woodworks and beat their chest while saying 'TOLD YOU SO'.

Pau has been playing great. We all want to see him continue that. It still doesn't make up for his garbage play for the majority of the past 2 seasons.

/discussion

#52 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,394 posts

Posted April 11, 2013 - 08:45 AM

Couple things, Windu will still say Pau sucks.  He dislikes him and that's how its going to be even when Pau is off the Lakers.  None of you are changing his opinion on it so your attempts at doing so are pointless. You want him to give Pau props? Good luck. 

Back to the actual topic, when Pau catches that ball in the paint near the free throw line, he's nearly unstoppable.  He catches that ball in there and becomes a triple threat again, which is what he was under Phil Jackson.  He can shoot it, pass it, or drive it.  He's making it a lot easier for Dwight.  If we can continue that system, they can do some good things.  

Pau should touch the ball every single time down the floor because of his playmaking ability. Will Dwight like that? Probably not, but until Dwight improves his offensive game, he shouldn't be touching the ball every time. 

#53 stillshining

stillshining

Rookie

• 388 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted April 11, 2013 - 08:49 AM

Couple things, Windu will still say Pau sucks.  He dislikes him and that's how its going to be even when Pau is off the Lakers.  None of you are changing his opinion on it so your attempts at doing so are pointless. You want him to give Pau props? Good luck. 

Back to the actual topic, when Pau catches that ball in the paint near the free throw line, he's nearly unstoppable.  He catches that ball in there and becomes a triple threat again, which is what he was under Phil Jackson.  He can shoot it, pass it, or drive it.  He's making it a lot easier for Dwight.  If we can continue that system, they can do some good things.  

Pau should touch the ball every single time down the floor because of his playmaking ability. Will Dwight like that? Probably not, but until Dwight improves his offensive game, he shouldn't be touching the ball every time. 

Not only that but it's starting to get obvious that Pau is the better option on the low post as well, he's not as imposing as Dwight so he gets less attention and you can't double Kobe, Dwight AND Pau. Plus the bottom line is he is more skilled, keeps the ball away from smaller players to strip, is a better passer and will knock down free throws if needed.

I think the play that is starting to become gold for us is when Pau sets a screen for Kobe and they decide to blitz and trap Kobe, that leaves Pau exactly where you stated with a four on three... Just deadly

#54 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,496 posts

Posted April 11, 2013 - 09:05 AM

I've always said that Pau would be great on any other team where there wasn't another big man dominating the paint, while others (one who has been named multiple times now) have said he's lost it period and that he just flat out sucks (LOL).

I was right that Pau can still dominate but boy was I wrong about him not being able to share the paint. I am HAPPY that I was wrong about that. Assuming we even make it to the playoffs, the Dwight/Pau combo is starting to actually be scary....the way it should have been all along. 

May be too late, or maybe it's just happening at exactly the right time. 

#55 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,350 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted April 11, 2013 - 09:05 AM

FOR ALL THE PAU HATERS! CHECK HIS STATS THE LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS!

THANKS!

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#56 avcpl

avcpl

Rookie

• 782 posts
  • Fan Since:since my dad took me to see "Wilt the Stilt" at the Forum
  • Fav. Laker:whoever wins the next game

Posted April 11, 2013 - 09:43 AM

Couple things, Windu will still say Pau sucks.  He dislikes him and that's how its going to be even when Pau is off the Lakers.  None of you are changing his opinion on it so your attempts at doing so are pointless. 

Agreed. It brings to mind Shakespeare's "...doth protest too much..." quote.  When someone is that down on something it's usually because they can't handle their suppressed feelings. (lol, yes I am a psychologist)

I'm guessing Windu has latent homosexual tendencies and a strong attraction to Pau Gasol that he has not come to terms with and lashes out in response. 

Hopefully he can get some professional help to deal with it. 

There is no way a rational observer could not give props to Pau's play--even at the very least to recognize that he is improving his trade value. Pau is playing great and either way it is going to help the Lakers; true fans realize this. 

#57 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,470 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted April 11, 2013 - 09:59 AM

We still need to trade him....no doubt about it

#58 ColStac

ColStac

Bleed Purple and Gold

• 483 posts
  • Name:Colmon
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted April 11, 2013 - 10:00 AM

This!  I've been saying this all season long!  Pau is exponentially better than Dwight in the low block.  His skill, soft touch, and passing ability make him a much more viable threat.  He avoids all the needless off the ball fouls and manages to avoid being stripped 5 times a game.  Simply put, he's fundamentally sound, where Dwight is not.  Obviously, the opposite chasm in ability is in existence defensively.  Give me Dwight over Pau protecting the paint any day any time.

The game changes, the players turnover, but the Mamba remains a constant!

#59 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,097 posts
  • Name:Will

Posted April 11, 2013 - 10:15 AM

No one here has anything legitimate to say. When I get a chance, I'll address these misguided selective amnesia posts. Every last one of you were ghost for the majority of the season and the last couple of postseasons

Pau Gasol is GONE

• 40,404 posts

Posted April 11, 2013 - 10:22 AM

Windu is a clown.

Are you gonna' tell him to paint his face as well?

yo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users