247 replies to this topic

#21 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,336 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted April 10, 2013 - 09:11 PM

if antoni can get a roster he wants this off season, that fits his scheme... then we could do some damage. 

Question is... do we still move pau?

ap1.png

#22 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,841 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted April 10, 2013 - 09:14 PM

if antoni can get a roster he wants this off season, that fits his scheme... then we could do some damage.

Question is... do we still move pau?

I don't want MDA making any offseason player decisions. He needs to use whatever they give them. Play players to their strength.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#23 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,809 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted April 10, 2013 - 09:20 PM

Yeah who'd have thought that if Pau finally committed to the post that D'antoni would run double post.. I wonder... :P

D'antoni was the one that said "playing post-up Basktball is bad Basketball". It's not that Pau doesn't want to play in the post it's that D'antoni took him out.

#24 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 880 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 10, 2013 - 09:21 PM

I give props to Pau, as offensively he is being aggressive and operating from the post which is his strength. He does look alot more active since returning and has looked to take some of the offensive load. Being injury free seems to have improved his confidence as well. Obviously his D is his weak point and major reason for his benching earlier this season. While he hasn't been any better since his return on the defensive end he is showing abit more effort. If Pau can keep up his output since he's come back then you can somewhat live with his defensive woes. If he can be consistent with these numbers and take them to the playoffs if we make it then he deserves some recognition. However we will have to wait and see. Did Pau deserve all the criticism earlier this season? Yes because he was not performing and it was warranted. However I'm happy to see him doing well as of late because we don't know how many games he has left in Purple n Gold.

#25 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,239 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted April 10, 2013 - 09:22 PM

He's played like [expletive] 90% of the season. Hes playing excellent now but he deserved all the criticism

He hasn't even played 90% of the season. Also, it's just funny to me that when Pau isn't playing well, you can't shut him. But now that Pau is doing well, windu is nowhere to be found.

#26 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted April 10, 2013 - 09:22 PM

Yeah who'd have thought that if Pau finally committed to the post that D'antoni would run double post.. I wonder... :P

D'Antoni even said tonight the system was screwed up.  It had nothing to do with Pau committing to the post.  He was trying to do what D'Antoni was asking originally and space the floor.

#27 K-Kris

K-Kris

Forum Browser

• 615 posts
  • Name:Kris
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 10, 2013 - 09:23 PM

We'll see if pau keeps this up in the playoffs (if we make it).... pau has disappeared in the post-season before.

But im glad to see him playing well.

#28 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,602 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 10, 2013 - 09:25 PM

D'Antoni even said tonight the system was screwed up. It had nothing to do with Pau committing to the post. He was trying to do what D'Antoni was asking originally and space the floor.

Last night he said he didn't want them to space the floor and wanted them to work in the post through Pau. Kobe confirmed this.

I think D'antoni has been done trying to use Pau on the perimeter since January :P

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#29 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,104 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Pau was not healthy to start the season, and he does JUST enough in the post and beyond that, he just takes Kobe's doubles and with minimal attention he should be doing this. Teams key in more on Dwight than him.

But Pau is healthy and playing MUCh better

#30 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,809 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

D'Antoni even said tonight the system was screwed up.  It had nothing to do with Pau committing to the post.  He was trying to do what D'Antoni was asking originally and space the floor.

Actually Pau needs to be more of a hybrid. He needs to be able to space the floor when we need him to, and double post when needed.

#31 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,104 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted April 10, 2013 - 09:26 PM

it was both. Pau was not in the postBUt he had chances to go in the post and he didn't. No dwight on the floor and he was missing 15 footers. 

I blame his health

#32 Anautikus

Anautikus

#DominateLA

• 689 posts
  • Fan Since:All Star Weekend '98
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Pau, the Candyman

Posted April 10, 2013 - 09:29 PM

The Dwight-Pau high-low game is a thing of beauty when they start rolling.

#DominateInjuries

#DominateHashtags

#DominateDominating

#KobeSystem

#33 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA

Posted April 10, 2013 - 09:36 PM

This is the Pau we need in the playoffs.

Posted Image

#34 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,143 posts

Posted April 10, 2013 - 09:46 PM

He is back.

#35 stillshining

stillshining

Rookie

• 501 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted April 10, 2013 - 09:47 PM

Last night he said he didn't want them to space the floor and wanted them to work in the post through Pau. Kobe confirmed this.

I think D'antoni has been done trying to use Pau on the perimeter since January :P

Lol let's not try and give credit for a supposed offensive genius figuring out what everyone was saying for the ENTIRE year 70+ games into the season. We had to go to 6 games below .500 for him to realize his system wasn't working. Plus Pau deff made it seem like Kobe was a lot more responsible for him going down there than Mike

"He just tells me to just run to the post and take it and screw everything else, basically," Gasol said of Kobe's instructions. "That's not my personality. I like my team and my coaching staff to want me to be there, instead of positioning myself there, but hey. ... It helps that Kobe, who has a lot of control over what happens out there, wants me to be there and sees that it works and is supportive."

#36 Alpha Four

Alpha Four

Fugitive Alien

• 501 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted April 10, 2013 - 10:07 PM

Pau must've done some training in the hyperbolic time chamber or something. He's in 09-10 form.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

• 40,431 posts

Posted April 10, 2013 - 10:24 PM

But I give Kobe a lot of credit too, he apparently got on Gasol hard and basically told him "park your (bleep) in the post and DON'T (bleep)ing move!"

And it worked.

It's what happens when Pau is put in the correct position to succeed.

Pau deff made it seem like Kobe was a lot more responsible for him going down there than Mike

"He just tells me to just run to the post and take it and screw everything else, basically," Gasol said of Kobe's instructions. "That's not my personality. I like my team and my coaching staff to want me to be there, instead of positioning myself there, but hey. ... It helps that Kobe, who has a lot of control over what happens out there, wants me to be there and sees that it works and is supportive."

http://www.latimes.c...0,2729331.story

Also:

https://twitter.com/...207794587639808

D'Antoni on reason for Pau's inspired play lately: "Think earlier he was hurt and the system was screwed up."

Edited by    , April 10, 2013 - 10:31 PM.

yo.

#38 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,602 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 10, 2013 - 11:45 PM

http://www.latimes.c...0,2729331.story

Also:
https://twitter.com/...207794587639808

Yes D'antoni your system WAS screwed up. If you hadn't changed in January, Bernie would be our coach right now.

Nice to see gasol committing to the post finally along with that change.

Watching double post is fun! We just need to keep it up!!! 3 more times, just 3 more times and we can breathe..for a day. Then it's playoff time.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#39 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted April 11, 2013 - 01:30 AM

Bad choice........

If I were you, I would delete your post right now before Windu goes all Jackie Chan on you when he reads it :laughing:

Windu is a clown.

Glad Pau is stepping up and shutting him up.
htCCl0m.png

#40 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,690 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 11, 2013 - 02:23 AM

Bad choice........

If I were you, I would delete your post right now before Windu goes all Jackie Chan on you when he reads it :laughing:
Windu is a clown.

Glad Pau is stepping up and shutting him up.

He can have his opinion, doesnt make him a clown.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users