• Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

#201 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,325 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 19, 2013 - 07:34 PM

Let's see if Pau pulls his normal playoffs routine, then we can reassess him.

Edited by Chad, April 19, 2013 - 07:37 PM.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#202 Roidz

Roidz

Rookie

• 1,249 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:KB, L.O., Dwight, Glen Rice

Posted April 19, 2013 - 07:43 PM

I don't care how well Pau plays in the playoffs, we still need to trade him. The better he plays the higher his trade value, but we need to trade him regardless.

"What I'm doing right now, I'm chasing perfection." -Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted Image

#203 Roidz

Roidz

Rookie

• 1,249 posts

Posted April 19, 2013 - 07:44 PM

The shirt was made by "Most Wanted" designs, may have to do a bit of searching between classifieds and ebay to find it in purple. I found the shirt in black here, ships from Orange County:
http://uprightappare...nted-kobe-shirt

LA_20Most_20Wanted_20Kobe_20Outlaw_20Ban

Damn. Wonder who designed that website. Can't read [expletive]

Posted Image

#204 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,378 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted April 20, 2013 - 03:33 AM

And get who???? What true big man could we get that is better than a healthy Pau?? How can we get equal or better value?? GM's are much smarter these days around the league. Our biggest problem is athleticism at the PG and SF positions and Kobe's contract. Miami is Miami because they have 3 superstars in their prime who took major pay cuts. By the way, none of this makes a difference if 4 out of 5 starters can't get back in transition defense

I don't care how well Pau plays in the playoffs, we still need to trade him. The better he plays the higher his trade value, but we need to trade him regardless.

#205 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,378 posts

Posted April 20, 2013 - 03:46 AM

Exactly!!! It's not Pau and Kobe's fault that Mitch and the Buss family weren't as good as Pat Riley to pull the Jedi Mind F@#! on Kobe and Pau as was done on LeBron, Wade and Bosh. Let's see if Howard will take a pay cut and talk to some players like John wall and Paul George and create the New Big Three at 16 mil per year each   HAHAHA  :woot:

Pau is over paid. no argument from me. I don't see how thats his fault. Pau is a proven player he deserved to be taken care of by LA. If you don't like it the problems with Mitch(or the NBA in general). He's known to give bad contracts. Has he lived up to the contact? Not so much. Does anybody truly live up to large contracts? We are paid on past accomplishments. That is life.

#206 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,254 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted April 20, 2013 - 08:42 AM

A good month or two of play isn't making me forget how short Pau came up in our last two playoff appearances. Let's see what he does against the spurs.

#207 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,154 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted April 20, 2013 - 08:54 AM

Damn. Wonder who designed that website. Can't read [expletive]

its from storenvy.com

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#208 Roidz

Roidz

Rookie

• 1,249 posts

Posted April 20, 2013 - 02:23 PM

And get who???? What true big man could we get that is better than a healthy Pau?? How can we get equal or better value?? GM's are much smarter these days around the league. Our biggest problem is athleticism at the PG and SF positions and Kobe's contract. Miami is Miami because they have 3 superstars in their prime who took major pay cuts. By the way, none of this makes a difference if 4 out of 5 starters can't get back in transition defense

We don't necessarily need to trade Pau for another big man. We just need to trade him for a quality piece or two. We're paying him too much money and he's just getting older. I like Pau, I do, but we need to get younger and more athletic.

Posted Image

#209 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,249 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted April 20, 2013 - 03:01 PM

we need to get a solid SF and a quality bench SG for pau and i'd be happy

ap1.png

#210 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted April 20, 2013 - 09:19 PM

I said it before this season: Pau needs to be traded because the Lakers have needs beyond what he brings to the table even when playing well. It really doesn't matter if he plays well or not to me in terms of my thoughts on whether or not he should be traded.

The only problem now is that it would leave the Lakers with only 1 guy who can produce a lot on a consistent basis(assuming he re-signs). We don't know the whole Kobe situation. He will probably miss time, and who knows what kind of player he'll be when he returns.

I think you need to trade Pau now for the best player possible now because of the Kobe situation.

Posted Image

#211 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,474 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted April 21, 2013 - 12:56 AM

I said it before this season: Pau needs to be traded because the Lakers have needs beyond what he brings to the table even when playing well. It really doesn't matter if he plays well or not to me in terms of my thoughts on whether or not he should be traded.

The only problem now is that it would leave the Lakers with only 1 guy who can produce a lot on a consistent basis(assuming he re-signs). We don't know the whole Kobe situation. He will probably miss time, and who knows what kind of player he'll be when he returns.

I think you need to trade Pau now for the best player possible now because of the Kobe situation.

Trading Pau is an option, obviously, and right now his value is as high as it is ever going to get. However, i think Dwight really likes playing with Pau and they've really been succesfull playing off each other recently.

I think Mitch and Jim will have a look at what happens in the playoffs. If San Antonio pick their twin-tower game apart, i think he's gone.

But if Pau and Dwight keeps up their current level of play, i think they should and will keep Pau. This twin-tower game they play is an advantage, that other teams do not have and is perhaps the only way to beat them. Like Kobe said: "Pau is the key to the whole thing". I think he's right.

Another reason to keep Pau is that he is on his last year of his deal. He loves LA and would probably take a lot less to stay and if his demands are too steep, the Lakers can just let him walk.

They are still going to listen to offers though and if K-Love, Aldridge or similar is offered, they pull the trigger. Unfortunately, i think the best offers will be Batum or Luol Deng.

#212 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,378 posts

Posted April 21, 2013 - 03:50 AM

And then how do we function with MAYBE D12 as the only big man on the entire team?? We'd have no length at all if Pau goes even IF D12 stays. Also IMO D12 is a glorified Power Forward. A damn good one but this 6'10" guy has trouble with centers with length. We proved that when Bynum and Pau shut D12 down in the championship some years ago. I've also watched J Magee, Brook Lopez and Deandre Jordan give D12 fits. Not because they are extremely good but because they are very long. Also how long do you think D12 will be able to jump as he does?? He's creeping up on 30 and father time is undefeated. Please don't mention Sacre!!! Is Pau making too much? YES. Is Kobe making too much?? Yes. Is MWP, Duhan, Blake and Nash making too much? Yes!!! Damn near the only Lakers who is in line salary wise may be Jordan Hill and Meeks. (If you take out the what have you done for LA in the past factor)  :laughing:

We don't necessarily need to trade Pau for another big man. We just need to trade him for a quality piece or two. We're paying him too much money and he's just getting older. I like Pau, I do, but we need to get younger and more athletic.

#213 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,092 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted April 21, 2013 - 04:46 AM

I've watched damn near everyone give Pau fits

Pau Gasol is GONE

#214 alec613

alec613

Off The Bench

• 1,439 posts
  • Fan Since:Can't remember
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted April 21, 2013 - 09:11 AM

not an expert when it comes to being an armchair gm, so forgive me

If the Lakers are temporarily under the cap, can they do a sign and trade with the Hawks for Josh Smith?

I know he wouldn't mind playing in a big market team  with his buddy, Dwight?

Amnesty Artest (dunno when  players are eligible to be amnestied)

Earl, Jamison, Dwight, are expiring, therefore they shouldn't count, then there's the rest of the bench that have unguaranteed contracts, or options.

Trade Pau, and sign Dwight later since they have his bird rights.

To avoid that much hassle, just amnesty Artest, then just trade Pau for pieces

Edited by alec613, April 21, 2013 - 09:52 AM.

TEAM TANK

TEAMtANK.png

#215 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,590 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted April 21, 2013 - 09:50 AM

It's judgement day. <br /><br />Big boy pants ON?

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#216 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,325 posts

Posted April 21, 2013 - 01:22 PM

4-11 Playoff Pau Pants.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

• 40,400 posts

Posted April 21, 2013 - 01:39 PM

Playoffs Pau is back unfortunately. Still hope, but not a great start. Should not be shooting under 50%, should not be settling for so many outside shots.

yo.

#218 stillshining

stillshining

Rookie

• 374 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted April 21, 2013 - 01:48 PM

Playoffs Pau is back unfortunately. Still hope, but not a great start. Should not be shooting under 50%, should not be settling for so many outside shots.

He has 14 rebounds and 6 assists, Tim has basically played him toe to toe. He's struggled with his shot but has played solid overall

• 40,400 posts

Posted April 21, 2013 - 01:49 PM

I'm not blind to the other areas you pointed, but the negatives are still what will shine most and it's just not good enough, especially when we don't have Kobe. That will not get it done.

Windu must be pretty happy right now.

yo.

#220 stillshining

stillshining

Rookie

• 374 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted April 21, 2013 - 01:53 PM

I'm not blind to the other areas you pointed, but the negatives are still what will shine most and it's just not good enough, especially when we don't have Kobe. That will not get it done.

Windu must be pretty happy right now.

He's been matched up against Tim Duncan all night (a DPOY candidate) and has played him evenly... No one but Howard has shot the ball well from the field, its been an ugly game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users