#181 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,101 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 19, 2013 - 07:37 AM

There are no circumstances...just excuses. We're talking about a player who the GOAT had to jab in the chest because of his play.

It's not about how he was used. He played like [expletive] under three different coaches, three different systems. Play some defense, play hard, grab a [expletive]ing rebound, play with heart...that's all I ask for.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#182 TheOriginalCZM

TheOriginalCZM

Rookie

• 823 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Brian Scalabrine

Posted April 19, 2013 - 07:40 AM

I'll rest my judgement until i see him in the playoffs. That's where it counts.

Edited by TheSuperbeast, April 19, 2013 - 07:40 AM.

#183 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,889 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted April 19, 2013 - 07:40 AM

Pau and Kobe had poor Dallas series.

#184 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,101 posts

Posted April 19, 2013 - 08:03 AM

Kobe's performance wasn't anywhere near as bad as Pau's. Dude couldn't even top 15 points and struggled to shoot 40% from the field. Imagine that...a seven footer with that kind of percentage.

Edited by Windu, April 19, 2013 - 08:05 AM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#185 stillshining

stillshining

Rookie

• 402 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted April 19, 2013 - 09:26 AM

There are no circumstances...just excuses. We're talking about a player who the GOAT had to jab in the chest because of his play.

It's not about how he was used. He played like [expletive] under three different coaches, three different systems. Play some defense, play hard, grab a [expletive]ing rebound, play with heart...that's all I ask for.

Lol so we're picking up a random moment when Phil wasn't happy with Pau, when he makes a book outlying how "uncoachable" he is, holla at me. As for your last sentence, there's absolutely no way you could prove he played like **** under Phil because he obviously he didn't. For every bad series he's had under Phil he's had about two more good ones, the same Phil you point out recently came out and procalimed this player a future HOF'er. The guy that's probably the greatest Laker of them all is his biggest supporter and trusts him the most out of every player. I think Pau has MORE than earned the beneift of the doubt is all I'm saying

#186 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,652 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted April 19, 2013 - 10:40 AM

Lets be real, Pau wasn't the only Laker to play bad these past 2 playoffs.

There weren't very many other Lakers being paid superstar money for bench player production.

We all know what he's capable of, we saw it from '08-10. He has been a tremendous disappointment the last two years in the postseason. He had the biggest dropoff in play of anyone on the team, just outright disappeared for long stretches of games. It's a pretty big deal when the guy who was once a reliable 2nd option on the way to two championships is now a question mark before each and every game.

Pau is over paid. no argument from me. I don't see how thats his fault. Pau is a proven player he deserved to be taken care of by LA. If you don't like it the problems with Mitch(or the NBA in general). He's known to give bad contracts. Has he lived up to the contact? Not so much. Does anybody truly live up to large contracts? We are paid on past accomplishments. That is life.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#187 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,101 posts

Posted April 19, 2013 - 10:49 AM

You can bet PJ never had to worry about the likes of MJ and Kobe leaving it all on the court. Like I said: EXCUSES. Pau Gasol has a lot of em and so do Pau advocates.

I can't prove it? The Dallas series ring a bell? Dude was damn near getting bent over by everyone on that roster. How about the New Orleans series? He was pedestrian at best and Carl Landry made Pau his [expletive]. I don't care what he's being proclaimed; I care about the fact that he's a detriment (on the court) to this team. And don't give me a month's worth of ball games to try to prove that "he's back". I've seen enough of the defeated, resigned, don't give a [expletive] looking Pau to completely forgot he's been a member of this franchise.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#188 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,927 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted April 19, 2013 - 11:11 AM

I'd like to know as well.

The shirt was made by "Most Wanted" designs, may have to do a bit of searching between classifieds and ebay to find it in purple. I found the shirt in black here, ships from Orange County:

http://uprightappare...nted-kobe-shirt

LA_20Most_20Wanted_20Kobe_20Outlaw_20Ban

Edited by -Wade-, April 19, 2013 - 11:13 AM.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#189 Anautikus

Anautikus

#DominateLA

• 688 posts
  • Fan Since:All Star Weekend '98
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Pau, the Candyman

Posted April 19, 2013 - 11:11 AM

The Garbage sig strikes again :D

Where's the D'Antoni sig? Maybe the sig-gods could turn him into a competent coach. :o

As for Pau, I don't think there's any reason - at THIS point - to worry about what he has done in the past. Forget the clunkers the last two post-seasons. Forget his early season 3-pt shooting woes. I'm not saying it doesn't matter, but that he's been playing solid for a month is something I'll gladly cling on to.

All I look for is a solid post-season production/resurgence that shows all of us fans why we adored him 3 years ago. Where you at, 2010 Pau?

#DominateInjuries

#DominateHashtags

#DominateDominating

#KobeSystem

#190 stillshining

stillshining

Rookie

• 402 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted April 19, 2013 - 11:18 AM

You can bet PJ never had to worry about the likes of MJ and Kobe leaving it all on the court. Like I said: EXCUSES. Pau Gasol has a lot of em and so do Pau advocates.

I can't prove it? The Dallas series ring a bell? Dude was damn near getting bent over by everyone on that roster. How about the New Orleans series? He was pedestrian at best and Carl Landry made Pau his [expletive]. I don't care what he's being proclaimed; I care about the fact that he's a detriment (on the court) to this team. And don't give me a month's worth of ball games to try to prove that "he's back". I've seen enough of the defeated, resigned, don't give a [expletive] looking Pau to completely forgot he's been a member of this franchise.

Haha I'm sure Phil hasn't but I'd rather him try and pump me up then make a book taking shots at me...

It's too bad Pau has played more than two series under Phil or you'd be totally correct, Phil was the coach during the 2008-2010 seasons you know. In 2010 against the thunder he put up 18, 12 and nearly 4 assists on 53% shooting with a block... against the jazz he put up a ridiculous 23.5 points with 14.5 boards and nearly 3 assists AND blocks on 60% shooting... against the suns he put up nearly 20 points, 7 boards, about 2 blocks and 4 assists on 56% shooting.... remember when people were yelling for Pau to be the MVP against the celtics ( i wasnt on board)? He put up 18.6 , 11.6 boards and 3.7 assists with 2.6 blocks on 48% shooting.. in a series where there were 4 future HOF'ers on the court (5 if you count rondo) he could argue as being the best during that series

So you brought up two series where he faltered under Phil and I basically just brought up the 4 series in 2010 where he dominated as a sidekick. You brought up Carl Landry outplaying him and I bring up him outplaying KG, STAT and Boozer (all star caliber forwards). If that's too far ago I can bring up him outplaying Lee, Dirk, Z-Bo and Aldridge (again all star caliber) in the past month.. of course you don't wanna hear that

#191 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,101 posts

Posted April 19, 2013 - 11:55 AM

You said I couldn't prove he played like [expletive] under PJ...I proved it to you. I know Pau advocates was watching those series...you just see what you wanna see. Goes back to my point of: 3 different coaches and 3 different systems Pau Gasol put on amatuer hour.

20 million not enough to pump you up? Winning a championship not enough to pump you up?

You going all the way back to 2010? Lol show me some recent championship Pau form other than a measly month's worth of solid play. Must be an "incentive" in Pau's contract that states he's only required to show up in a few playoff series and after that he doesn't have to do [expletive] anymore.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#192 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,652 posts

Posted April 19, 2013 - 12:13 PM

Comparing 2 of the greatest players of all time to Pau is so unfair.

#193 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,101 posts

Posted April 19, 2013 - 12:35 PM

Not comparing their skills

Pau Gasol is GONE

#194 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,652 posts

Posted April 19, 2013 - 01:31 PM

Not comparing their skills

No one is wired like MJ and Kobe. If you expect that you'll never be happy.

#195 SuperSaiyan5=Kobe24

SuperSaiyan5=Kobe24

Rookie

• 43 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Ebanks jk kobe lol

Posted April 19, 2013 - 01:42 PM

You said I couldn't prove he played like [expletive] under PJ...I proved it to you. I know Pau advocates was watching those series...you just see what you wanna see. Goes back to my point of: 3 different coaches and 3 different systems Pau Gasol put on amatuer hour.

20 million not enough to pump you up? Winning a championship not enough to pump you up?

You going all the way back to 2010? Lol show me some recent championship Pau form other than a measly month's worth of solid play. Must be an "incentive" in Pau's contract that states he's only required to show up in a few playoff series and after that he doesn't have to do [expletive] anymore.

If pau took less money would you still be upset with him?

#196 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,101 posts

Posted April 19, 2013 - 01:53 PM

You don't have to be wired like those two to play hard.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#197 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,652 posts

Posted April 19, 2013 - 01:56 PM

You don't have to be wired like those two to play hard.

Pau does play hard. He has bad games, who doesn't. Kobe?

#198 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,377 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 19, 2013 - 02:00 PM

Pau does play hard. He has bad games, who doesn't. Kobe?

Pau has bad "post-seasons"  let's hope he breaks the trend of the last two and that those bad games don't show up when it matters most :)

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#199 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,101 posts

Posted April 19, 2013 - 02:07 PM

Pau has bad series...repeatedly.

Turn a blind eye after one terrible playoff performance but then he does it again; then it carries over into the regular season. In the past, you could overlook his defensive ineptitude because he was so assertive and effective offensively. Now, you only get that offensive prowess sporadically at best; but the biggest thing is his defense became even worse. That's hard to do considering he was a matador and a pushover in the first place. Now he's one of those welcome mats.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#200 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,036 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 19, 2013 - 02:32 PM

Here's how I look at it. Since Kobe's told Pau to [expletive] what D'Antoni says and just stay in the low post, his play has improved quite a bit. However the real test will be to see if he can continue these types of performances in the playoffs and help upset the Spurs. Then I will be more convinced LA should keep him. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users