Posted April 10, 2013 - 02:43 AM

The injures
The fight for the playoffs
The big names
The drama
The expectations
The ownership
The leadership

This season has been so different from any other in laker memory. After the lakers lost shaq, we entered a dark period We knew we were cooked we had Chris mhim as a starting center And we knew not to expect too much and we didn't make the playoffs we knew it would happen. After the dark time it was the ascension into good greatness, the lakers got better and better and then we got pau gasol

Now we're fighting for our lives wasting the best years of Kobe's life trying to make the playoffs

This is a season like none other

#2 underworldmike

underworldmike

Rodmanator

• 1,492 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:Since i was born
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman and Kobe Bryant

Posted April 10, 2013 - 03:35 AM

this season drastically reminds me of the 2004 season. Its sad i felt the same way then to now

Posted Image

#3 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,290 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted April 10, 2013 - 05:02 AM

yes i agree its been a drama season!

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#4 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,745 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 10, 2013 - 05:10 AM

How about the coaching staff?  :smh:

33bkfif.jpg

#5 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,741 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted April 10, 2013 - 08:13 AM

The best years of Kobe's life?

Wasting?

Is Kobe as good as LeBron? Is Kobe bettr than Durant?

Kobe is out of his PEIME, so what did management do?

Surround him with Pau,dwight and Nash, and they all happen to be hurt.

wasting Kobe...Please  stop living in a fantasy world.

This organization has put Kobe in position to win multiple titles, He had a chance at 7 titles or more, he got 5. Thats the end of the  story.

#6 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,073 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted April 10, 2013 - 09:19 AM

But this season is not the worst season Lakers ever had.  I guess you are too young to remember the Sadel Threate era huh right after James Worthy retires?  But I do agree it is none like any other.  How about lets make it a history season by winning a championship? We have 1% chance of winning it all. Lets make that 1% happen

Edited by epicwolf, April 10, 2013 - 09:20 AM.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#7 erfolk

erfolk

Rookie

• 610 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted April 10, 2013 - 09:25 AM

But this season is not the worst season Lakers ever had. I guess you are too young to remember the Sadel Threate era huh right after James Worthy retires? But I do agree it is none like any other. How about lets make it a history season by winning a championship? We have 1% chance of winning it all. Lets make that 1% happen

As far as expectations this is the worst season ever. No one would have ever thought we would be fighting for the eight seed.

#8 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,913 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted April 10, 2013 - 09:36 AM

Swept by the Clips.

Owner dies.

Coaching fiasco.

If we miss the play-offs then this goes down as the worst.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#9 Blax

Blax

Rookie

• 517 posts
  • Name:Blax
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Threatt, Rodman

Posted April 10, 2013 - 11:23 AM

But this season is not the worst season Lakers ever had.  I guess you are too young to remember the Sadel Threate era huh right after James Worthy retires?  But I do agree it is none like any other.  How about lets make it a history season by winning a championship? We have 1% chance of winning it all. Lets make that 1% happen

I remember those seasons, the expectations weren't high but we had a fun team. Sedale, Ceballos, Peeler, Christie, Campbell...damn how time flies. I became a fan when I saw Sedale dropping 40+ on Sir Charles' Phoenix Suns, he was on fire. 

#10 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,770 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 10, 2013 - 11:37 AM

Oh my...some really young fans here...

I can remember MUCH worse seasons...some with as much talent as this team (considering injuries and ages, of course).

This is just another one of those years that the Lakers have every so often...it's part of the badge of honor TRUE Lakers fans wear.

People automatically assume that Lakers fans are "spoiled" because everything seems to go our way...yet they ignore years when NOTHING goes our way...they make generalizations about why we are Lakers Fans...they don't take into account all of the scandals (Magic - HIV, Worthy - Prostitutes, Shaq - everything, Kobe - rape, PJ - life...etc) we deal with every year.

They blissfully sit back and cheer on white-washed teams with little to no drama and Citizenship Awards and think the Lakers are the devil incarnate...

All the while, Lakers Fans have to resist the media brainwashing to HATE every Star that dons the purple and gold armor...we have to pull it together when the Laker Nation is splintering into factions daily over coaching, Front office decisions, Flavor of the Month Players and IDIOTIC PIPE-Dream trade acquisitions of SUPERSTARS that our fans FOOLISHLY believe we can acquire for pennies on the dollar!!!

Being a Lakers fan is NOT easy.  It's almost NEVER Roses and Sunshine...but when it is, it is great!  It makes all of the drama and hate we have to endure worth it.

For those of you who have "never seen a season like this", get back to me in 10 years.  Having been a Lakers fan since Magic was running the SHOW(Time), I can tell you that this is not the first time we've had a season like this...and it will NOT be the last.

Keep the faith, Laker Faithful...the sun can not shine in one place all day...nor will it rain forever...

Edited by GCMD, April 10, 2013 - 11:39 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users