11 replies to this topic

#1 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 09, 2013 - 10:22 PM

Go to the side and you can click through the list. I think it's the first time they did it in-season.

http://espn.go.com/n...r-ratings-26-30

1. Lebron James

2. Kevin Durant

3. Chris Paul

4. Kobe Bryant

5. Russell Westbrook

6. Dwyane Wade

7. Tony Parker

8. James Harden

9. Carmelo Anthony

10. Tim Duncan

11. Dwight Howard

12. Kyrie irving

13. Blake Griffin

14. Marc Gasol

15. Dirk Nowitzki

16. Stephen Curry

17. Deron Williams

18. Chris Bosh

19. Joakim Noah

20. Al Horford

21. John Wall

22. Rajon Rondo

23. Derrick Rose

24. Tyson Chandler

25. LaMarcus Aldridge

26. Brook Lopez

27. Kevin Love

28. Paul George

29. Zach Randolph

30. Paul Pierce

Thoughts? I think they bumped injured players too much. Other than that, it's alright to me from a quick glance.

Posted Image

#2 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,458 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted April 09, 2013 - 10:48 PM

Don't understand Lamarcus Aldridge being rated so low

Posted Image

#3 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,908 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted April 10, 2013 - 12:52 AM

Terrible, as usual.

Kobe is no lower than #3.

Westbrook is not a top 5 player. Not yet. Give me the four guys behind him--Carmelo, Harden, Wade and Parker.

Tim Duncan is too high. He's having a great season, but he's not the best big man in the league at this point in his career, nor is he a top 10 player.

Kyrie is too high. It's his 2nd season, and he is injury prone. Not sure what makes him a top 12 player, outside of his sky-high potential.

Al Horford at 20? Really? Over Rondo, Tyson, Wall, Aldridge, George, Pierce AND Randolph?

ESPN is garbage. Please don't click that link and give them hits. Please.

iyjywo.jpg

#4 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,282 posts

Posted April 10, 2013 - 02:49 AM

Lol @ Melo being #9. Joke?

#5 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,274 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted April 10, 2013 - 02:51 AM

Lamarcus Aldridge should be higher then Blake Griffen, Griffen has gotten worse every year

How is rosé even ranked?
Wade should be lower.
Kyrie Irving at 12 is the biggest surprise
I think Kobe should be over cp3
Melo should be higher, Westbrook lower
Paul pierce should not be higher then KG
John wall should not be on this list

Notice, Kobe has been higher in rank each time a new list is released

#6 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,240 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted April 10, 2013 - 05:21 AM

Kobe should be over CP for a few reasons

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#7 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 9,248 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted April 10, 2013 - 06:12 AM

Don't understand how they put Melo at #9 and Westbrick at #5

#8 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,023 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted April 10, 2013 - 06:34 AM

Melo is way to low, then again melo has always been jousted for his play style and underrated by the media for a few faults of his own, but that guy is the best offensive player in the league.

Also I will take parker over wade and westbrook, he has really been the catalyst for the spurs the last two seasons.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, April 10, 2013 - 06:35 AM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#9 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,273 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted April 10, 2013 - 08:48 AM

There is no way in hell that westbrick and wade are better than melo this year.

#10 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 2,048 posts

Posted April 12, 2013 - 12:38 AM

Kobe should be 3rd, even 2nd

#11 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,925 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted April 12, 2013 - 02:34 AM

This season, and especially over the last month, Kobe has proven he's the second-best player in the NBA.  Hands down.  I love Kevin Durant, but Kobe is doing far too much on the court (not just scoring), and a huge part of me making this decision is based on the defensive attention he still receives.

1) LeBron James

2) Kobe Bryant

3) Kevin Durant

4) Chris Paul

5) Carmelo Anthony

Top five.  Durant scores as well as Melo (over the course of a season), much more efficient, grabs more boards, passes the ball FAR better, and can do a good job of defending when it's time to lock up (Melo still doesn't play defense).  CP3 over Melo is a gimme, for the same reasons I put Kobe #2...better overall player, more skills.

Then, things get tricky, because you start to dive into a mix of all-star players who aren't quite superstar level yet (Harden), superstars who are having a bit of trouble establishing it (Dirk), and guys who could be doing better if they had the biggest role on their team (Wade, Howard).

6) Dwyane Wade

7) Tony Parker

8) Dwight Howard

9) Russell Westbrook

10) James Harden

Honestly, I bury Westbrook more than most for a couple of reasons: one, he plays out of control far too often, despite putting up big numbers, and two, he fails to recognize Durant as the best scorer on the team quite a bit, especially when the Thunder are down late.

I can't place Howard any lower (meaning, 9-30) mainly because his presence on the court, alone, changes how a team has to play you...on both ends of the floor.

Parker is as efficient as Wade, shooting far better from three as well, probably averaging nearly the same amount of points, more assists...but Wade's defense separates him from Tony, and the fact that Wade's numbers would climb if he was handed back the keys to the Heat.  Overall, he offers more than Parker.

After that?

11) Tim Duncan

12) Stephen Curry

13) Deron Williams

14) Kyrie Irving

15) Blake Griffin

Past 15, and you're almost flipping a coin between any given two players within 2-3 ranks of each other.

#12 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,240 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted April 12, 2013 - 04:35 AM

This season, and especially over the last month, Kobe has proven he's the second-best player in the NBA. Hands down. I love Kevin Durant, but Kobe is doing far too much on the court (not just scoring), and a huge part of me making this decision is based on the defensive attention he still receives.

1) LeBron James
2) Kobe Bryant
3) Kevin Durant
4) Chris Paul
5) Carmelo Anthony

Top five. Durant scores as well as Melo (over the course of a season), much more efficient, grabs more boards, passes the ball FAR better, and can do a good job of defending when it's time to lock up (Melo still doesn't play defense). CP3 over Melo is a gimme, for the same reasons I put Kobe #2...better overall player, more skills.

Then, things get tricky, because you start to dive into a mix of all-star players who aren't quite superstar level yet (Harden), superstars who are having a bit of trouble establishing it (Dirk), and guys who could be doing better if they had the biggest role on their team (Wade, Howard).

6) Dwyane Wade
7) Tony Parker
8) Dwight Howard
9) Russell Westbrook
10) James Harden

Honestly, I bury Westbrook more than most for a couple of reasons: one, he plays out of control far too often, despite putting up big numbers, and two, he fails to recognize Durant as the best scorer on the team quite a bit, especially when the Thunder are down late.

I can't place Howard any lower (meaning, 9-30) mainly because his presence on the court, alone, changes how a team has to play you...on both ends of the floor.

Parker is as efficient as Wade, shooting far better from three as well, probably averaging nearly the same amount of points, more assists...but Wade's defense separates him from Tony, and the fact that Wade's numbers would climb if he was handed back the keys to the Heat. Overall, he offers more than Parker.

After that?

11) Tim Duncan
12) Stephen Curry
13) Deron Williams
14) Kyrie Irving
15) Blake Griffin

Past 15, and you're almost flipping a coin between any given two players within 2-3 ranks of each other.

I approve this!

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users