Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#22 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,151 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted April 10, 2013 - 08:17 AM

And 4 years ago Charles Barkley said Kobe's days of scoring 30-40 were over...

Ya'll really think he couldn't maintain a high level into his late 30s hard as he works?

Apparently so. Look at all those stupid post above us. Most lakers fans dont believe Kobe can still play at a high level. I can't blame them.  But this is Kobe Bryant we talking about here.  So many people said Kobe cannot score more than 20 pts in this day and age. People said Kobe cannot dunk anymore.  Have all you guys not watch the games? Kobe's been dunking! Kobe's been beasting.  Just because his teamate suck around him doesnt make him a guy who can't play anymore. This makes me mad seeing all the stupid lakers fans who doesnt believe Kobe can play at a high level.  Cus they face is so up Lebron's ass thats why

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#23 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,151 posts

Posted April 10, 2013 - 08:20 AM

If Tim Dunkan can still be servicable at his age right now and Steve nash can still play looking at last year at his age,  why not Kobe? Those two are not in Kobe's level in terms of preperation and beasting.  Open your eyes!!!

Kobe can still play until he is 40!

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#24 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,157 posts
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted April 10, 2013 - 09:39 AM

If Tim Dunkan can still be servicable at his age right now and Steve nash can still play looking at last year at his age,  why not Kobe? Those two are not in Kobe's level in terms of preperation and beasting.  Open your eyes!!!

Kobe can still play until he is 40!

cuz as Kobe said Im not staying in league if im at 16pts-18pts per gm. He isnt gonna waste his time if his body doesnt allow him to still play at top 8 level. Averaging NAsh #s no way he would do it. Duncan just sits in the post doesnt have to dribble & create majority of load for team. its easier for bigs

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#25 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,781 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 10, 2013 - 09:43 AM

Is the voice in that ad Kate Blanchett?
Sounds like her Elvish style voice in LOTRs

Quite sure it's Emma Thompson...(I'm trying to confirm but I know her voice...she's one of my favorite actresses of all-time...she was a babe when she's was younger)

Most Americans can't discern British accents from Australian or South African...

Edited by GCMD, April 10, 2013 - 10:06 AM.

#26 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,440 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted April 10, 2013 - 10:08 AM

Quite sure it's Emma Thompson...(I'm trying to confirm but I know her voice...she's one of my favorite actresses of all-time...she was a babe when she's was younger)

Most Americans can't discern British accents from Australian or South African...

I know her from Harry Potter and MIB movies. Could be her. GCMD let me know if you confirm. Im curious now.

Edited by LakersGAFan, April 10, 2013 - 10:12 AM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#27 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted April 10, 2013 - 10:13 AM

I have no doubt Kobe could play another five years and at a high level. Question is will he wanna do that?
htCCl0m.png

#28 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,781 posts

Posted April 10, 2013 - 10:14 AM

I know her from Harry Potter and MIB movies. Could be her.

If those are the only movies you've seen her in, you are truly missing out on some great movies...

She is by far one of the best actresses EVER and I can't think of one movie she's had a major part in that I WOULDN'T recommend.

Watch "Much Ado About Nothing" and "The Remains of the Day"...that should get you started...

CATE Blanchett is another great actress but she's from AUSTRALIA, not the UK.

#29 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,151 posts

Posted April 10, 2013 - 10:19 AM

cuz as Kobe said Im not staying in league if im at 16pts-18pts per gm. He isnt gonna waste his time if his body doesnt allow him to still play at top 8 level. Averaging NAsh #s no way he would do it. Duncan just sits in the post doesnt have to dribble & create majority of load for team. its easier for bigs

But how do you nkow he is gonig to be average only 18 pts a game?  Thats what people said 3 years ago for this year and guess what the average for KB is this year?  Keep on doubting him and he will prove people wrong again and again and again.......

The only issue I see is if the Lakers willing to pay him.  Not if he can still play or not. That is not even a question. He can play better than 95% of the players in this league today at his age and I have no doubt at age 38

#30 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,781 posts

Posted April 10, 2013 - 11:11 AM

It's NOT really a matter of what Kobe can generate in revenue.  The Lakers are flush with cash due to the TWC TV Deal.

It's how much he's worth in context of winning AND fielding a team that can contend.

If the price of keeping Kobe is severely handicapping the LAKERS ability to win now and in the future, that price is TOO high, even for him.

Kobe has to take less money if he wants to win another ring...the new CBA simply won't allow the Lakers ANY flexibility without cutting his salary in half (at least).

He should get out in front of this thing...start talking about how he WANTS to help the Lakers be competitive in the open market...how HE has chosen to take less money to make sure they can make moves...how its HIS way of being a leader...

Edited by GCMD, April 10, 2013 - 11:13 AM.

#31 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 880 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 10, 2013 - 11:53 AM

I have no doubt Kobe could go 5 more years. The question is could he accept a lesser role as the years progress? Also will he take less salary to help the team? My guess probably not. If Nash,Kidd and G Hill can still be contributing at their age then Kobe surely could play till 39. However the only motivation for him to play that long is to smash KAJs record and try to win a couple more titles. If this is his focus then then I think he can. He will have to reinvent his game once more and adjust to playing a different role but he could do it if he wants too. Obviously he has previously stated he does not want to hang around till hes not a top player anymore. However he may change his mind you never know. I could see him playing maybe 2 more years depending on if he can win one more ring. It all depends what motivates Kobe to keep playing. We all know he plays to win championships but does Kareems record mean something to him. Guess we will find out in the next few years.

Edited by jax24, April 10, 2013 - 11:56 AM.

#32 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,810 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 10, 2013 - 01:41 PM

He probably would stay that long if he's close enough to the All-Time Scoring record. That would basically guarantee immortality well after his career is over.

I'd say he could definitely average 1750 points a year into his late 30s. That would be around 23-24 points per game which he's more than capable of doing. After 3 years, he'd have the record (assuming he has another 2000+ point season new year) He's got one of the best post-games in the league when he has the chance to play in there, still the best shot-creator in the entire league, and he's aging gracefully (though we've seen many amazing dunks and random athleticism in the last few months). He'll be effective, what he's doing right now is playing like retro Jordan in the final two titles.

We couldn't pay him his current $30M, but I doubt he'd ask for that much so late into his career. Kobe's not stupid, he knows that if he wants to play on a stacked team late into his 30s that he'll have to take a paycut. I have no issue with his current contract, he's earned every last cent and was smart to negotiate it though during the last CBA.

#33 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,157 posts
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted April 10, 2013 - 03:09 PM

But how do you nkow he is gonig to be average only 18 pts a game?  Thats what people said 3 years ago for this year and guess what the average for KB is this year?  Keep on doubting him and he will prove people wrong again and again and again.......

The only issue I see is if the Lakers willing to pay him.  Not if he can still play or not. That is not even a question. He can play better than 95% of the players in this league today at his age and I have no doubt at age 38

Only Kobe haters & media minions prayed he wouldnt be averaging 25,5,5. If you know Kobe 25,5,5 is easy work regardless healthy or injured. I never doubt Kobe unless I know he is in "weird Kobe" mode = overpassing or proving a point by not shooting to media, coaches, fans, & teammates when they start complaining about the # of shots he takes. Still I dont doubt that Kobe but I understand what he is doing & that guy is not 100% plugged into that particular gm.

After 30Mill who knows what he will re-sign for but $18-$22 mill for 2 yrs is my guess. Whether people like it or not Kobe is the Lakers until he retires.

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users