Dwight Howard resign extension

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 WWBD

WWBD

Rookie

• 96 posts

Posted April 08, 2013 - 05:10 PM

What I can't figure out is why they haven't already fired D'Antoni (it's clear they're going to do it in the offseason).  Ok, so maybe you don't want to pick Phil up for the remainder of the season, but at least let Bernie take over.  You're already paying him.

#22 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Parasyte

• 8,508 posts

Posted April 08, 2013 - 05:12 PM

Despite this new luxury tax, the Lakers can afford it. 

Keeping Howard, ridding the D'Antoni brothers, and rounding up a good coaching staff should be the main priorities. 

MMiRi9s.png

#23 erfolk

erfolk

Rookie

• 610 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted April 08, 2013 - 08:31 PM

taking this into consideration:
Most OVER PAID NBA Players:
http://finance.yahoo...-095806608.html
Dirk at 20.7 mill is on that list:
Compare any years stats of D12 to Dirks. Dirk wins all around and Forbes says even though he gives production, hes still over paid.

Honestly I dont believe Dwight is worth what Kobe and Lebron make, He COULD be in the future, but not yet. Not based on anything hes ever done in his career. But some of you EXPERTS that would instantly throw 25 mill at D12 w/o blinking a eye are not even open to a negotiation. lol. Dont start a business, you will go under. Thats whats advantageous of signing the extension now. You get to see where his hearts at and set the tone for his 13-14' earning potential before Mark Cuban does or some Billionaire Russian does,.

How many times are you going to flip flop? First you say its important to sign now you say he isn't with 20 plus million a year because a list says Dirk is overpaid at 20 mill and Dirk is better then Dwight. When Dirk got the contract got the contract he wasn't overpaid but since his game is declining some he is overpaid. You know nothing about basketball if yo say he isn't worth the Max. He is the best all around center in the game

#24 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 08, 2013 - 09:06 PM

taking this into consideration:

Most OVER PAID NBA Players:

http://finance.yahoo...-095806608.html

Dirk at 20.7 mill is on that list:

Compare any years stats of D12 to Dirks. Dirk wins all around and Forbes says even though he gives production, hes still over paid.

Honestly I dont believe Dwight is worth what Kobe and Lebron make, He COULD be in the future, but not yet. Not based on anything hes ever done in his career. But some of you EXPERTS that would instantly throw 25 mill at D12 w/o blinking a eye are not even open to a negotiation. lol. Dont start a business, you will go under. Thats whats advantageous of signing the extension now. You get to see where his hearts at and set the tone for his 13-14' earning potential before Mark Cuban does or some Billionaire Russian does,.

Same advice to you. Dont open a business. You dont do your research properly and you dont take things with an open mind. Those are key traits of a business start up thats going to go awful wrong. 

Laker fan for life.

#25 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,713 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted April 10, 2013 - 03:48 PM

Fire mike d'antoni
Sign Howard
Sign Clark
Get a better pg and sf

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#26 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,144 posts

Posted April 13, 2013 - 12:20 PM

Anyone else worried that an early playoff exit is going to influence Dwight?

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#27 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,159 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 13, 2013 - 12:21 PM

Anyone else worried that an early playoff exit is going to influence Dwight?

No

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#28 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,159 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 13, 2013 - 12:23 PM

Dwight addressed the team before practice. "We’ve all done special things in our career before," he said. "And it’s time to do it again."

Dwight: This team’s got to ride my back even though my back is still healing. I feel I can do all things & take this team to the next level.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#29 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,395 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 13, 2013 - 12:32 PM

I think Kobe's injury increases the chances Dwight resigns with the Lakers. 

With Kobe's playing level unclear, the Lakers can essentially tell Dwight this is his team now, instead of waiting after next season. 

#30 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,431 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 13, 2013 - 01:06 PM

I fully expect Kobe to tell Dwight personally that this is HIS team now. Not just for this season, but for the future. Dwight was looking for a big market that could be HIS team. He will have added pressure to re-sign, because if Dwight leaves, the city would be devastated.

#31 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,471 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted April 13, 2013 - 04:09 PM

If we fire MDA...he will stay forsure

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dwight Howard, resign, extension

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users