Aldridge or Kevin Love would be amazing

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#62 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,776 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 09, 2013 - 02:31 PM

TBH, I don't think we need another superstar at any position.  I think we need to take this chance to get DEPTH and YOUTH along with athleticism and defense.  We don't need a lot of headaches when it comes to how many shots are taken by whom...we need a lot of guys hungry for playing time, playing like they want to win and ready to hustle their butts off for the Lakers.

Love would be good but I think we can accomplish as much with Batum and filler.

If we trade with MINN, Williams, Barea and Pecovic (sp?) fills more spots and makes us stronger as a team...

Gordon Heyward/Paul Millsapp (or any combination of either and appropriate filler)

David Lee + Klay Thompson OR Carl Landry OR Jarret Jack OR Barnes OR Curry (last 2 not likely)

Jeff Green/Brandon Bass

Isaiah Thomas/Jason Thompson

Aaron Brooks/Marcus Thornton

Eric Gordon/Jason Smith

A few other idea (that will probably get criticized...) all include multiple pieces of youth and or athleticism...that's the direction we need to go in...

#63 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 09, 2013 - 04:09 PM

Barea/Shved/Williams would be nice as well, lol.

Shved is a beast!!! but his defense is trash

#64 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,063 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 09, 2013 - 05:29 PM

Shved is a beast!!! but his defense is trash

Mike D'Antoni will love him then

Pau Gasol is GONE

#65 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,618 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted April 09, 2013 - 06:03 PM

Rondo to Lakers, Love to Boston, Pau to Minny, MITCH PLEASE!

#66 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,162 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 09, 2013 - 08:11 PM

As long as the lakers get a pic the process. Portland has 3 and Minny has 4 in this years draft.
Posted Image

#67 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,929 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 09, 2013 - 10:27 PM

kobepauw.jpg

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#68 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,445 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted April 10, 2013 - 05:33 AM

I think that it is interesting that Portland is mentioned. I mean, who on their roster do they have, who could be included in a Pau-deal under the current rules?

Lamarcus Aldrigde? I doubt it. Wesley Matthews? Doesn’t work salary-wise. This basically only leaves us with Nicholas Batum, who actually is overpaid considering his production, and could be the one on the move. One theory would be that they wish to sign Portland native Corey Brewer this off-season. Brewer is doing much of the same things as Batum, could be had at a much lower price and is on a team full of wings (gallo, chandler, Iggy).

Personally I think Batum could be the of player we need - an athletic wing who can shoot 3s and defend some. The problem is that his contract (10M/yr 3yrs) will make it difficult for LA to sign another high-profile player following Kobe’s contract.

#69 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,806 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted April 10, 2013 - 06:27 AM

love and dwight are not a championship duo, at all. both are bigs, bigs need creation. with the new salary cap it'll be love, howard, and decent perimeter players. that's not a recipe for titles

Howard and decent perimeter players is what got the magic to the finals...

Edited by PhillyLaker24, April 10, 2013 - 06:27 AM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#70 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,187 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted April 10, 2013 - 07:06 AM

When Pau posts up he is a very effective player.  He is not and will never be a great defender, he gets rebounds because of his size but isn't a great rebounder.  He is probably the best passing big man, and offensively very gifted.  It is a shame that D'antoni has put him into a position where it is nearly impossible for him to succeed.  Last night, when he played his game, he was very very good, and probably the key to the Lakers victory.

#71 MiguelSanchez

MiguelSanchez

Rookie

• 128 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Mike Penberthy

Posted April 10, 2013 - 08:15 AM

At the very least these last few games will showcase Pau and show other teams that he still has a lot of juice left. A trade with Minnesota for Love and a throw-in or two would be great. Dwight would have plenty of room to play inside, Love and Dwight would dominate the boards. With a couple years of Nash left and maybe a couple of Kobe left the Lakers still have enough playmakers.

I'd still prefer to keep Pau and get a coach who can teach the team how to get the ball into the post efficiently and effectively. Though it seems minor, a big thing that Phil and the triangle brought was that the team could always get the ball into the post when they wanted, unless the post was double teamed in which case the ball would swing around. D'Antoni seems to tell everyone to just move the ball around the perimeter, and when he wants them to post just says "get it into the post". That's not coaching.

#72 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,604 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 10, 2013 - 12:36 PM

It's funny how no one has noticed Gasol and Howard playing well together the last 4 or 5 games.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#73 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,806 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted April 10, 2013 - 01:22 PM

It's funny how no one has noticed Gasol and Howard playing well together the last 4 or 5 games.

Oh I think they noticed, they just dont care lol. The mix bag you get with gasol anymore just leaves us with a bad taste since you cant really count on him to show up every night anymore.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#74 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,445 posts

Posted April 10, 2013 - 07:34 PM

love and dwight are not a championship duo, at all. both are bigs, bigs need creation. with the new salary cap it'll be love, howard, and decent perimeter players. that's not a recipe for titles

Are you kidding. Love is the type of player who can get you 20-15 without having a single play run for him. Howard needs some creation, but his strength is defense.

Wiht Love and Howard (and HIll) we would never lose the rebounding battle. Ever. We would also have a nice in-out frontcourt who can defend the paint, shoot 3s and pass.

#75 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted April 11, 2013 - 12:35 AM

pau is playing great. post him up and he'll be affective. he and dwight can be very effective together.

BUT, i think the lakers O would be just as effectiv if a SF like Batum,Deng,or Derozen(slashing on 3point close-outs) was added to a starting lineup with Clark at the 4.

add that on-top of a HUGE defensive improvement of having one of the 3^ small forwards and Clark at the 4. i still want to trade pau..

im glad hes upping his trade value. and hes not even healthy; he looks slow as hell out there.

Edited by iDreamShake, April 11, 2013 - 12:36 AM.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#76 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,618 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted April 11, 2013 - 08:37 AM

Are you kidding. Love is the type of player who can get you 20-15 without having a single play run for him. Howard needs some creation, but his strength is defense.
Wiht Love and Howard (and HIll) we would never lose the rebounding battle. Ever. We would also have a nice in-out frontcourt who can defend the paint, shoot 3s and pass.

As much as I'm a supporter of Love, I just want to point out that we are already a top 4 rebounding team. If Love can play some outstanding team defense, I'm all for it. If not, package Love to Boston in a deal that brings us Rondo.

#77 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 911 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted April 11, 2013 - 08:42 AM

As much as I'm a supporter of Love, I just want to point out that we are already a top 4 rebounding team. If Love can play some outstanding team defense, I'm all for it. If not, package Love to Boston in a deal that brings us Rondo.

Rondo would instantly make us a championship team with his perimeter defense. However, a problem is Rondo needs to have the ball in his hands, and we saw what that did to our team when Kobe wasn't the one being the playmaker. And in Rondo's case, he can't hit the jumpers like Nash can. 

But maybe his defense is more valuable to us than Nash's offense. 

With Dwight inside and Rondo outside, I envision A LOT of defensive stops.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users