87 replies to this topic

#41 UglyMoe

UglyMoe

Rookie

• 200 posts
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted April 08, 2013 - 04:48 PM

Lets not lose sight of the fact that both Brown and MDA and inferior coaching hires. Uninspired and c level "talent". As for blaming Kobe for making as much as he does, I have one question. Would you take a pay cut at your job if your company said we know you're worth x, but your coworkers want you to make y. ?

I don't understand Jim's obsession with picking up the coaching scraps of other teams. Brown was kicked to curb by Cleveland hoping to convince Lebron to stay and D'Antoni was ridden out of New York on a rail. 

#42 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,361 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 08, 2013 - 04:49 PM

Lets not lose sight of the fact that both Brown and MDA and inferior coaching hires. Uninspired and c level "talent". As for blaming Kobe for making as much as he does, I have one question. Would you take a pay cut at your job if your company said we know you're worth x, but your coworkers want you to make y. ?

Well obviously no, but the "job" Kobe has compared to that of you and me is far different. 

This year Kobe essentially made $339,000 a game.   Next year, $371,000.

What he has made over his career, him taking a pay cut is no where near the same impact as you or me taking a pay cut.  Unless Kobe wants to come out with the "I got my family to feed" reason.  :laughing:

#43 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,750 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted April 08, 2013 - 04:52 PM

I was just saying.  Look, I think the dude should take less money to sign an extension, if he wants to continue to play.  As far as the rest goes, he was offered the deal when the Lakers had no conceivable notion that the league would bandy together to create a trash CBA designed to punish the Lakers.  

#44 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,184 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted April 08, 2013 - 04:54 PM

I was just saying.  Look, I think the dude should take less money to sign an extension, if he wants to continue to play.  As far as the rest goes, he was offered the deal when the Lakers had no conceivable notion that the league would bandy together to create a trash CBA designed to punish the Lakers.  

I don't think the Lakers will offer him a max contract after his current one expires.  He has been a great Laker, maybe the greatest Laker, but at the end of the day, they need to put together a winning franchise, and I don't believe that Kobe is the answer.

#45 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,358 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted April 08, 2013 - 04:56 PM

Playoffs or not, we need a major overhaul. We actually need to get lucky as we did with the Pau trade to us. All I know is if we don't get better and younger at the backup 1, backup 2, starting 3 and 4 we're in trouble. We have no one other than Kobe who puts pressure on any defense. And we badly need young legs on defense. Pau is a center, this power forward crap is ridiculous. and if I see D12 miss another point blank bank shot Im going to puke. I always said D12 wasn't as skilled as Bynum but I didn't know the gap was that wide. D12 is much tougher and way more dominant but unless he's dunking he's pretty Brickish 

#46 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,071 posts

Posted April 08, 2013 - 08:09 PM

Well obviously no, but the "job" Kobe has compared to that of you and me is far different. 

This year Kobe essentially made $339,000 a game.   Next year, $371,000.

What he has made over his career, him taking a pay cut is no where near the same impact as you or me taking a pay cut.  Unless Kobe wants to come out with the "I got my family to feed" reason.  :laughing:

but at the same time kobe doesn't live like you do either. the guy has god knows how many Ferraris, houses, and a helicopter

he has a wife who probably buys a new outfit 3 times a week and new jewelry once a week. so while he makes more money that a lot of people he also spends it like crazy. the traveling and such.   

Posted Image

#47 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,361 posts

Posted April 08, 2013 - 08:12 PM

but at the same time kobe doesn't live like you do either. the guy has god knows how many Ferraris, houses, and a helicopter

he has a wife who probably buys a new outfit 3 times a week and new jewelry once a week. so while he makes more money that a lot of people he also spends it like crazy. the traveling and such.

He has enough money accumulated over his career to live comfortably, despite the way he lives

#48 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,306 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted April 08, 2013 - 08:16 PM

Im on the boat that if LeBron James isn't earning 30 millions a year why should someone else?

I love kobe but his salary hurt us big time, and if we overpay D12 then it's all over again...
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#49 muncher

muncher

Rookie

• 513 posts
  • Name:Simon
  • Fav. Laker:Gary Vitti

Posted April 08, 2013 - 08:33 PM

Is it just me, or do you guys want Nash here as a backup ala Jason Kidd type role. I feel he deserves a good shot at a championship (now that I type that it may not be with the lakers) and he chose us as much as we chose him. Everyone seems to rag on him, but he could be a great mentor / coach player to a young athletic PG ? 

#50 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,361 posts

Posted April 08, 2013 - 08:40 PM

Is it just me, or do you guys want Nash here as a backup ala Jason Kidd type role. I feel he deserves a good shot at a championship (now that I type that it may not be with the lakers) and he chose us as much as we chose him. Everyone seems to rag on him, but he could be a great mentor / coach player to a young athletic PG ?

I think moving forward that would be the best role for him.

He's not a bad player by any means, but he can't play big minutes anymore and it would save his body. Nash is going to have that Derek Fisher role but better IMO

#51 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,067 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 08, 2013 - 09:00 PM

^he honestly could do that right now.

If we wanted to go with a startiing lineup that works when Gasol and Howard have to share the lineup we could start Blake and use Nash's scoring off the bench.

But I'm sure that won't happen.

Nash Gaol Howard doesn't work cause of the defensive liabilities ofn Gasol and Nash causes switching thast puts us out of position and allows too many open jumpers and lanes.

Nash Dwight Clark works.

Blake Gasol Howard works.

Nash Gasol works IF Clark is 3 or Metta is 4.

Stuff like that.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#52 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,361 posts

Posted April 08, 2013 - 09:29 PM

Won't happen this year because no way does D'Antoni move his boy to the bench.

#53 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,342 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 09, 2013 - 04:19 AM

They aren't going to get rid of Kobe....and they are forsure going to try to resign DH. Everyone else though.....goodluck.

If keeping Kobe means paying 50 million in luxury tax and not being able to keep Dwight, i'd say it's a possibility to use the amnesty.

#54 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,418 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted April 09, 2013 - 06:31 AM

If keeping Kobe means paying 50 million in luxury tax and not being able to keep Dwight, i'd say it's a possibility to use the amnesty.

0 possibility.

#55 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,124 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted April 09, 2013 - 06:40 AM

When i hear "all bets are off". I take into account that means "everyone" even Kobe.

I guess you are new to Lakers

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#56 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,124 posts
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted April 09, 2013 - 06:41 AM

*cough* 30 mil*

I don't care who you are or how many butts you put in the seats...you can only put so many butts in them seats. Unless you putting up twice as better numbers than LeBron James, there is no reason to pay someone 30 mil. a season. Because that's basically what Kobe's contract is saying...its like having two Lebron's on one team...

Called $ on the back end! He has brought Lakers & the City of LA 10X that amount he will be making. he earned it & continues to still do. Get off his dik

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#57 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,184 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted April 09, 2013 - 06:42 AM

At the end of next season, the Lakers likely will have the decision of paying Kobe max money, because he almost certainly won't take less, or letting him go in free agency.  They would be smart to let him go. 

#58 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,913 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted April 09, 2013 - 06:49 AM

It's not about how much Kobe makes for the franchise. It's bout how his salary fits into the cap.

He does, however, deserve what he is making and will deserve it next year. The rules changed AFTER he signed that contract.

After next year, it all gets re-evaluated. In fact, it will be re-evaluated this off-season, and we will know a lot more after Kobe announces whether or not he plans to retire in 2014.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#59 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,068 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted April 09, 2013 - 06:57 AM

I cannot believe I am hearing this. Lakers fans want to get rid of Kobe Bryant?  They want to amnesty Kobe Bryant?  What is this franchise coming to when Kobe Bryant, the ONLY LAKERS who play his heart out for the franchise and the city get the boot from fans.  You guys will be sorry after Kobe leaves.

YOU GUYS MAKE ME SICK!!!

Edited by epicwolf, April 09, 2013 - 06:58 AM.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#60 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,361 posts

Posted April 09, 2013 - 07:10 AM

I cannot believe I am hearing this. Lakers fans want to get rid of Kobe Bryant? They want to amnesty Kobe Bryant? What is this franchise coming to when Kobe Bryant, the ONLY LAKERS who play his heart out for the franchise and the city get the boot from fans. You guys will be sorry after Kobe leaves.

YOU GUYS MAKE ME SICK!!!

I think only one person mentioned amnesty and they simply said it was a possibility.

Slow your roll.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users