#41 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,553 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted April 08, 2013 - 10:23 PM

FIDO!  I just noticed you live i Costa Mesa CA!

I do as well.  What particular location in CM???

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#42 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 2,018 posts

Posted April 08, 2013 - 10:25 PM

Why do you keep saying the word "coaching" which is not in our dictionary, yet.

#43 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,883 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 08, 2013 - 11:15 PM

Sent you a private message lakers101.

#44 ALL CAPS

ALL CAPS

Rookie

• 129 posts
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted April 09, 2013 - 01:52 AM

I miss Sessions.

Nash is an offensive player, but his defensive woes outweighs his usefulness on the offensive end.

He's always welcoming opposing players to their hoops. It's just so hard to ignore

well the lakers are playing ice now on defense when guarding the pick and roll, so in a way it would fix that problem, all nash needs to do is not allow the ball handler to go towards the screen which hes more then capable of doing

#45 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 09, 2013 - 07:30 AM

On the surface it looks like the league is changing. I can see why some people may see it that way at a glance. But if you look deeper, speedy point guards and a run and gun offense still don't win you the whole thing.

Rebounds and defense to this day, like it or not. may not get highlights, but it wins - constantly.

People want to say the league is changing but fundamentals are fundamentals they never change. They can alter all the rules they want, but the basics never change.

I still believe rebounding and defense are two keys to success.

The exception are the Heat who don't rebound the ball well, but they are great defensively.

The league has changed in the sense that its not a big man driven league anymore but I think it's a great advantage to have two post players.

IF the Lakers can keep their size in the paint, while getting more athletic on offense and defense, they are back in contention.

The last three years, this team has been plagued by transition defense, I don't even think I can count how many games were lost because a team out ran us.

#46 Ronald Artest

Ronald Artest

Rookie

• 35 posts

Posted April 09, 2013 - 01:44 PM

Sessions was fast and shot 48.6% from long range. Shame we didn't keep him.

#47 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,867 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 09, 2013 - 03:23 PM

Andre Miller....LOL

#48 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 09, 2013 - 04:07 PM

On the surface it looks like the league is changing.  I can see why some people may see it that way at a glance.  But if you look deeper, speedy point guards and a run and gun offense still don't win you the whole thing.

Rebounds and defense to this day, like it or not.  may not get highlights, but it wins - constantly.

People want to say the league is changing but fundamentals are fundamentals they never change.  They can alter all the rules they want, but the basics never change.

We need an Athletic wing defender either it be a PG or a SG and if he can create for other or even be a play maker that would be golden for us

there's only one player that has a similar unathletic game and that would be Ricky Rubio... 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users