47 replies to this topic

#21 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,050 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted April 08, 2013 - 01:07 PM

Who is Will Bynum?   I wouldn't want the lakers to touch anything that has the name Bynum on it.

We all want great fast PG but having a fast guard doesn't make you any good. Remember a guy name Sessions? look at how he turn out.  Sure we need a younger and more athletic PG who can guard better but many don't realized how hard it is to pick up that kind of player. Some fans here think all the Lakers need to do is put a "Now Hiring" sign outside of their El Segundo practice facilities that a pg will just show up off the streets of LA.  I think we have a lot more issues than just PG.  The last game we got out rebounded by a smaller team.  Why? How?  We need a guy who can rebound. That to me is the most important thing. A speedy PG is the last of my concern.  Last I check a fast PG don't win championships.  Asked Mario Charmers and Derick Fisher and Ron Harper

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#22 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 08, 2013 - 01:21 PM

Who is Will Bynum?   I wouldn't want the lakers to touch anything that has the name Bynum on it.

We all want great fast PG but having a fast guard doesn't make you any good. Remember a guy name Sessions? look at how he turn out.  Sure we need a younger and more athletic PG who can guard better but many don't realized how hard it is to pick up that kind of player. Some fans here think all the Lakers need to do is put a "Now Hiring" sign outside of their El Segundo practice facilities that a pg will just show up off the streets of LA.  I think we have a lot more issues than just PG.  The last game we got out rebounded by a smaller team.  Why? How?  We need a guy who can rebound. That to me is the most important thing. A speedy PG is the last of my concern.  Last I check a fast PG don't win championships.  Asked Mario Charmers and Derick Fisher and Ron Harper

NO we don't need any more BIGs if you payed any attention to the game yesterday they beat us from the Outside last night

#23 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,320 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted April 08, 2013 - 01:41 PM

NO we don't need any more BIGs if you payed any attention to the game yesterday they beat us from the Outside last night

really? I suppose the 16 offensive rebounds that the Clips converted 9 of into points meant nothing.

• 40,376 posts

Posted April 08, 2013 - 01:45 PM

It's always amazing how many teams around the league have some, even scrub teams and as backups as well. Aaron Brooks for instance can't even get playing time in Houston when if he'd be here, you know damn well he could help us.

yo.

#25 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted April 08, 2013 - 01:58 PM

really? I suppose the 16 offensive rebounds that the Clips converted 9 of into points meant nothing.

We let their Guards Penetrate Dwight came to help and nobody fought for rebounds... that's a lack of team Effort!! that's doesn't warrant us to get more big men we need better perimeter defenders to cut down on the dribble penetration 

#26 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,703 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted April 08, 2013 - 02:39 PM

It seems at any given time Dwight is on the court with at least 2 below average defenders.  Hard for him to be 3 places at once.

#27 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,829 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 08, 2013 - 02:41 PM

Let him go?

You guys are insane.  Every player that leaves the Lakers almost everyone wants back.  You forget the amazing amount of deficiencies these players had and why they aren't here any more.

So tired of seeing everyone think every player the Lakers let go was some superstar in the making.

And the Lakers have no money to spend on guys like Aaron Brooks.  I think everyone fails to realize the salary situation the Lakers are in as well.  Always amazed by the complete disconnect between the actual financials of running a team and acquiring players and the general public.

All this information is online, educate yourself before you go crying and whining about situations and players that (for the most part) have no chance of happening in the real world.

#28 alec613

alec613

Off The Bench

• 1,439 posts
  • Fan Since:Can't remember
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted April 08, 2013 - 02:51 PM

Man, can't wait till it's the 2014-2015 season already

TEAM TANK

TEAMtANK.png

#29 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,462 posts

Posted April 08, 2013 - 03:13 PM

Sessions and Barnes..but Mike Brown made em slow down. and now we got rid of em and got DAntoni, an offense those 2 would do well on. lol...

Edited by Lakersfan1211, April 08, 2013 - 03:14 PM.

#30 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted April 08, 2013 - 03:18 PM

How many fast point guards play defense other than rondo and Lowry?

And don't come in here with Westbrook and rose because those guys are essentially staying with their franchises possibly until they retire

Edited by last stand 2.0, April 08, 2013 - 03:19 PM.

Posted Image

#31 fido

fido

• 10,829 posts

Posted April 08, 2013 - 03:20 PM

And Rondo is not a great defender.

That's my point, basing your entire team on a speedy point guard is silly.  They can't even guard each other.  Yeah its fun to see and it wins you some games in the regular season, but in the grand scheme of things its not a vital component to a championship team whatsoever.

#32 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,414 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted April 08, 2013 - 03:22 PM

We let their Guards Penetrate Dwight came to help and nobody fought for rebounds... that's a lack of team Effort!! that's doesn't warrant us to get more big men we need better perimeter defenders to cut down on the dribble penetration 

This

#33 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted April 08, 2013 - 03:57 PM

Sessions and Barnes..but Mike Brown made em slow down. and now we got rid of em and got DAntoni, an offense those 2 would do well on. lol...

LMAO it's hilarious that the offense we ran Last year with Pau coming off the bench with this roster would have been perfect and the offense we have this year would have been better with the roster we had last year

#34 citr92

citr92

Rookie

• 447 posts
  • Name:Cody
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted April 08, 2013 - 04:21 PM

I've hoped nash would be playing a mentor role...but there's no one to mentor that can or has potential to contribute, at least right now

#35 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted April 08, 2013 - 04:32 PM

And Rondo is not a great defender.

That's my point, basing your entire team on a speedy point guard is silly.  They can't even guard each other.  Yeah its fun to see and it wins you some games in the regular season, but in the grand scheme of things its not a vital component to a championship team whatsoever.

The League is changing Fido

#36 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,737 posts

Posted April 08, 2013 - 09:10 PM

Ramon Sessions 12'-13'

61 Games

27.1 mins

14.4 pts

3.8 asts

2.8 reb

.408 FG%

His scoring is up about 2 ppg from when he was a Laker. But his apg with us was 6.2. Thats down for obvious reasons.

And for the same reasons his FG % with us was .479 so that dropped for obvious reasons.

But Blake has been doing a great job the last 20 games. So no issue there. Sessions wanted to start and then when Nash came here that wasnt gonna be a option in efforts to utilize KB's time left and pair the MVP duo in the back court.

But as for the future Sessions is 26. Nash is 39. 

Well it brings up what if blake was our backup 2 while sessions our back up 1 ?

But again having a fast pg would be pointless in our case ..

What you actually want is a balanced pg who can knock down shots and set up others, but other than chris paul you can only find one is in 2k

#37 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,921 posts

Posted April 08, 2013 - 09:15 PM

We need a PG who can hit 3s and doesn't turn the ball over...thats been Nash's problem he turns it over too much and he's getting destroyed when handling the ball, creating live ball turnovers with risky passes or bounce passes to Dwight in traffic (hello it doesnt work for Dwight!), which turns to transition opportunities for other team. We can live with his poor defense, we've won before with bad defense from PGs. His ball handling has super been iffy, he has had loads of trouble bringing the ball up the court and set the offense running, quicker/faster PG's have pushed him around in that area...the team is up working against the clock by the time he's able to bring the ball up the court and get rid of it

Edited by MDI, April 08, 2013 - 09:23 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#38 fido

fido

• 10,829 posts

Posted April 08, 2013 - 10:01 PM

On the surface it looks like the league is changing.  I can see why some people may see it that way at a glance.  But if you look deeper, speedy point guards and a run and gun offense still don't win you the whole thing.

Rebounds and defense to this day, like it or not.  may not get highlights, but it wins - constantly.

People want to say the league is changing but fundamentals are fundamentals they never change.  They can alter all the rules they want, but the basics never change.

#39 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,027 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted April 08, 2013 - 10:08 PM

Nash is fine, he just needs to play off the ball more and be more of a scoring threat. Remember, the Mavs in 2011 had an old Jason Kidd as their starting PG and were just fine. the Lakers have a good defensive anchor in Howard as well, so I don't think he's really the problem.

#40 fido

fido

• 10,829 posts

Posted April 08, 2013 - 10:13 PM

You know what the problem is?

Coaching, coaching, coaching.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users