#41 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,910 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 08, 2013 - 02:57 PM

With the Lakers' track record in Portland, despite the state of either team, it's saying they're gonna win there this time that's a far more bold statement.

I'm actually playing the odds by saying they won't win there.

#42 Obsidien

Obsidien

Rookie

• 178 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Fan Since:Late 80's
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Chick & Kobe 2nd

Posted April 08, 2013 - 03:20 PM

Agree Fido, statistically you're correct.  Hopefully you're wrong though.

This will teach the league to basketball reason Lakers

#43 steven v

steven v

Off The Bench

• 1,880 posts
  • Name:steven
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:The L.A. LAKERS

Posted April 08, 2013 - 04:21 PM

the team way too many wide open shots yesterday. 

Just a bad game overall on offense. 

The Lakers FO knows more than you. Sorry.

#44 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted April 08, 2013 - 04:23 PM

I understand their frustration. But come on Antawn, you're probably in the bottom three defender in our team. You can't preach defense unless you improve yourself first

#45 Lords of the Rings

Lords of the Rings

Get Cho Basketball On

• 3,761 posts
  • Fan Since:1981

Posted April 08, 2013 - 04:57 PM

This article is pretty ignorant when I read this:

As the article is talking about Howard needing teammates to step up, and Jamison is over there running his big-ass mouth, Gasol gets blamed for grabbing 13 boards, while Howard had just FOUR and Jamison ONE.

Kobe Bryant was the ONLY player that played this game the entire time he was on the court as if it was an elimination game.  He gave us 25/7/10, not so great shooting (but 14 free throws and a lot of missed foul calls), and never gave up, even when the game was basically done.

He's the only one that should be allowed to speak.  He's the only one that tried to score when we needed it, tried to play defense the entire game, and one of just three players (Gasol and Blake the other two) that crashed the board all night.

This team is disgusting, and not a team at all...and I feel bad for the man that has to look at his teammates, these quitters, these spectators, in that locker room.

What's really disturbing? Howard has 2 offensive rebounds over the last 2 games and none of those resulted in put backs

No one wants to talk about this aspect of Howard's game this year...... crash the offensive boards and its another way to prevent the other team from running.

D. Jordan, and before M. Gasol and Z totally punked him on the glass especially the offensive glass.

I watched at least 3 times when Howard was out of bounds the whole time Gasol had the ball. He would then start to slide back in the lane during the shot....... M. Gasol, Z, and Jordan yesterday wouldn't let him back on the court.......which also left him out of getting back on defense.

Physical and Athletic Centers that can jump have handled Howard this year...... yes he gets a lot of rebounds...the ones that are right to him Or against a much smaller front line.

Yeah Yeah Yeah I know he's recovering....but rebounding is about being tough, nasty, and getting position.

During the early part of the 1st Q texted a friend and told him to call me the next time Howard got a OFFENSIVE REBOUND.....

I didn't hear from him again...........

The Jerseys Hanging from the Rafters represent LAKER GREATS who are also NBA GREATS

LAKERS NO FAKERS

#46 Lords of the Rings

Lords of the Rings

Get Cho Basketball On

• 3,761 posts

Posted April 08, 2013 - 05:02 PM

Jamison no matter how pissed off he gets he won't instantly become a better defender.

Second chance points hurt us today like they have in every Clippers game this year.

I'm not gonna talk about Dwights 4 rebounds because he was at the rim changing shots. I won't talk about how Blake and Kobe and Pau outrebounded him.

All and all we allowed too many offensive rebounds after stopping them the first time.

Gonna have to bring the effort against the Hornets, they've been on the "verge" of upsetting us every game we've played them this year, so let's not let ot happen.

I Understand Jamison's anger but... If that's the case, show more effort on rebounds and don't be invisible on defense, simple as that.

You can't coach effort.

And as a player shouldn't run off your mouth about playing hard and playing defense if Blake outrebounds you and opposing teams lick their chops whenever you step on the court(Jamison)

Article is ignorant.

But at the same time Jamison whom says the blame should be all, all I have to say is... Some more than others.

Ya'll have gotten more rest than Kobe and he still played with more energy and urgency than half the team.

Kobe played hard, gAsol played hard, clark and blake played hard, dwight playee offensively hard and for blocks but sucked on boards.

Only Kobe should be speaking right now.

If I say the four biggest "efforts" throwing stat sheets out, came from Kobe, Blake, Gasol and Clark today.. It would be crazy.

These are the times you miss the physicality and effort of a Ron Artest.

You should talk about Howad's 4 rebounds

Him going after blocks look good but what it really does is take him out of position most times

I'd take 5 offensive put backs over 5 blocks any day

The Jerseys Hanging from the Rafters represent LAKER GREATS who are also NBA GREATS

LAKERS NO FAKERS

#47 LakersCeb

LakersCeb

Rookie

• 102 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 08, 2013 - 05:05 PM

Sorry but what i saw was, Gasol helping the clippers comeback and took the lead. And from there, they(clips) never look back. I was referring to Gasol's turnovers, can't catch the ball on offense and  can't even finish in the rim strong. If you disagree. kindly look back at the first half. 

#48 Lords of the Rings

Lords of the Rings

Get Cho Basketball On

• 3,761 posts

Posted April 08, 2013 - 05:11 PM

I honestly watched the game and it looked like A0 The Lakers were tight

B) the Lakers looked tired.

They were not as quick to the ball.

Not the same reaction time.

i can't say that Blake or Meeks or Dwight Howard or AnTawn jamison has no Heart. I can't say that Earl Clark has no Heart.

If you mean that they didn't bring the EMOTION that the Clippers brought, i think that's true.

My one true fear before the game was the Clippers had the same type of feelings about us that OKC has.

The Clippers use us to validate themselves, and The Heat were like that for years.

I thought Kobe used game against the Spurs that way for years, so now LeBron and Chris Paul and Westbrook use games against us in that manner.

It is what it is.

They were tired....MD runs a 7 man offensive rotation vs a 10-11 man rotation every night

Tired legs will cause turnovers also. Instead of taking another dribble towards you man....instead of taking another step towards the guy you want to pass it to....ya toss it. The other teams know this and jump the lanes.

LAKERS NO FAKERS

#49 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,908 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted April 08, 2013 - 06:01 PM

Pretty funny....Lord of the Rings only post when Dwight has a bad game (if you can call it that). 

"No Justice. No Peace. Jail the Racist Police!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users