Knicks Vs. Thunder (Lakers related)

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,435 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted April 07, 2013 - 11:23 AM

YES PEOPLE! OKC is very vulnerable in the paint. In a 7 game series they have a definite problem there.

Tyson Chandler has owned OKC in the middle. It may not show in the box score but he did soooo many things to help NY that OKC had no answer for. If OKC cant handle Chandler down low, theyre gonna have theyre hands full with D12. We need D12 to watch this game tape if we pull OKC in round 1.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#2 24allday

24allday

Rookie

• 1,391 posts
  • Name:Gavin
  • Fan Since:3rd grade - first started watching and loved Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, #STAYSWAG

Posted April 07, 2013 - 11:26 AM

If we can hold Westbrook somewhat I think we have a fair shot. He usually tears us up tho

#3 Twenty_Four

Twenty_Four

Rookie

• 246 posts
  • Fav. Laker:black mamba

Posted April 07, 2013 - 11:28 AM

howard will have a hard time staying out of foul trouble since durant and westbrook like to drive to the paint

Posted Image

#4 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,435 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted April 07, 2013 - 11:29 AM

Chandler with 9 offensive boards, 6 for conversions. Let Westbrook and Durant do theyre thing. D them up man to man as much as possible, and they will probably go for 40 each. Shut everyone else down. D12 dominate the glass. Lakers win series.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#5 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,694 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted April 07, 2013 - 11:35 AM

The Knicks had some very impressive ball movement. If we can move the ball like that, we have a nice shot in a series.

#6 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,209 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted April 07, 2013 - 11:35 AM

I'm gonna call it right now. I think the spurs will win the 1st seed and will lose to the lakers in the first round

#7 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,131 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 07, 2013 - 12:06 PM

Good post :)

Just understand that if we lose to the Clippers you'll have a lot of panicers coming to this thread trying to belittle you. Don't mind them at all.

Keep the faith and good post. Both Miami and OKC are weak on rebounding and in the paint. It will be exploited one way or another in playoff atmosphere.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#8 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,772 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted April 07, 2013 - 01:09 PM

I wouldn't call myself a panicker. But this game should indicate the lakers have no realistic chance of beating anyone. They'd probably lose to the Washington generals.

• 40,400 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 01:13 PM

howard will have a hard time staying out of foul trouble since durant and westbrook like to drive to the paint

Yup & also considering just how many touch & cheap fouls we know they call on Dwight usually, won't help either.

yo.

#10 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,131 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 01:20 PM

I wouldn't call myself a panicker. But this game should indicate the lakers have no realistic chance of beating anyone. They'd probably lose to the Washington generals.

And beating Memphis, Indiana without Kobe, and OKC show we can be successful.

Go home :)

OKC is a different matchup and saying we couldn't beat the generals makes you a panicer.

Win 3 in a row, we have a chance, lose one, we lose to the generals. :)

#11 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

• 1,772 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 01:29 PM

Haha. I'm not going home, but thanks for encouraging me. I think the team isn't going to do anything in the playoffs. This team reminds me when I used to watch them at the forum in the late 90s. Until there is a coaching change, del Harris here we are.

Edited by MWPandMDAtrashforever, April 07, 2013 - 01:30 PM.

#12 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,131 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 01:38 PM

^ if you think so.

Those teams never had a problem in effort.

This team has the opposite problem.they have the players and potential, but too many variables are inconsistent(Meeks,Pau and Jamison) the thing is we depend on these variables to be big difference makers. So the difference it makes depending if they have an on or off game, especially in the occasion Kobe has an off game.

Depending on Jamison, Meeks, Gasol who are our three most inconsistent Lakers. We'll go as they go, usually one of the three has to have a good game for us to win or have a chance. If all three suck on that particular day, we lose.

We need more "consistent" players and less hot/cold players.

For example: Meeks and Jamison both on, we blow out the Nuggets with ease and make them look fringe.

Meeks and Jamison suck: game like today.

Too many variables on this team are inconsistent types. If they can be consistent for 4 games in the playoffs we win. But the switch goes on and off.

And we don't have other players in their absense to switch in unless they have to play 40+ mins a night.

Example: Kobe, because of Meeks inconsistency.

Example(while Nash is injured): Blake, because Morris and Duhon aren't dependable.

While Pau was injured: Clark (Because Jordan Hill is injured)

See the pattern?

Edited by Majesty, April 07, 2013 - 01:41 PM.

#13 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

• 1,772 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 01:46 PM

I agree with you. I just think that when too many variables are introduced into an equation, the outcome is traditionally negative. MDA is not a good coach, so his influence upon the situation is going to further increase the probability of a negative outcome. I applaud you for your optimism, but I am not as hopeful.

I agree that team in the 90s had more effort, but lets not forget Cedric waterskiing and gambling in Arizona when the team sucked.

#14 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,131 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 01:46 PM

I don't really care if the Clippers beat us, I care about making the playoffs and our first round matchup.

April 9th is more important in terms of games than today.

Jazz vs OKC and us vs Hornets.

IF we blow it that day, then I'll worry.

But right now? Not in the slightest.

Am hoping we can keep Nash rested through the 9th too.

Edited by Majesty, April 07, 2013 - 01:49 PM.

#15 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,131 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 01:58 PM

All and all though, Kobe had a pretty terrible game today.

However I liked what I saw "offensively" from everyone else(except Meeks)

Howard going 7-11 from the line, Gasol pulling down 13 rebounds and having 7 assists.

Blake didn't have a good game, you miss Nash's "offense" in that instance,

But as I said, I liked what I saw from Gasol, Howard and Clark today.

We should beat the Hornets on the 9th if they can keep up that level. And since that's the night the Jazz play OKC that's the night we'll need it most.

I just really hate that they keep outrebounding us. Tonight 45-32, including 15-8 on offensive boards.

I think Dwight always has bad rebounding performances against them, 8 last time, 4 today. But that probably has a lot to do with him helping on penetration. Leat Pau pulled down 13, Kobe had 7, Blake had 6. Dwight had 4. But I'm not gonna take away from a night he hit a lot of free throws and he had 4 blocks.

Edited by Majesty, April 07, 2013 - 02:07 PM.

#16 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Parasyte

• 8,507 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 02:06 PM

Hell, Ibaka has been slowly increasing his range.

It'll be tough.

MMiRi9s.png

#17 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,131 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 02:07 PM

I just really hate that they keep outrebounding us. Tonight 45-32, including 15-8 on offensive boards.

I think Dwight always has bad rebounding performances against them, 8 last time, 4 today. But that probably has a lot to do with him helping on penetration. Leat Pau pulled down 13, Kobe had 7, Blake had 6. Dwight had 4. But I'm not gonna take away from a night he hit a lot of free throws and he had 4 blocks.

#18 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,341 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 02:18 PM

You have to make the playoffs first.

#19 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,773 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 02:43 PM

Another thread could be still in the first page instead of a thread that might not be relevant. Not saying you didnt mention a point which i had some relief when watching the Knicks game.. Their game changed since Harden. Which would be favorable for the Lakers IF they make the playoffs and a relief to Miami in the finals ..

#20 24allday

24allday

Rookie

• 1,391 posts
  • Name:Gavin
  • Fan Since:3rd grade - first started watching and loved Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, #STAYSWAG

Posted April 07, 2013 - 03:39 PM

All and all though, Kobe had a pretty terrible game today.

However I liked what I saw "offensively" from everyone else(except Meeks)

Howard going 7-11 from the line, Gasol pulling down 13 rebounds and having 7 assists.

Blake didn't have a good game, you miss Nash's "offense" in that instance,

But as I said, I liked what I saw from Gasol, Howard and Clark today.

We should beat the Hornets on the 9th if they can keep up that level. And since that's the night the Jazz play OKC that's the night we'll need it most.

Howard had 4 rebounds. Idk how you can like what you saw from anyone but Kobe and maybe Clark at times. Our team has a complete moron as coach and we live and die by the 3 when we have Dwight Howard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users