Photo

Sixers Undecided About Andrew Bynum's Future

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

• 40,385 posts

Posted April 05, 2013 - 11:01 PM

http://www.slamonlin...n-andrew-bynum/

Sixers president Rod Thorn addressed the murky future of center Andrew Bynum, whose “bizarre” injuries put an end to his season prior to it ever really starting.

Thorn says the team has yet to make a decision regarding Bynum’s impending free agency.

Per the Delaware County Daily Times‘ Q&A:

“With two home games left, do you feel the Sixers should have achieved more this year? ‘With the (Andrew) Bynum situation, we gave up some terrific assets in order to get Andrew. And Andrew hasn’t been able to play. So I think we played about as well as we could play otherwise. I think we have done some good things. We had a bad stretch in the year. Obviously, we are finishing up here on a pretty high note. But we rolled the dice to so speak with Bynum. I think if we had Bynum, we’d be a really good team. And with him not being able to play, it’s been a tough thing for us.’

andrew_bynum_costume_3.jpg

Do you have a timetable on deciding whether to bring Bynum back? ‘I don’t. He doesn’t become a free agent until the end of June, the first of July.’

Will that be your decision to make the offer? ‘That decision? He is a free agent, he can go anywhere he wants to. It’s not just what we want to do, it’s what he wants to do, too.’

Will the Sixers make an offer? ‘We’ll have to see what transpires.’

Will that be your decision or ownership’s? ‘Ownership obviously will have a part in it. The basketball people will make recommendations and ownership will … and doctors will play a big part in that.’

So the Sixers will need some medical reports before deciding? ‘Oh, for sure. Oh, yeah. You try to do your due diligence.

FULL ARTICLE inside link.

yo.

#2 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 05, 2013 - 11:05 PM

Philly would be stupid to pay him big. They will see.

#3 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,029 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 05, 2013 - 11:24 PM

If I were Philly I would tip my hat to the Lakers for making a smart deal and then run away from Bynum as fast as I could. 

#4 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is Bad For Chemistry

• 6,870 posts
  • Name:Walter Black
  • Fan Since:Breaking Bad
  • Fav. Laker:I am the danger

Posted April 06, 2013 - 04:46 AM

Andrew Bynum already signed an Extension on his Handicapped Parking

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#5 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,509 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted April 06, 2013 - 08:11 AM

I hope the Sixers throw him a nice contract so an elite team doesn't go into tax to get him.

You never know...

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#6 stillshining

stillshining

Rookie

• 281 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted April 06, 2013 - 08:49 AM

Anything but a one year deal is as stupid as it gets, let him prove he can stay a season before throwing your money away

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users