#21 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,418 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted April 06, 2013 - 08:02 AM

I don't care about a regular season game against the Raptors though. When was the last time Kobe won a playoff game on the road when facing elimination and put up a performance close to LeBron's against the Celtics? Game 7 against the Kings in 02 is the last road elimination game I can recall him winning tbh but my memory isn't that great.

Against the Thunder last year but his team couldn't step up.

When was the last time Kobe put up 8 points in a finals game....?

Please....Lebron is nowhere near Kobe's level when talking about clutch. Theres a reason why people used to call him LeChoke.

#22 Lkr

Lkr

Rookie

• 165 posts

Posted April 06, 2013 - 02:41 PM

Against the Thunder last year but his team couldn't step up.

When was the last time Kobe put up 8 points in a finals game....?

Please....Lebron is nowhere near Kobe's level when talking about clutch. Theres a reason why people used to call him LeChoke.

Watch some video of Kobe in the playoffs before 2000.  Kobe used to have trouble too.  Jordan was known as a guy that couldn't get it done and as a guy that couldn't be a team player until he finally won a title.  Hell, it took Jordan longer than it took LeBron and Kobe to make the finals. 

#23 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,745 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 06, 2013 - 03:24 PM

nobody in this league works hard than kobe bryant

33bkfif.jpg

#24 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,686 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted April 07, 2013 - 07:43 AM

I don't care about a regular season game against the Raptors though. When was the last time Kobe won a playoff game on the road when facing elimination and put up a performance close to LeBron's against the Celtics? Game 7 against the Kings in 02 is the last road elimination game I can recall him winning tbh but my memory isn't that great.

Game 5 of the western finals 2008.
Game 6 of the western finals 2009
Game 6 of the western finals 2010.

Thanks. Have a nice day.

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#25 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,418 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 10:30 AM

Watch some video of Kobe in the playoffs before 2000.  Kobe used to have trouble too.  Jordan was known as a guy that couldn't get it done and as a guy that couldn't be a team player until he finally won a title.  Hell, it took Jordan longer than it took LeBron and Kobe to make the finals. 

Before 2000? lol and.....that was his first couple years. Watch videos of him 2000- 2013. He's been killing the league. Kobe was a killer since he came into the league. 

Why are talking Jordan and him being a team player? That really has nothing to do with being clutch. Might of took Jordan longer to get to the finals but he didn't lose one appearance and won 6. Jordan and Kobe are both very clutch. Lebron....not so much.

#26 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,772 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted April 07, 2013 - 10:42 AM

Thanks. Have a nice day.

Exactly.

If you dont remember that series he had against the suns a few years back, please get off these boards he was possessed that series with those shots he hit in the clutch.

I find it halirious when kobe hits the shot in front of gentry and as the opposing teams coach all he can basically say is "Oh My God" ahahaha

To call lebron the most clutch player in the game today is just plain wrong. He had the worst two final series performances by a superstar mvp ever.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, April 07, 2013 - 10:47 AM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#27 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,761 posts
  • Name:Shamim

Posted April 07, 2013 - 11:04 AM

To call lebron the most clutch player in the game today is just plain wrong. He had the worst two final series performances by a superstar mvp ever.

You can hold the '11 Finals against Dallas where he just disappeared against him, but not the '07 Finals. That would be unfair considering his supporting cast. They had no chance against the Spurs who were basically superior to them in every position but SF, and this is before LeBron developed a post-game so he had no chance vs. Bruce Bowen on the perimeter with Duncan looming behind him.

It's a miracle that the Cavaliers even made it to the Finals that year. But then again, that shows you just how weak the Eastern Conference was (and is) and how badly the Pistons choked in the ECF year after year.

#28 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,772 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 11:13 AM

You can hold the '11 Finals against Dallas where he just disappeared against him, but not the '07 Finals. That would be unfair considering his supporting cast. They had no chance against the Spurs who were basically superior to them in every position but SF, and this is before LeBron developed a post-game so he had no chance vs. Bruce Bowen on the perimeter with Duncan looming behind him.

It's a miracle that the Cavaliers even made it to the Finals that year. But then again, that shows you just how weak the Eastern Conference was (and is) and how badly the Pistons choked in the ECF year after year.

Thats not the point, he still came up little. I am not talking about winning a game that spur team was great, but he just disappeared. That piston team he played had great defense as well and he had a damn good series, but against the spurs he just disappeared and put up disappointing numbers. Didnt expect him to win a game on his own and dont even hold it against him that he didnt, but he didnt even put up a good effort at trying to carry his team he just shrunk under the limelight.

#29 Lkr

Lkr

Rookie

• 165 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 11:18 AM

Thanks. Have a nice day.

He wasn't facing elimination in any of those games.

Btw what happened 3+ years ago has nothing to do with today.

#30 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,079 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 07, 2013 - 11:37 AM

Vs Celtics, NBA Finals, game 6.

Have a nice day.

And you don't have to "face elimination" to be clutch.

Your specifics don't make LeBron more clutch.

That's like saying "how often hasKobe hit a clutch jumper, in the final 10 seconds, with 3 people on him, facing elimination in the NBA finals!? If he's never done it he ain't clutch.

It's stupid.

Specifics don't make your point stronger.

It just shows desperation to prove a non-existant point. LeBron isn't more clutch than Kobe career wise nor now. Live with it. And statistically "today" he isn't more clutch than Melo or Durant either.

And you post a vid on LeBron from 2007 to prove he's more clutch with Kobe yet with Kobe you said "it happened 2-3 years ago! Why's it matter?"

I see what kind of poster you are.

Just stop. :)

Edited by Majesty, April 07, 2013 - 11:44 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#31 Lkr

Lkr

Rookie

• 165 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 11:45 AM

That was a home game.

Kobe sure was clutch with all of those misses down the stretch against Memphis though the other night

#32 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,772 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 11:49 AM

That was a home game.

Kobe sure was clutch with all of those misses down the stretch against Memphis though the other night

Guys I think we are at this point....

tumblr_mfp8971y771qclwico1_400.jpg

#33 Lkr

Lkr

Rookie

• 165 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 01:27 PM

Thats not the point, he still came up little. I am not talking about winning a game that spur team was great, but he just disappeared. That piston team he played had great defense as well and he had a damn good series, but against the spurs he just disappeared and put up disappointing numbers. Didnt expect him to win a game on his own and dont even hold it against him that he didnt, but he didnt even put up a good effort at trying to carry his team he just shrunk under the limelight.

With a post like this, I'm the troll. Are you purposely talking out of your ass? The Spurs were an excellent defensive team yet LeBron still put up pretty good numbers with no legitimate second option. But no, he shrunk in the limelight. How about actually watching the games instead of going along with the stupid storyline cliches espn feeds you

#34 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,418 posts

Posted April 08, 2013 - 09:54 AM

That was a home game.

yep...we got a troll

#35 ColStac

ColStac

Bleed Purple and Gold

• 483 posts
  • Name:Colmon
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted April 08, 2013 - 11:54 AM

Vs Celtics, NBA Finals, game 6.

Have a nice day.

And you don't have to "face elimination" to be clutch.

Your specifics don't make LeBron more clutch.

That's like saying "how often hasKobe hit a clutch jumper, in the final 10 seconds, with 3 people on him, facing elimination in the NBA finals!? If he's never done it he ain't clutch.

It's stupid.

Specifics don't make your point stronger.

It just shows desperation to prove a non-existant point. LeBron isn't more clutch than Kobe career wise nor now. Live with it. And statistically "today" he isn't more clutch than Melo or Durant either.

And you post a vid on LeBron from 2007 to prove he's more clutch with Kobe yet with Kobe you said "it happened 2-3 years ago! Why's it matter?"

I see what kind of poster you are.

Just stop. :)

Game. Set. Match. Majesty.

The game changes, the players turnover, but the Mamba remains a constant!

#36 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,686 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted April 11, 2013 - 02:11 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=RcMCA_sJuTo

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users