Photo

Ty Lawson Says Denver Can Beat Miami In Series

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

• 40,400 posts

Posted April 03, 2013 - 01:00 PM

http://blacksportson...playoff-series/

Nuggets guard Ty Lawson is a confident player and that confidence has seemed to trickle down to the rest of his teammates. Lawson thinks the 50-24 Nuggets could beat the Heat in a playoff series according to Fox Sports Florida.

“I think so,’’ Lawson said when asked if the Nuggets could beat the Heat for the title. “They beat us twice early in the year when we weren’t really in sync. We were still trying to find ourselves. So I feel like if we play them now it would be a better game and we could actually beat them.’’

ty-lawson-says-nuggets-can-beat-heat-in-

Lawson was asked what the Nuggets could do to disrupt the Heat, and win a 7 game series.

“Teamwork, and we could throw a lot of people at LeBron (James) and (Dwyane Wade), and not just one person,’’ Lawson said. “We can throw (Andre) Iguodala and (Danilo Gallinari) and Corey Brewer and Wilson (Chandler). You can throw so many people at (them). And then we have so many weapons.’’

FULL ARTICLE inside link.

yo.

#2 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,757 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 03, 2013 - 01:03 PM

If only they were in the East. lol.

• 40,400 posts

Posted April 03, 2013 - 01:04 PM

^ Yeah, by the time they got to the Finals (if they did), they'd be spent having to go through so many tough battles as compared to the Heat's cakewalk with the Eastern scrub teams.

yo.

#4 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 472 posts
  • Fan Since:Not a Fan
  • Fav. Laker:Not a Fan

Posted April 03, 2013 - 03:02 PM

You guys think Denver have better chance beating Miami than OKC or Spurs?

#5 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,713 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted April 03, 2013 - 05:05 PM

Put denver in the east and see your self a 27 winning streak.. the east is weak! and yes they can CHALLENGE the miami heat. but winning in 4. I dont know 

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#6 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,144 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 03, 2013 - 05:56 PM

If they had homecourt advantage then for sure.

Otherwise

Imagine this bird is Ty Lawson

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#7 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 03, 2013 - 11:45 PM

If they can beat the Heat, they should be able to get to the Finals...because the match-ups out West favor Denver quite a bit, really. On paper, based on match-ups and styles, Denver should be a top three team in the NBA.

But they will find out, like most other teams in history (aside from the 2004 Pistons, who were defensive juggernauts), that they will need a superstar to be strong contenders.

#8 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,394 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 04, 2013 - 12:18 AM

Denver should worry about getting past the second round before thinking about Miami.

#9 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,924 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 04, 2013 - 01:15 AM

Denver is the most dangerous team in the West, along with Indiana in the East.

Both teams, while not the obvious favorites, shouldn't be taken lightly.

#10 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,823 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted April 04, 2013 - 08:25 AM

I cant say I disagree, they have a very good chance to. They match up well their young and can run with the heat as well. Would be one hell of a series I know that. I would say the spurs or the nuggets are the best bet to beat the heat in a series.

IMO pacers are just a piped up team that really cant hang with the heat, they need a lot of things to go their way. We saw this last year when the heat were down one of their big three and the pacers could of went in for the kill, but fell short and sort of rolled over. The thunder have Kd and westbrook but thats about it. They really dont have the depth and their just carried on top of those guys shoulders which isnt a bad thing, but its not enough to beat the heat unless KD avg about 40 against them. We saw this last year the heat were the better team KD had a pretty stellar series westbrook had a solid one too, but no one else showed up maybe if harden came to play they would of strech the series to 7 but they lost 4-1 in a pretty convincing fashion.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, April 04, 2013 - 08:26 AM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#11 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted April 04, 2013 - 09:23 AM

The Nuggets will be a dangerous team, but they don't have the necessary starpower to defeat Miami IMO. Not sure anyone does.
htCCl0m.png

• 40,400 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 12:00 PM

I don't have any faith whatsoever in OKC being a threat to Miami. They've not only lost to Miami consecutively for a while now dating back to the Finals, but they've been absolutely dominated. I mean so much in fact that the final scores haven't truly been indicative of how much. If not for so many ticky tack foul calls going in Westbrook & Durant's favors (especially Durant) particularly in OKC, it'd be worse.

yo.

#13 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted April 04, 2013 - 03:06 PM

I don't have any faith whatsoever in OKC being a threat to Miami. They've not only lost to Miami consecutively for a while now dating back to the Finals, but they've been absolutely dominated. I mean so much in fact that the final scores haven't truly been indicative of how much. If not for so many ticky tack foul calls going in Westbrook & Durant's favors (especially Durant) particularly in OKC, it'd be worse.

Miami hasn't dominated OKC. Outside of game 5 last season and the regular season finale all the games have been close. Thunder just need to execute better and they've got a chance.
htCCl0m.png

#14 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 04, 2013 - 08:05 PM

Gallo is probably done for a year with a torn ACL, as of tonight. That's huge.

#15 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,144 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 04, 2013 - 09:12 PM

Yeah that is huge, but they do have Wilson Chandler to replace him.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users