Photo

Phil Jackson On Gay Players In The NBA

Shaq & Rambis weigh in too

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

• 40,556 posts

Posted April 02, 2013 - 11:39 PM

http://www.huffingto..._n_3000925.html

Retired NBA coach Phil Jackson sounded off on the possibility of professional gay male athletes in a new interview with HuffPost Live.

Jackson, who served as head coach of the Los Angeles Lakers and the Chicago Bulls, said he'd "never run into" a gay professional basketball player throughout his career.

When asked if the organizations needed to be more inclusive towards gay players, the 11-time NBA champion coach called the question "ridiculous," before noting, "There's no inclusiveness to be had."

Four-time NBA champion Kurt Rambis, who previously served as head coach for the Minnesota Timberwolves, added, "There hasn't been a player who was openly gay in the NBA ... it wouldn't surprise me if there was."

FULL ARTICLE inside link.

yo.

• 40,556 posts

Posted April 03, 2013 - 12:56 AM

Uhhh, why was this moved to NBA Talk? Phil Jackson, greatest Laker coach of all-time, Shaq, Laker legend, just had his jersey retired last night relevant, Rambis, Laker legend as well? What's the deal?

Besides, this isn't even gonna' get half the hits here compared to Lakers Talk. What's the big deal? If anything, isn't that better for the site? Who's doing this stuff?

yo.

#3 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted April 03, 2013 - 12:50 PM

Lol
Posted Image

#4 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,176 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted April 03, 2013 - 02:14 PM

I didn't know Magic's son EJ is GAY!

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

• 40,556 posts

Posted April 03, 2013 - 02:16 PM

^ Yeah, originally posted last night in Lakers Talk getting hits like crazy, then moved & buried to Off-Topic section by someone, not even NBA Talk worthy apparently and all forgotten:

http://lakernation.c...obe-supportive/

yo.

#6 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 2,020 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 10:18 PM

Homosexuality is dominating everywhere ... People are giving big attention to it, and you can tell by news of gay players in NFL and NBA .. Would be funny to see a gay player dominates as center tbh..

#7 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 07, 2013 - 10:39 PM

I didn't move it, but I know why it was.

Simply put, Phil Jackson is talking about an NBA issue, not a Lakers one.

#8 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,176 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted April 08, 2013 - 04:43 AM

Homosexuality is dominating everywhere ... People are giving big attention to it, and you can tell by news of gay players in NFL and NBA .. Would be funny to see a gay player dominates as center tb
h..

My professor just told me you can't call them homosexual anymore.Queers don't like it

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users