Photo

Larry Sanders Leads League In Defensive Real Plus-Minus (Pg. 2, #31)

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,700 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 05, 2014 - 09:27 PM

Well, to be fair, you did want Michael Beasley last Summer...

As a bench 4 project to save his career at a veterans minimum.  Not the starting center costing 44 million over 4 years =P 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

• 40,396 posts

Posted April 05, 2014 - 11:07 PM

What in Larry Sanders mentality makes you think that he'd ever contribute in those ways and not cause problems here?

Well, to be fair, you did want Michael Beasley last Summer...

As a bench 4 project to save his career at a veterans minimum.  Not the starting center costing 44 million over 4 years =P 

the-great-recovery.jpg

yo.

#23 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,349 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 06, 2014 - 08:04 AM

Fair point. 

- - -

There isn't much of a supply of rim protectors in the NBA. Sanders is only 25, is 6'11, and has shown athleticism/quickness at the 5. Regarding the marijuana, some of the same arguments that you made in favor of Beasley (change in scenery, playing for the Lakers, having Kobe on the team, etc) could be applied here. But due to the marijuana use and his comments after that he believes in it, he's not worth $11 mil per year. However, if no other options are available and the Lakers were able to obtain him via trade, I'd accept it. This team sorely needs an interior defender, especially if Love is in our plans the 2015 offseason. 

I agree with you wanting Brandan Wright. 9/4/1 in 18 minutes is solid. He's 26 years old and so far has shown professionalism throughout his career. He'd only cost $5m next year and would be a free agent the same year as Love. However, Wright is only 6'9 and weighs around 210 lbs. Being undersized won't help against the Dwights or Hibberts of the NBA. Samuel Dalembert (6'11, 250 lbs) is also a free agent in the 2015 offseason, but he'll be 34 years old by then. 

Chandler, also, is a free agent in the 2015 offseason. But he'll be around 33 years old and has shown much injury concerns. Already winning a ring with the Mavs, I'm not sure he'll be as motivated to put his body through those constant struggles. 

The other free agent from 2015 will be Omer Asik. He'll be 29 by the time we obtain him. He can be a monster on the glass and played fairly well last playoffs. He's not as athletic, but he can be a force as an interior defender. He's remained fairly health through his career thus far (3 years). He's had injuries this year, but I think those "injuries" are because him and Dwight didn't fit together. Now that Dwight's out with his injury, Asik has been playing large minutes: 34 the last 4 games while averaging 11 points and 15 rebounds.

If I was to order them in who I'd want based on talent and health: Asik > Sanders > Wright > Chandler > Dalembert. 

Of course Sanders marijuana use and $11 mil contract concerns me, but we go for him if we have the chance. Chandler just doesn't seem like he'll be healthy, which is why I put him that low. If we have to choose between Wright and Sanders, and salaries end up being a large difference between signing another player that could severely help our team, then go with Wright. But Wright could ask for a raise and the salary differences between the two could be marginal. 

#24 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,938 posts

Posted April 06, 2014 - 08:14 AM

Oh no, now that Sanders has been caught what will this do to the business? Sell the stocks, pronto.

Lol I'm sure the business will be fine

#25 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,469 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 06, 2014 - 10:18 AM

In case we draft someone like Julius Randle or Jabari Parker, who both has problems on the defensive end, we'd need to get a defender at the 5 and if Sanders is available, we should go for it. 

Theoretically, we could add Sanders, Lowry and Ariza and still keep most of our current bench. 

Lowry, Kobe, Ariza, Parker, Sanders. That's a team that can score and defend against anyone!

#26 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,349 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 06, 2014 - 10:33 AM

Larry Sanders was just celebrating Green Week :rock:

#27 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,854 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted April 06, 2014 - 11:40 AM

Y'all think Ariza doesn't smoke? Swaggy P?

Weed aint [expletive]. Stop being naive about NBA players

#28 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,700 posts

Posted April 06, 2014 - 11:09 PM

I will say this though.  If the Bucks buy him out then I'd consider signing him for less than his contract but I doubt that happens. He likely just gets traded around if a team takes him.  

Edited by Majesty, April 06, 2014 - 11:09 PM.

#29 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,938 posts

Posted April 07, 2014 - 05:28 PM

I don't understand how cats think nick young and Jordan hill is worth 7-9 mill, but are wary if pay Sanders 10 mill lol.

• 40,396 posts

Posted April 09, 2014 - 11:16 AM

Larry Sanders was just celebrating Green Week

Bkv10nKCIAASUKT.jpg

yo.

#31 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,469 posts

Posted April 14, 2014 - 10:22 PM

ESPN just launced a few new advanced stats - defensive, offensive real plus-minus as well as WARP.

Guess who leads the league in defensive real plus-minus: Larry Sanders. By a mile. 

I dont care if it's only in limited minutes. Larry Sanders is a defensive beast. 

#32 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,700 posts

Posted April 14, 2014 - 10:59 PM

ESPN just launced a few new advanced stats - defensive, offensive real plus-minus as well as WARP.

Guess who leads the league in defensive real plus-minus: Larry Sanders. By a mile. 

I dont care if it's only in limited minutes. Larry Sanders is a defensive beast. 

he only played 23 games, and started 20. 

Edited by Majesty, April 14, 2014 - 10:59 PM.

#33 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,469 posts

Posted April 14, 2014 - 11:10 PM

he only played 23 games, and started 20. 

But in those 23 games he clearly was among the best defenders in the league. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users