LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,459 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted April 03, 2013 - 08:35 PM

You're wrong

There's physical differences but thats if the female is bodying up all the time.

A woman can play screen and roll or pick and roll as well as menm

Are their jumpshots that much shorter? Are their passes that much slower?
Is their speed that much worse.

So a 5'9 point guard can use their speed and advantage to make layups and jump shots but a woman would have no such luck?

There are a lot of deadly female jump shooters in the game that would burn someone if they were left open and their have been women point guards that would burn men on pick and rolls all day.

It ain't all "physicality" as people want to try to simplify it to, a woman can have the same instincts as a male when it comes to passing and shooting.

They may not dominate in the post as much as men but driving on them, shooting in their face and passing?

No problem.

Some of ya'll are too close minded.

Leave Cheryl Miller wide open off a pick and roll and watch what happens, you'll get burned the same way her brother would burn you.

If you think just cause men are physically stronger that a womans basketball player couldn't make them pay you're very wrong and to be completely honest some of the grestest womens players have more "complete" games than some of the men.

I swear some of ya'll lol. It ain't gonna take your man card away to admit that some women can hang with the guys.

They will pop a jumper in your face or make a pass you can't see like any other, bodying up on you, you may have an argument, but pick and roll, passing and jump shots?

Mia Moore was brought into team USA practice with the likes of LeBron Kobe and a lot of that gold medal team. Coach K brought her in to practice with the guys and run hard scrimmages.

Some of them thought the way you do now, and she embarassed those that did and in coach K's words "wore some of them out"

Keep thinking just cause they're women they can't match up with you or bust a jumper in your eye, it will be more than your ego that hurts.

no sorry....women can't hang with men in the Nb.

#22 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,415 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted April 03, 2013 - 11:26 PM

It ain't hypothetical "brotha"

People get left open in the NBA and there's opening off the pick and rolls for passes off screens, you mean to tell me that a woman couldn't pass off a screen as good as a guy? You're telling me a woman is less likely to be left wide open than a guy?

THST is hypotheticals. Im willing to bet women can burn men off the pick and roll as well as a guy, court vision, passing and shooting are all things you consider.

They wouldn't be "setting" the screens, they'd be using the screens and passing off them or shooting off them.

Do you actually think they aren't capable?

Basketball players know how to take advantage of what they don't have and be effective.

You really think in your mind "brotha" that if Mya Moore had a screen set for her she couldn't run off the scree and make the jump shot, or make a pass off the screen to an open teammate just cause she's a woman. Thats crazy brotha.

Damn, you caught the feels brotha. It's good.

Do you even play basketball? Lol.
EAT
SLEEP
CONQUER
REPEAT

#23 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,415 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted April 03, 2013 - 11:37 PM

Lol sorry that was an immature post.

Ok, I read your most recent post. You're listing things that a below below average player can do. What good is that?

Pass off the pick and roll? Seriously? Who can't do that??? Take a jumpshot off a screen? My little sister can do that.
EAT
SLEEP
CONQUER
REPEAT

#24 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 587 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 05, 2013 - 07:16 AM

LOL, she what position would she play. C, LOL, PF, LOL, SF and have to guard Lebron and Melo, LOL. I'm am not sexist, but there is a 99.9% chance she will be immediately embarrassed. We hear how slow men's college basketball is compared to NBA game speed. Imagine how fast it'll move for a women.

#25 CameronStewart

CameronStewart

Rookie

• 492 posts
  • Name:Cameron

Posted April 05, 2013 - 10:36 AM

Mark Cuban must be bored making statements like this. Brittney Griner is a hell of a player but she would get totally destroyed in the men's game. The men's power, strength and speed would utterly over-power her. Plus it would just be awkward overall. I dunno about you guys but I always feel a bit odd playing against someone of the opposite sex in a physical sport, always try to tip-toe round them and go easy on them. Be weird.

#26 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,090 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted April 05, 2013 - 11:04 AM

is this legally possible tho 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#27 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,875 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted April 05, 2013 - 11:21 AM

is this legally possible tho 

I'm sure it is for the reason that it has happened before. What's not legally or legitimately possible though is Griner keeping up. Cuban owns a basketball team and yet doesn't understand the physicality of the game and size differences? Maybe that's why he's just the owner of the Mavericks.. leave that stuff to the management you hire, Cuban.

Edited by -Wade-, April 05, 2013 - 11:23 AM.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#28 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 587 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted April 05, 2013 - 01:24 PM

^ Right.

#29 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,552 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted April 06, 2013 - 08:35 AM

She's 6'8 and barely weighs more than Steve Nash. All she can do is play down low, yet she can hardly dunk a woman's ball (28.5 instead of 29.5). How is a 6'8, 205 pound low post player going to survive in the NBA? She's waaaaay too slow to guard perimeter players, she's waaaaay too small to play down low, and if Devin Ebanks were guarding her I'd put my money on Ebanks to hold her to 0. She's physically inferior. I think a player like that girl from Delaware or Skylar Diggins would have a better shot. They still couldn't do it, but they'd be better.

#30 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 914 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 10, 2013 - 10:29 AM

One fast break from Lebron with her on defense and there you have it folks, she's pregnant!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users