#1 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 02, 2013 - 12:22 PM

The Blazers' color commentator Mike Rice's son

SMH

Edited by MDI, April 02, 2013 - 12:27 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#2 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 488 posts
  • Fan Since:Not a Fan
  • Fav. Laker:Not a Fan

Posted April 02, 2013 - 12:30 PM

SMH why is he not fired yet?

#3 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 18,169 posts

Posted April 02, 2013 - 12:33 PM

Who would want to play for a coach who can literally hurt/injure you.

#4 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,929 posts

Posted April 02, 2013 - 12:44 PM

Idk how those players held back.

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#5 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,919 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 02, 2013 - 01:05 PM

I've had my practice jersey grabbed before, but if a coach like him grabbed at it, pulled me to his face, and tried to sling me around like that...and throwing basketballs at my head...he would have been KO'ed, and I'd lose my scholarship.  Don't care.

Props to all of those players that deal with it.  I wouldn't be so...understanding?  I don't even know the word I'm trying to use.

#6 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 6,300 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted April 02, 2013 - 01:10 PM

Feel bad for those guys just trying to make it. Doing whatever it takes to get to the top level and accepting all that neglect and abuse just to keep their scholarships.

#7 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,088 posts
  • Name:Karl
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted April 02, 2013 - 01:10 PM

What's sad about this is the fact the athletic director of Rutgers is trying so hard to defend this guy. Mike Rice should be fired and he should never be a college or high school basketball coach again.

#8 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,737 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted April 02, 2013 - 01:42 PM

Would of quit the team or got kicked off. Ill be coached but not bullied

#9 EJ06

EJ06

Rookie

• 775 posts
  • Fan Since:1995-96

Posted April 02, 2013 - 02:26 PM

Disgusting. How did they not see this before hiring him?

#10 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,378 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted April 02, 2013 - 02:57 PM

Mike Rice's son?? No way... after watching/listening to some blazers broadcasts before I would have never guessed... :laughing: In all seriousness though that's ridiculous.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#11 24allday

24allday

Rookie

• 1,394 posts
  • Name:Gavin
  • Fan Since:3rd grade - first started watching and loved Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, #STAYSWAG

Posted April 02, 2013 - 02:57 PM

Ridiculous. He needs to be fired and publicly humiliated so he can never find a coaching job ever again. I mean really that is [expletive]ing pathetic

#12 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,176 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted April 03, 2013 - 06:50 AM

http://m.espn.go.com...storyId=9128825

Just got fired. AD needs to go too

Pau Gasol is GONE

#13 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,572 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted April 03, 2013 - 11:18 AM

To me he looks passionate and driven. Big deal he pulled some jerseys and threw some balls at his players...lol. What kinda [expletive]ing prima donna pansies are hoops players now a days.

In NCAA baseball Greg Jefferies committed 2 errors in a game and his college coach made him check in to practice Sunday morning to field ground balls barehanded.....off the black top parking lot outside the field. he went on to win 2 gold gloves with the NY Mets.

In NCAA Football Ken Houston's defensive coach would make him run drills while he shot paint balls at him. Ken got so fast he began to dodge the paint balls. While making tackles. He went on to be a 12 time NFL pro bowl safety with 50 INTS and 10 for TD run backs.

terry Steinbach was a catcher in HS. His HS coach made him squat while he chucked baseballs at him at 70-80MPH. He wore no glove, no shin guards and no vest. Only the mask. Wherever he threw them he had to block the ball using his mask. In his 14 year MLB career Terry only had 83 pass balls. Thats 6 per every 120 games. Majority of which were wild pitches.

No players is so good theyre beyond a bit of torment to get better. Id appreciate a coach like that. it would motivate me. Give me a coach that will boss up. This guy has fire. That lights fire under spoiled athletes asses. Hes the opposite of MDT. Lakers should hire this guy.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

• 40,556 posts

Posted April 03, 2013 - 12:15 PM

^ Lol, don't agree with your post, but love it nonetheless and respect it. Something different and you make great points, but at the end of the day, crossing the line is crossing the line and there's no way around it.

You've gotta' wonder though, around the country, just how many more cases there are like this if not worse, but we the public simply have no way of knowing cause there's no proof or video seemingly out there such as this.

yo.

#15 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,176 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted April 03, 2013 - 01:06 PM

GA done lost his mind. I would want my son to have similar rights to knock that [expletive] out for poor coaching. I can discipline my own son...not some [expletive]ing retard of a coach.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#16 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 40,107 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 03, 2013 - 02:54 PM

Funny they fired the guy for being "insubordinate" and showing up to a basketball camp the coach didn't want him at( was probably misbehaving again and didn't want to be caught)

So Rutgers fires him or doesn't "renew" the contract but when video evidence is given to them...its a suspension...

No one pulled the race card yet... Heheh

Anyway here's the update

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#17 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 40,107 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 03, 2013 - 02:58 PM

This guy has fire. That lights fire under spoiled athletes asses. Hes the opposite of MDT. Lakers should hire this guy.

Always comes back to that dont it..no matter how stupid it ism..Lol you apparently haven't seen rutgers recoed.. His methods aint working.

And let him try ANY of that stuff with Kobe, or Dwight.. Or Metta. He'd be in the hospital on the first day. No not first day of practice, media day.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#18 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,919 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted April 03, 2013 - 08:48 PM

To me he looks passionate and driven. Big deal he pulled some jerseys and threw some balls at his players...lol. What kinda fucking prima donna pansies are hoops players now a days.

In NCAA baseball Greg Jefferies committed 2 errors in a game and his college coach made him check in to practice Sunday morning to field ground balls barehanded.....off the black top parking lot outside the field. he went on to win 2 gold gloves with the NY Mets.

In NCAA Football Ken Houston's defensive coach would make him run drills while he shot paint balls at him. Ken got so fast he began to dodge the paint balls. While making tackles. He went on to be a 12 time NFL pro bowl safety with 50 INTS and 10 for TD run backs.

terry Steinbach was a catcher in HS. His HS coach made him squat while he chucked baseballs at him at 70-80MPH. He wore no glove, no shin guards and no vest. Only the mask. Wherever he threw them he had to block the ball using his mask. In his 14 year MLB career Terry only had 83 pass balls. Thats 6 per every 120 games. Majority of which were wild pitches.

No players is so good theyre beyond a bit of torment to get better. Id appreciate a coach like that. it would motivate me. Give me a coach that will boss up. This guy has fire. That lights fire under spoiled athletes asses. Hes the opposite of MDT. Lakers should hire this guy.

Those are all extreme cases, still, but tell me something: what does throwing a basketball at a player's head, when his back is turned, do for him? Players don't post up with their backs to the ball-handler, and this isn't dodgeball.

Or kicking a guy? Basketball players don't practice self-defense from strikes.

Even though your examples were a bit too extreme, and were special cases that probably wouldn't be significant to most players, the intention was to make them better. Rice acted out of frustration, and nothing he did was going to make any athlete better.

In fact, they have lost five players because of it. Five transfers. That's a big deal, and ultimately, that's why he was fired.

#19 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,572 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted April 04, 2013 - 04:53 AM

Those are all extreme cases, still, but tell me something: what does throwing a basketball at a player's head, when his back is turned, do for him? Players don't post up with their backs to the ball-handler, and this isn't dodgeball.

Or kicking a guy? Basketball players don't practice self-defense from strikes.

Even though your examples were a bit too extreme, and were special cases that probably wouldn't be significant to most players, the intention was to make them better. Rice acted out of frustration, and nothing he did was going to make any athlete better.

In fact, they have lost five players because of it. Five transfers. That's a big deal, and ultimately, that's why he was fired.

Well throwing the ball at his back = [expletive]ing pay attention. I have no problem so long as theres no blood.

kicking a guy, yea thats wrong and doesnt do much, I agree.

But I have no prob with yelling, cursing, throwing things, pulling jerseys to show proper positioning.

Honestly I didnt see him kick or hit anyone. Not saying he didnt. Ill take your word cuzz your probably more up to date on this than me. 

Anything physical and combative is wrong. But if hes chucking a ball at a players back for not paying attention while hes coaching, that should be encouraged imo. 

Those players are there, maybe on a scholarship (which is a for of payment).....do what your supposed to do.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#20 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,737 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted April 04, 2013 - 06:15 AM

Well throwing the ball at his back = [expletive]ing pay attention. I have no problem so long as theres no blood.

kicking a guy, yea thats wrong and doesnt do much, I agree.

But I have no prob with yelling, cursing, throwing things, pulling jerseys to show proper positioning.

Honestly I didnt see him kick or hit anyone. Not saying he didnt. Ill take your word cuzz your probably more up to date on this than me. 

Anything physical and combative is wrong. But if hes chucking a ball at a players back for not paying attention while hes coaching, that should be encouraged imo. 

Those players are there, maybe on a scholarship (which is a for of payment).....do what your supposed to do.

The players were brought in to play basketball...not get bullied and abused.

Same thing can be said for the coach....he is being paid to coach not abuse the players.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users