#1 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,407 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 01, 2013 - 07:39 PM

Dunk city to the Galen Center?!?

@USC_Athletics
OFFICIAL: Please welcome Andy Enfield (@CoachEnfield) to the #TrojanFamily as the new head coach of @USC_Hoops. #DunkCityUSC

After a nationwide coaching search, USC athletic director Pat Haden set his sights on Enfield to bring excitement back to the Galen Center, and create a winning culture within men's basketball.

"My family and I are thrilled to join the Trojan Family and be part of the unparalleled athletic tradition at USC," said new head coach Andy Enfield. "In meeting with Pat Haden, I was very impressed with his vision for the men's basketball program. I am looking forward to bringing an exciting, up-tempo style of play to USC and building the men's basketball brand into one that the fans and basketball community will enjoy and respect."

Before bursting into the national spotlight this March, Enfield built an extensive resume as an assistant coach, shooting guru and business entrepreneur.

He worked in the NBA for the Milwaukee Bucks (1995-96) and Boston Celtics (1999-2000) before venturing on his own as a player development consultant and an early partner in TractManager, a software contract management company in the health care industry. He returned to basketball full-time as an assistant at Florida State (2007-11) before becoming the head coach at FGCU, where he went 41-28 over two seasons.

"Andy has been successful in every area of his life," said Haden. "He has a consistent and proven record of success for more than 15 years in college and the NBA. He is a respected teacher who develops his players on the court and sees them excel in the classroom, he is a noted shooting coach, he is a relentless recruiter and he has integrity and great character."

Enfield's run to the Sweet 16 was nothing short of historical as the Eagles were the first school since 1987 to win its first two NCAA tournament games. The FGCU program was in only its second year of Division 1 post-season eligibility, yet the Eagles managed to knock out No. 2 seed Georgetown and No. 7 seed San Diego State to become the first No. 15 seed ever to reach a regional semifinal.

Instead of playing conservatively, Enfield's team attacked its more highly-regarded opponents with a barrage of steals, threes and dunks. The Atlantic Sun champions scored 70-plus points 25 times in 2013 and ranked 16th nationally in steals (8.9 per game).

#DunkCityUSC

http://www.usctrojan...k-city-usc.html

I'm really excited about this hire. He was one of the top 3 realistic candidates I was hoping for (behind Hopkins & Marshall).

Still a young coach at 43, only has two years of head coaching experience under his belt so it's a gamble BUT he does have some NBA coaching experience as an assistant and players love his style of play.

USC and UCLA are going to get up and down the court this year thats for sure.

• 40,416 posts

Posted April 01, 2013 - 08:02 PM

His Wife may get some more opportunities being this close to Hollywood as well.

yo.

#3 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,407 posts

Posted April 01, 2013 - 08:04 PM

His Wife may get some more opportunities being this close to Hollywood as well.

enfield1.jpg

• 40,416 posts

Posted April 01, 2013 - 08:08 PM

^ Touche.

yo.

#5 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,079 posts
  • Name:Karl
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted April 01, 2013 - 08:46 PM

I hope he makes USC basketball fun. I'm not a UCLA or USC basketball fan but if they can make splash in College basketball then the Pac 12 and West Coast basketball will be really fun.

#6 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,163 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted April 02, 2013 - 06:19 AM

enfield1.jpg

That was very Cano-esque 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#7 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,063 posts

Posted April 02, 2013 - 09:25 AM

That was very Cano-esque 

Yah I thought it was Cano who posted that photo for a sec ha

• 40,416 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 03:44 PM

165376146.jpg

Welcome hehe

Edited by    , April 04, 2013 - 03:52 PM.

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users