#121 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,647 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 04, 2013 - 04:39 AM

Majesty is such a Phil hater. Don't you dare insinuate that this team would be better with Phil. He won't allow it.

MDA makes $4 mil / year to do absolutely nothing. I don't care about his feelings at all. Ownership SHOULD hear it from the fans for this colossal mistake, and maybe if they hear it enough they'll relent and hire PJ this summer. Stranger things have happened.

You'll continue to watch the Lakers regardless, and even if you don't millions around the world still will.

They aren't gonna hire Phil because people chant his name.

They aren't gonna pay two coaches for the next 2 years to sit at home and then pay Phil three times the amount they get.

Not gonna happen.

Like I said, its time to get over it. Phil ain't coming back. Shaw's offense would make you cringe(watch Indiana) and we don't have the type of players to play defense on the wings in order to duplicate their defense.

Adelman is gone next year too, to take care of his wife. Phil is gonna try to become an owner(which he has talked about for a while)

So come to the realization that you aren't getting Phil, aren't getting Shaw, and aren't getting Adelman.

Then realice that even if they fired D'antoni, any other replacement would make you feel just as empty and would only be a waste of time to please you, while your team has to suffer through ANOTHER readjustment period.

Maybe its time to stop thinking NBA2K13 logic and think about how the real world and business works in it :)

I don't dislike Phil in the slightest, he's my favorite coach of all time.

Im just not gonna act like a gushing fanboy and try to create twenty different fanfictions that put him back on the Laker, because I understand business and know he isn't coming back as it would be a very bad financial business move in accordance to all else.

I accept he won't be back and have let go of all prospects of it and have moved on.

Its time for you to do the same.

Edited by Majesty, April 04, 2013 - 04:42 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#122 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,065 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 04, 2013 - 06:58 AM

Majesty, no offense...

But you're full of [expletive]. Anytime...and I mean ANYTIME dialogue pertaining to the greatest coach of all time comes up, nothing but haterism comes out of your mouth. But when Mike Brown was here, he was hot [expletive] and could do no wrong. Fans are cheering for him because we know what it's like to have a steak dinner dangled in front of your face...only to be given a bologna sandwich. Why aren't they gonna hire PJ? Because he can't coach? Because he can't win? Because he can't win ships?

Here's a bright idea: don't hire two amateurs because you'll only end up firing them and having to pay them. You've been so happy since PJ left...but guess what? This team has been an embarrassment since his departure. You'd sacrifice this team's success just to see PJ not be here.

The mere thought of Brown and D'Antoni make me cringe. A young unknown in Shaw is a hell of a lot better than league rejects and perennial LOSERS in Brown and D'Antoni.

I don't [expletive]ing play nba2k13 but I do know how the real world works and I do know that the goal in sports is to WIN. So you can drop the condescending act.

Stop with the lies already. Mike Brown is your favorite coach...while you're talking about fanboys.

Edited by Windu, April 04, 2013 - 06:59 AM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#123 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,847 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted April 04, 2013 - 11:33 AM

I think Majesty is just defending "reality".

If you want to blame Jim Buss, the easy target or Phil for waffling, the ship has likely sailed.

All I know is the last season with Phil was UGLY, and it MIGHT just be that teams have windows and  it's possible that it's Miami time no matter what.  I have been a Lakers fan for a while and we don't win every season. When Kareem was in his prime or Magic was in his prime we won. After that, MJ was in his prime and he won. After that, Shaq was in his prime and Kobe was coming into his and they won, and Shaq fell off and someone else won. 

Kobe in his absolut prime, with Gasol we won. Kobe not his prime and now LeBron is winning.

to call the Lakers an embarassment is a JOKE. This season we were hit by injuries, and just like Boston with a definite great coach, and we have relatively the same record, in the much harder conference, with much less continuity.

The fact is we won 4 playoff games last season Phil was here, Wew won 5 with Mike Brown with a WORST roster.

D'Antoni was put in a horrible position and I will say this to the day I die, if OKC and Mia don't need the Greatest coach of All Time, why should we?

furthermore, sports is ENTERTAINMENT.

It's not ALL about winning, if it was OKC would have kept Harden.

But I digress. 

this management went out and turned Bynum to Dwight, unfortunately Dwight was't 100%, but Bynum is 0%

turned McRoberts into Earl Clark.

Turned Sessions into Nash and Goudelock into Meeks.

Went from Troy Murphy to Jamison.

They got a coach who had taken his team from down 3-1 in the playoffs against Phil Jackson and WON against Phil Jackson.

only one coach can really "hold a team back"

this season is on the players and their health, age, non-chalant attitudes,

AND more importantly chemistry

Btw

Metta,Pau and another Center should never be on the floor at the same time. it's the slowest frontline in the NBA

#124 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,647 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 12:07 PM

I think Majesty is just defending "reality".

If you want to blame Jim Buss, the easy target or Phil for waffling, the ship has likely sailed.

All I know is the last season with Phil was UGLY, and it MIGHT just be that teams have windows and it's possible that it's Miami time no matter what. I have been a Lakers fan for a while and we don't win every season. When Kareem was in his prime or Magic was in his prime we won. After that, MJ was in his prime and he won. After that, Shaq was in his prime and Kobe was coming into his and they won, and Shaq fell off and someone else won.

Kobe in his absolut prime, with Gasol we won. Kobe not his prime and now LeBron is winning.

to call the Lakers an embarassment is a JOKE. This season we were hit by injuries, and just like Boston with a definite great coach, and we have relatively the same record, in the much harder conference, with much less continuity.

The fact is we won 4 playoff games last season Phil was here, Wew won 5 with Mike Brown with a WORST roster.

D'Antoni was put in a horrible position and I will say this to the day I die, if OKC and Mia don't need the Greatest coach of All Time, why should we?

furthermore, sports is ENTERTAINMENT.

It's not ALL about winning, if it was OKC would have kept Harden.

But I digress.

this management went out and turned Bynum to Dwight, unfortunately Dwight was't 100%, but Bynum is 0%

turned McRoberts into Earl Clark.

Turned Sessions into Nash and Goudelock into Meeks.

Went from Troy Murphy to Jamison.

They got a coach who had taken his team from down 3-1 in the playoffs against Phil Jackson and WON against Phil Jackson.

only one coach can really "hold a team back"

this season is on the players and their health, age, non-chalant attitudes,

AND more importantly chemistry

Btw

Metta,Pau and another Center should never be on the floor at the same time. it's the slowest frontline in the NBA

Finally someone gets it :)

#125 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,065 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 04:22 PM

Defending what reality? That the two hires we've made after PJ have been disasters? Every excuse is made for the MIKES but on the rare occasion that PJ makes a coaching error or does ANYTHING less than win championships there's something wrong with that? GTFO. Will someone remind me what the MIKES have accomplished collectively?

The last season with PJ was ugly? This is what I mean when I say the man wins so often that on the rare occasion he and his team falters (hi Pau) it gets thrown in his face. Nevermind the fact that he's not only the greatest coach in the history of sports but he's the greatest coach in the history of this franchise. But no, [expletive] the fans...[expletive] winning championships, let's hire the cheaper alternative in a perennial loser just to spite PJ and have a dick measuring contest. Don't insult my intelligence as a fan by telling me Mike D'Antoni gives this team a better chance of winning than Phil Jackson.

I'm gonna call how it is. The product on the court has been an embarrassment post-PJ. First you bring in a coach who knows just as much about offense as does courtside Adam Sandler; then you dig a deeper hole by bringing in the poster child for zero defensive accountability.

D'Antoni was put in a horrible position? Are you [expletive]ting me? He was handed a championship caliber team and the sorry mutha[expletive]a can barely secure an eighth seed. PJ took two garbage teams to the playoffs and D'Antoni was put in a horrible position? Lulz

Miami and OKC have solid coaches; tell me again who is our head coach.

Sports is competition; WWE is entertainment.

Yeh we've purchased a Ferrari but you hired Stevie Wonder to drive it.

They got a coach who was pushed to the brink by a team of scrubs. They got a coach who is allergic to defense. They got a coach who has failed at EVERY single NBA head coaching job he's had.

Edited by Windu, April 04, 2013 - 04:23 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#126 Obsidien

Obsidien

Rookie

• 156 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Fan Since:Late 80's
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Chick & Kobe 2nd

Posted April 04, 2013 - 04:28 PM

^^ I LOL'd so hard reading this

This will teach the league to basketball reason Lakers

#127 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,647 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 04:57 PM

At the end of the day it's about money too.

Much as people want to scream that its about winning, OKC wouldn't have let Harden go.

As much as no one wants to hear it, injuries have hurt this team.

Our coach makes a lot of mistakes granted.

But handed a championship caliber team is on paper is hard when the paper keeps ripping.

Phil Jackson had a Championship caliber team in 2004.

What happened? Injuries. We made the finals, but we still lost to Detroit. A lot had to do with A) not adjusting to how Detroit shut down the Kobe and Shaq connection and B) Karl Malone not being 100 percent.

Phil is not immune to injuries or to terrible players.

Windu you talk about how he took a team of nobodies to the 8th seed.

Well he'd have had to deal with Duhon and Morris as starters for a majority of this year as well as losing Dwight and Gasol for stretches of important games while also dealing with the harder schedule, while having to teach the triangle and while 3 of the 4 all-stars spent a majority of their time injured and unable to practice this.

This is the reality that Phil Jackson would have dealt with and given ALL that against him, he isn't gonna make Morris or Duhon quality point guards, he isn't gonna make Jamison a viable center.

We'd be looking at the 6-8th seed anyway.

Phil is a great coach, but when I look at all the lineups we've been FORCED to use due to injuries would have been a struggle for Phil as well.

That is the reality of the situation, so let's not act like Phil wouldn't have struggled or that we'd instantly have gone to be a top 5 seeded team. We wouldn't have.

We'd be exactly where we are now 6-8.

The good news would be that we'd have a viable offense in place and going into the playoffs could be hitting a groove with an experienced coach.

There's no doubt that ONCE they all had time to play in it to implement it that the triangle would be a viable offensive option for this team.

But the reality is we'd only have had (even up to now) maybe 20 games with us all to try it.

And given how we struggled with the triangle's bigger brother(the Princeton) then we may have went through some growing pains, made even more annoying because of the injuries and lack of chemoistry building which the triangle requires.

That said it wouldn't be worse than our January, but we'd have experienced frustrating losses all the same.

And entering the playoffs the 6-8 seed with injuries galore risk of chemistry and a complicated offense is too big a "financial" risk when you're paying Phil more than Mike Brown and D'antoni combined for "one" year while he 'may' or 'may not' be fully committed and if we lose in the playoffs we likely lose Phil in the off-season.

If Phil returned it was likely a one season thing.

So we'd enter the off-season needing yet another coach, another adjustment period after spending more money.

So these are the reasons along with other ego-centric ones that Phil was said no to.

You may not like it but it is what it is.

There were too many "variables" and as was said Jerry made the final call on not bringing Phil in.

At the end of the day, given the injury bug, Dwight in or out and Pau's "problems" there is one all important reason D'antoni was brought in.

The Lakers ran a simpler type of offense while Bickerstaff coached after struggling with a complex one

Mitch and the Lakers wanted to rack up fast wins(because of Jerry's health)

Felt

Complex offense < simpler offense

After the evidence presented.

So they went for the simpler offense.

Strictly because they thought the learning curve would be smaller and that the team would gel faster if playing a more simplified offense after struggling with complex.

They weren't willing to "wait" any longer on the learning curve, and the triangle would have been a learning curve, obviously they thought that there'd be less of one with D'antoni.

They were wrong obviously, though we have no idea what the learning curve of the triangle with.

But I will say one thing with 100 percent confidence.

If Mike Brown was let go last off-season and we had a full training camp ready, Phil Jackson WOULD be our coach right now.

Thing about Phil is it would take "time" to implement.

Management(Jerry included) obviously thought the quicker solution(especially during our "run") was that D'antoni would be the quickest to adjust to and easier to run than a complex one(Princeton, Triangle). They were wrong though of course.

#128 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 04, 2013 - 05:53 PM

Regardless of the excuses or circumstances surrounding the situation, the decision was a wrong one.

I'm just hoping Jim Buss for the first time takes responsibility for his mistake and this time make the right decision.  For someone that is transitioning to power, you would think one of the first decisions would be one that puts the fans on his side but instead, the fans are against him and question everything he does from this point on.

Fire D'Antoni, hire Phil Jackson even if its for one season. If it doesn't work, at least Jimmy boy can say that he didn't listen.

#129 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,795 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 04, 2013 - 05:58 PM

Oh my god, this is the greatest analogy I've ever seen.

+1 just for this, I also agree with everything you've said so far Windu. Both coaching hires were horrible decisions, just massive failures. No system in place on either end of the floor months after the fact, reliance on Kobe Bryant to bail us out every close game, and just lackluster play almost every other game. It's just terrible.

#130 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,065 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 06:36 PM

Injuries are not a legitimate reason for this much underachievement.

And I truly wonder if it really is about money because you know you're gonna have to pay Brown but then you put all your chips on...MDA. Really? If the concern is money, why waste it on a chronic loser instead of a pretty sound investment in Phil Jackson? Why was Brian Shaw treated in the fashion he was? Go hire a young coach with potential instead of hiring a veteran coach who has been bounced around because he's simply no good. They would have been better off keeping Brown it seems.

PJ made it to the Finals and lost and that's held against him...think about that for a second.

More of a sure bet that PJ (compared to MDA) could make the best of those circumstances you listed. Oh and losing Pau isn't a negative btw.

You speak as if PJ wouldn't/couldn't adjust to these circumstances; his resume says otherwise. Don't you think PJ actually thought about all the possible scenarios before coming to the decision that he had interest in the job? The man has a vast amount of coaching experience...championship coaching experience...experience bringing superstars together with journeyman-level players to win ships...to the tune of 11. PJ is worth more than Brown and MDA combined but that's irrelevant with regards to this because the FO and PJ already said it wasn't a money issue.

If Jerry made the final call then he messed up...PERIOD. How many MDA chants have you heard btw?

If what you say is true...why was PJ considered in the first place? It's no secret what offense the man runs; the front office knew that before they even interviewed the man. They didn't even have the decency to wait for his decision. As if MDA was a hot commodity.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#131 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,098 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 06:43 PM

I want Jim Buss to be more open to the fans. Since he is taking over the reigns of the franchise, I want him to actually show up to some games. He was not there for the trophy presentation in 2010, and in 2009, Joey and Jesse were the ones that accepted the trophy. It should of been him up there. I am not bashing this guy, but he needs to open himself to the fans in my opinion.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#132 WWBD

WWBD

Rookie

• 96 posts

Posted April 05, 2013 - 01:39 AM

Majesty, stop using the fact that Phil would be expensive as an argument.  Giving yourself a better chance to win a championship is PRICELESS.  And there's no doubt that Phil would give a better chance to win this year than MDA.  End of story.

#133 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,387 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted April 05, 2013 - 03:03 AM

Didn't read any of these long ass posts but

Anyone who says we would be in the same situation as we're in right now with Phil as the coach is stupid. Not going to defend that statement with facts or a long argument tbh, you're just stupid and should find a new sport to watch.
EAT
SLEEP
CONQUER
REPEAT

#134 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted April 05, 2013 - 05:28 AM

Didn't read any of these long ass posts but
Anyone who says we would be in the same situation as we're in right now with Phil as the coach is stupid. Not going to defend that statement with facts or a long argument tbh, you're just stupid and should find a new sport to watch.

Anyone who thinks we'd be much better with Phil is stupid. Issue hasn't been coaching it's been lack of depth and several injuries to key stars. How the hell is Phil supposed to fix this?
htCCl0m.png

#135 Mumford

Mumford

Rookie

• 167 posts

Posted April 05, 2013 - 05:35 AM

Anyone who thinks we'd be much better with Phil is stupid. Issue hasn't been coaching it's been lack of depth and several injuries to key stars. How the hell is Phil supposed to fix this?

Maybe doing some smart rotations and building a consistent second unit.

#136 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,065 posts

Posted April 05, 2013 - 05:36 AM

Ugh

Pau Gasol is GONE

#137 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,231 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted April 05, 2013 - 06:00 AM

Lol. God the delusion in here is thick.

#138 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

Rookie

• 979 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted April 05, 2013 - 06:06 AM

Problems are not the coaching as much as injuries and lack of youth. Get over the PJ deal we have a coach let it ride, no one can get this team younger by coaching.

#139 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,455 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted April 05, 2013 - 06:50 AM

:laughing:  :laughing:  :laughing:  :laughing: ....not coaching.... :laughing:  :laughing:  :laughing:  :laughing:  I dont know what goes through your head when you post.

#140 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,086 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted April 05, 2013 - 06:53 AM

you have no right to speak... just leave 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)