• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,578 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted March 31, 2013 - 08:34 AM

Am I the only one here who was super ecstatic to see a working zone defense on several stretches last night? It was a Blake/Meeks/Kobe/Clark/Dwight lineup that I saw a lot of the damage, and it seemed like they were able to disrupt the passing lanes with ease, and forced some bad shots by the Kings.

With the slow and tired legs especially in the 4th quarter, I hope we're able to set up more zone in the playoffs. A lot of us have been shouting for a 2-3 with a smaller lineup to have quicker legs closing out on the shooters while planting Dwight down low and keeping him there.

Edited by bigvee, March 31, 2013 - 12:26 PM.

#2 nikolatesla

nikolatesla

Rookie

• 390 posts
  • Name:Aykut
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 31, 2013 - 10:06 AM

That line-up did not happen because Kobe played 48 minutes and that lineup does not include him. Simple mathematics.

#3 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,578 posts

Posted March 31, 2013 - 12:28 PM

That line-up did not happen because Kobe played 48 minutes and that lineup does not include him. Simple mathematics.

I was debating on whether Kobe was at the 2 or the 3 and I guess I just completely left him out. I fixed it now.

#4 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,095 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 31, 2013 - 06:55 PM

Saw some nice synergy between Dwight and Pau too but again...key word is "consistency" and as always defense.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#5 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Monogatari

• 8,417 posts

Posted March 31, 2013 - 07:27 PM

Saw some nice synergy between Dwight and Pau too but again...key word is "consistency" and as always defense.

Yeah, the lack of consistency & effort is what pretty much hurts the Lakers more. 

MMiRi9s.png

#6 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,095 posts

Posted March 31, 2013 - 09:02 PM

Yes, and even if they find a way to make dwight and gasol work on offense, its them not working on "defense" together that worries me more.

#7 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,578 posts

Posted March 31, 2013 - 10:59 PM

Every western playoff team has a point guard that's gonna light up whoever we throw at them. At least if a zone is implemented, it can be forgiving on that end. The short corner 3 will kill us all series, but at least we can try to keep a series with San Antonio close by getting into those passing lanes. I don't know, just seems a whole lot better than forcing Tony Parker to do what ever he wants with the ball, he'd end the series in 4 games with those floaters and spot up shooters.

#8 stillshining

stillshining

Rookie

• 281 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted March 31, 2013 - 11:34 PM

Yes, and even if they find a way to make dwight and gasol work on offense, its them not working on "defense" together that worries me more.

A healthy Pau and a healthy Dwight will make it work on offense, theyre just too talented (Dwight) and skilled (Pau), Pau is one of the better playmaking big man this league has ever seen and his decision making after the defense commits on Kobe during pick and rolls is an advantage against almost every team. Dwight is reaching his level of activity in orlando and thats a top 5 player in this league...

The defensive part will not be figured out IMHO... Pau's mobility is almost hard to watch and he can get beat inside, off the dribble and everyone is invited to the paint when he's the last line.

#9 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,095 posts

Posted April 01, 2013 - 12:19 AM

^ and that's the problem, cause when Gasol gets beat other people have to rotate which usually leads to a wide open three for the other team.

A lot of it has to do with Nash too, when you have Nash at the 1 and Gasol at the 4, Dwight can't compensate for both of them, too many rotational mess ups that either lead to an easy layup or a wide open three.

That's what worries me.

#10 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,343 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted April 01, 2013 - 12:04 PM

I wish Pau would put more effort into blocking shots instead of just lifting his arms. No ones afraid to attack him. 

veqdeg.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users