Photo

Kobe Bryant: "I have more than two seasons left in me, it just depends if I still want to play."

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 01, 2013 - 10:12 AM

Well

http://hangtime.blog...re-this-summer/

Is your sense that next season will be your last?

“As I sit here right now, yeah.”

Is there anything the Lakers can say that would make it more likely you played beyond next season?

“No,” Bryant told NBA.com. “It’s my decision. It’s really about what I want to do, if I want to train and be psychotic with my training. That’s what it comes down to. It’s really how I’m feeling physically.”

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#42 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,143 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted April 01, 2013 - 11:30 AM

Would you guys want Kobe at pg for a couple years after 2014???

No I want Kobe at SG

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#43 Scooter123

Scooter123

Rookie

• 297 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted April 01, 2013 - 01:05 PM

Playing Kobe 40+ minutes a game is asking for injuries.  At his age, and to rest for the playoffs, he ought to be playing 20-30m. 

#44 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted April 01, 2013 - 03:15 PM

Th mod is pointing out that Kobe played too much, the other older players are playing too much and it is resulting in injuries.  Not exactly a controversial observation ... is it?

That's coz Kobe's ankle would've stiffened up had he rested again.

Always nice to know the mods here are objective...

#45 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,396 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted April 13, 2013 - 02:13 PM

I agree thats how he wants to go out. But I hope its not the complete opposite of that where hes getting carried off the court with a serious bone break or something. (knock on wood)

why would u even think that?

1. Current bone spur in foot.

2. Nature. 36 years old. regardless of his conditioning certain things have started to break down.

3. Anything is possible and his entire career hes defied the odds. He never had the DRose type injury. And usually odds have a bad way of catching up to you.

Yea, I agree. I dont want him to ever stop man. I dont know wtf Ill feel like as a fan AK (After Kobe). But its inevitable. And I know I dont want to see him stop because of a D-Rose/Rond type injury. That would suck sooooo bad.

What I want to see, I want him to pass MJ in scoring for sure. Only 860 points to do that. It would be great if he could catch Karl, but he will need to average 27ppg until mid 2015/16 season. Thats a long time. But pass MJ and Hopefully get ring 6 (somehow????) and I'd stop on that dime.

I wish I could have been the Lakers coach last night via Quantum Leap or something. If I knew this, how the hell didnt MDT? So many close calls. Even in the Warriors game last night there were 2 close calls. Warning signs. :eh:

Edited by LakersGAFan, April 13, 2013 - 02:16 PM.

#46 MiguelSanchez

MiguelSanchez

Rookie

• 128 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Mike Penberthy

Posted April 13, 2013 - 02:31 PM

I think you could see on Vitti's face that he didn't think Kobe should still be out there. D'Antoni probably thinks he has to make the playoffs to save his job so he didn't care how much he played Kobe. Of course Kobe is going to say he wants to keep playing. D'Antoni should have stood up to him, but then again he's let Kobe walk all over him for months now (Kobe ignoring his offense and throwing the ball into Pau in the post as one example).

I hope Kobe has a couple years left. Best case scenario at this point is that the teams learns to play without Kobe (in the regular season, it might actually be helpful) and Kobe can sit and watch how the team works best, then Kobe comes back in January fully healthy and rested. If he wants to play beyond next year I really hope he will just take the minimum. He has made his money, is going to be paid to rest up at the beginning of next season, and really it's better for his image to just take the absolute minimum than demand either a max deal (which the Lakers won't give him and result in all sorts of PR issues) or even $10 million a year. Jordan took almost no money and even donated his salary when he came back to play for the Wizards. 

#47 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 13, 2013 - 03:24 PM

I have a feeling I know how this ends. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users