Photo

Kobe Bryant: "I have more than two seasons left in me, it just depends if I still want to play."

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,646 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted March 31, 2013 - 04:08 AM

I suspect a lot of this depends on Dwight. If he re-signs, Kobe approaches management and finds out what kind of deal they will offer him for 2014 and beyond. If he's comfortable with it, then he'll say he's playing another season or two after next, and a deal gets worked out next off-season.

If Dwight walks, I look for Kobe to announce that he will retire at the end of next season.

We will likely bring in someone else (to pair with Dwight long-term) in the summer if 2014. It would be great to have Kobe play at least one year with that guy - whoever he may be.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#22 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 10,932 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted March 31, 2013 - 05:32 AM

I think Kobe's dream scenario is to win a title in the next couple of years where he can ride off in the sunset. 

I agree thats how he wants to go out. But I hope its not the complete opposite of that where hes getting carried off the court with a serious bone break or something. (knock on wood)

#23 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,550 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted March 31, 2013 - 07:06 AM

I agree thats how he wants to go out. But I hope its not the complete opposite of that where hes getting carried off the court with a serious bone break or something. (knock on wood)

why would u even think that?

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#24 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 10,932 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted March 31, 2013 - 07:14 AM

why would u even think that?

1. Current bone spur in foot.

2. Nature. 36 years old. regardless of his conditioning certain things have started to break down.

3. Anything is possible and his entire career hes defied the odds. He never had the DRose type injury. And usually odds have a bad way of catching up to you.

Edited by LakersGAFan, March 31, 2013 - 07:15 AM.

#25 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,550 posts

Posted March 31, 2013 - 07:19 AM

1. Current bone spur in foot.
2. Nature. 36 years old. regardless of his conditioning certain things have started to break down.
3. Anything is possible and his entire career hes defied the odds. He never had the DRose type injury. And usually odds have a bad way of catching up to you.

right.. How about not think about it and Kobe will just play.

It would be cool for Kobe to avg 25-30 in the next 2-3 seasons and then become a pg an avg 9-12 apg in his last few seasons and lead the league in assist.

He would troll everyone. Wilt did it one season. Why not?

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#26 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,007 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted March 31, 2013 - 07:52 AM

dwight is crying in a corner after hearing this LOL

always imagined he would do something like this.

he should get more rest at his age...

Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#27 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 10,932 posts

Posted March 31, 2013 - 08:12 AM

right.. How about not think about it and Kobe will just play.

It would be cool for Kobe to avg 25-30 in the next 2-3 seasons and then become a pg an avg 9-12 apg in his last few seasons and lead the league in assist.

He would troll everyone. Wilt did it one season. Why not?

Yea, I agree. I dont want him to ever stop man. I dont know wtf Ill feel like as a fan AK (After Kobe). But its inevitable. And I know I dont want to see him stop because of a D-Rose/Rond type injury. That would suck sooooo bad.

What I want to see, I want him to pass MJ in scoring for sure. Only 860 points to do that. It would be great if he could catch Karl, but he will need to average 27ppg until mid 2015/16 season. Thats a long time. But pass MJ and Hopefully get ring 6 (somehow????) and I'd stop on that dime.

#28 TheOriginalCZM

TheOriginalCZM

Rookie

• 823 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Brian Scalabrine

Posted March 31, 2013 - 08:43 AM

this still won't stop mitch k. """"IF"""" dwight asks to trade away Kobe if he's going to resign. Lol

#29 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 10,932 posts

Posted March 31, 2013 - 08:46 AM

this still won't stop mitch k. """"IF"""" dwight asks to trade away Kobe if he's going to resign. Lol

D12 aint gonna do that. Ya know how people say never say never? Well I'm saying NEVER!

#30 TheOriginalCZM

TheOriginalCZM

Rookie

• 823 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Brian Scalabrine

Posted March 31, 2013 - 09:35 AM

Kobe's really waiting to see if Jordan is going to comeback so he can get another shot now that i think about it lol

but that would be something to see Kobe vs Jordan again. Even if he's 50 yrs old

Edited by TheSuperbeast, March 31, 2013 - 09:38 AM.

#31 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,550 posts

Posted March 31, 2013 - 11:05 AM

Yea, I agree. I dont want him to ever stop man. I dont know wtf Ill feel like as a fan AK (After Kobe). But its inevitable. And I know I dont want to see him stop because of a D-Rose/Rond type injury. That would suck sooooo bad.

What I want to see, I want him to pass MJ in scoring for sure. Only 860 points to do that. It would be great if he could catch Karl, but he will need to average 27ppg until mid 2015/16 season. Thats a long time. But pass MJ and Hopefully get ring 6 (somehow????) and I'd stop on that dime.

2 more seasons of playing what hes playing right now. I think he can do it. Hes shocking everyone right now so might as well do it. Kobe knows his records. Getting pass jordan, karl and then Kareem. He knows the value. so i think he will pass kareem by 2016 and in 2017 he would lead the nba in assist and have a total of 7 rings. 

#32 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,011 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 31, 2013 - 03:34 PM

Kobe sets the playing time for Kobe

dantoine does everything else.

#33 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,007 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted March 31, 2013 - 06:01 PM

Kobe sets the playing time for Kobe

D´antoni just yell at the court

Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#34 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 10,932 posts

Posted April 01, 2013 - 03:06 AM

2 more seasons of playing what hes playing right now. I think he can do it. Hes shocking everyone right now so might as well do it. Kobe knows his records. Getting pass jordan, karl and then Kareem. He knows the value. so i think he will pass kareem by 2016 and in 2017 he would lead the nba in assist and have a total of 7 rings. 

Kobes gonna need a lotta Ice...lol. Gary Vitti bout to put in some over time. Honestly I dont see KB playing beyond 2015 season. Thats where I predict he retires.

#35 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 3,951 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted April 01, 2013 - 05:27 AM

Kobe dont need to playing 47 mins nor does he need to think about being a PG in 2 yrs. smfh. do you Kobe your a SG!

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#36 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 2,858 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted April 01, 2013 - 08:24 AM

He is joking...I think he plays with media and sign a new contract in 2015 for like 1or 2 last seasons!!!

LAKERS FOR LIFE!

BIGGEST LAKERS FAN FROM COLOGNE, GERMANY BABY!!!

#37 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,550 posts

Posted April 01, 2013 - 09:06 AM

Kobe dont need to playing 47 mins nor does he need to think about being a PG in 2 yrs. smfh. do you Kobe your a SG!

wilt lead the league in assist in 1 year..

#38 idontevenknow

idontevenknow

Rookie

• 91 posts
  • Name:Zeus
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted April 01, 2013 - 09:42 AM

Would you guys want Kobe at pg for a couple years after 2014???

#39 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Starter

• 5,307 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted April 01, 2013 - 09:47 AM

When Jason Kidd was traded to Dallas, the year we got Pau, and Chris paul ripped him up, How many years did you think he had left?

I never would have predicted this many.

Same with Steve nash being traded to the Suns.

Kobe could play for a while if he wants to.

I hope he continues to play, and bring his knowledge to the court.

He could be a player coach after 20 years of on the job experience and thats 3 seasons away.

If Kobe were to have a good back-up, he could play to 40.

#40 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 2,745 posts

Posted April 01, 2013 - 10:12 AM

I have a feeling he will be a player-coach. As far as I know, only Russell did it and won the title. If you are aiming at G.O.A.T title, why not achieve the rarest thing?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users