Riddle me this?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,397 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted March 29, 2013 - 05:00 AM

Crack the Combination:
39-36-34-33-33-32-30

#2 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,143 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted March 29, 2013 - 05:01 AM

Crack the Combination:
39-36-34-33-33-32-30

Those aint the only players on team so I dont care about code. Play entire roster
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#3 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,768 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted March 29, 2013 - 05:40 AM

That's the number of wins MDA will get as the lakers coach the next six seasons?

#4 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,380 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 29, 2013 - 07:36 AM

Ages of our main rotation outside of D12

#5 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,397 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted March 29, 2013 - 08:34 AM

Ages of our main rotation outside of D12

DING DING!

That is the biggest issue the Lakers are forced to deal with down the stretch. Everyone of them with a key nagging injury. Were fragile. Its not a curse or bad luck. Its actually more than probable a bunch of NBA players over 30 all have injuries at the tail end of a grueling season where they've been forced to play hard every minute in efforts to salvage a season and be a 8 seed. Actually if we remained healthy that would have defied all odds.

And that problem doesn't go away regardless of who coaches or who leads or who moves the ball or who starts....etc.

Our core rotation is old. Thats the reality. And next season the problem gets worse by another year. PJ could coach this team and injuries at the tail end of the season are still imminent. Theres no escaping it.

Regardless if we sneak into the 8th seed this season or not, and regardless of the outcome Its time to make big roster changes and focus on a future based around D12.

#6 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,095 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted March 29, 2013 - 09:29 AM

DING DING!

That is the biggest issue the Lakers are forced to deal with down the stretch. Everyone of them with a key nagging injury. Were fragile. Its not a curse or bad luck. Its actually more than probable a bunch of NBA players over 30 all have injuries at the tail end of a grueling season where they've been forced to play hard every minute in efforts to salvage a season and be a 8 seed. Actually if we remained healthy that would have defied all odds.

And that problem doesn't go away regardless of who coaches or who leads or who moves the ball or who starts....etc.

Our core rotation is old. Thats the reality. And next season the problem gets worse by another year. PJ could coach this team and injuries at the tail end of the season are still imminent. Theres no escaping it.

Regardless if we sneak into the 8th seed this season or not, and regardless of the outcome Its time to make big roster changes and focus on a future based around D12.

True but not so true, Look at the Spurs they have some Pretty old guys as well, Timmy, Manu, Sjax, Diaw  etc

It's MDA he's the problem he cant coach for crap. like in the Minny game why did he leave Dwight in there when he knows he will get the Hack at Dwight thing? Take him out let him  sit for 54 seconds (thats when they started it at 2:54) then bring him back in under 2 min, It's  that simple 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#7 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted March 29, 2013 - 12:27 PM

I told everybody this was an extremely old team and we should look into drafting good young talent

#8 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

Rookie

• 979 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted March 29, 2013 - 01:14 PM

I told everybody this was an extremely old team and we should look into drafting good young talent

Uh huh but who's listening?

#9 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,759 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted March 29, 2013 - 01:30 PM

Uh huh but who's listening?

Maybe we shoud have been.

The Spurs are old but get away with it because they have a deep bench and a coach who understands how to manage an old team so that they are rested and healthy when the POs start.

We have a terrible coach and no bench ... where does respnsibility lie for those issues?

#10 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,143 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted March 29, 2013 - 01:37 PM

Like I already said play your entire roster like spurs basically do.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#11 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted March 29, 2013 - 01:39 PM

Like I already said play your entire roster like spurs basically do.

But everybody on the spurs have a specific Role while they are on the floor

#12 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,759 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted March 29, 2013 - 01:40 PM

Love watching the Spurs play when they are healthy and "on".  BBall the way it was intended.

#13 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,035 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted March 29, 2013 - 01:46 PM

Here's another one, tougher though, but it helps explain why age alone isn't a huge issue.

37-33-32-32-28.

It's really not as big of a deal as people think. It's just that the Lakers have to play like an older team and adjust their offense and defense accordingly. For example, not taking so many 3's when you're top 5 in attempts but only average in % might help eliminate long rebounds that lead quickly into transition. Just a thought... 

#14 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,397 posts

Posted March 29, 2013 - 04:09 PM

Spurs have a 13 man deep rotation. So TD, Manu and Parker can rest. Actually only them Jackson and Bonner are over 30 years old.

We have a 9 man deep rotation and 6 of those 9 are 30+ years old. lol. And Hill is injured and out. So really its a 8 man roster.

Playing Ebanks, Sacre, Meeks or Morris full time isnt going to do squat. Thats whay they dont play consistent minutes.

Check box scores, when Pau was out there were games where we only played 7 people.

And you can blame MDT all you want....BUT WHO THE [expletive] ELSE IS HE GOING TO PLAY?

#15 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,431 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 29, 2013 - 04:11 PM

Crack the Combination:
39-36-34-33-33-32-30

My guess would have been the number of Lakers turnovers recently.

#16 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,380 posts

Posted March 29, 2013 - 04:14 PM

This team is breaking down. Simple as that.

It's a combination of the system, age, short rotation leading to big minutes and the huge hole the team had to get out of to get back into playoff position.

Not sure how this team is going to do it next year. If MDA is back, they need a new personnel.

Honestly, only thing that makes sense with this team is a one year run with Phil Jackson.

#17 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,035 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted March 29, 2013 - 05:15 PM

It's a combination of the system, age, short rotation leading to big minutes and the huge hole the team had to get out of to get back into playoff position.

Not sure how this team is going to do it next year. If MDA is back, they need a new personnel.

Honestly, only thing that makes sense with this team is a one year run with Phil Jackson.

It's doable, they just have to play the right way. The numbers I posted above were the 4th quarter crunch time lineup ages for the Mavs in 2011, and those guys beat the Heat. MDA just won't cut it. Kobe can't be carrying the team playing 40 minutes a game at 34 years of age. Instead the Lakers need to play more inside out and a Kobe-Dwight 2 man game with Nash spreading the floor, rather than MWP shooting 12 times a game. Some defense would be nice too. 

#18 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,397 posts

Posted March 29, 2013 - 06:39 PM

It's doable, they just have to play the right way. The numbers I posted above were the 4th quarter crunch time lineup ages for the Mavs in 2011, and those guys beat the Heat. MDA just won't cut it. Kobe can't be carrying the team playing 40 minutes a game at 34 years of age. Instead the Lakers need to play more inside out and a Kobe-Dwight 2 man game with Nash spreading the floor, rather than MWP shooting 12 times a game. Some defense would be nice too. 

I agree with both of you. Most of us are all in agreeance that in NBA terms were over the hill. Looking at the Spurs roster got me thinking. Build around D12. Use KB off the ball. Even Nash is keepable. But Pau and Meta are pretty much useless FOR US at this point. trade them to a team that is looking for a veteran leader. Get some fresh athletic legs and were in serious business. And cut the weak sauce on the bench and get real contributors.

The flip side to this argument is the Heat have 10 players over 30....lol. But one is Wade at 31 and the rest are bench and role players who dont play 30+ minutes/game like ours do. So that proves our rotation sucks. But like I said before its not really MDT's fault because he doesnt have the player personnel to have a rotation like the Heat or Spurs.

#19 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,380 posts

Posted March 29, 2013 - 06:57 PM

I agree with both of you. Most of us are all in agreeance that in NBA terms were over the hill. Looking at the Spurs roster got me thinking. Build around D12. Use KB off the ball. Even Nash is keepable. But Pau and Meta are pretty much useless FOR US at this point. trade them to a team that is looking for a veteran leader. Get some fresh athletic legs and were in serious business. And cut the weak sauce on the bench and get real contributors.

The flip side to this argument is the Heat have 10 players over 30....lol. But one is Wade at 31 and the rest are bench and role players who dont play 30+ minutes/game like ours do. So that proves our rotation sucks. But like I said before its not really MDT's fault because he doesnt have the player personnel to have a rotation like the Heat or Spurs.

It also has to do with D'Antoni because as a coach, you adjust your system to fit your players, you don't adjust your players to fit your system.

For me, I was behind D'Antoni until he started his BS games with Gasol and his intelligent "Two big men can't play in the post" comment.

I do agree that he doesn't have the personnel but at the same time, he was known in Phx and NY to use short rotations so this is something he does. Miami does have older players but they also have the best player in the game who gets his teammates involved while also dominating offensively when he wants.

One thing that could help this team if MDA is the coach is a defensive coach. That's not a want, it's a necessity for this team. The whole energy thing is great but this team lacks defensive schemes which hurts us in close games.

#20 K-Kris

K-Kris

Forum Browser

• 615 posts
  • Name:Kris
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 29, 2013 - 07:21 PM

Here's another one, tougher though, but it helps explain why age alone isn't a huge issue.

37-33-32-32-28..

Minutes per game?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users