Photo

Lakers injury list

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,212 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 27, 2013 - 02:14 PM

Make no mistake how the injury bug has plagued the Lakers this season but lets delve deeper into how much and how many games missed by our playeres has added up this year so far...

LAL games missed to injury

Jordan Hill: 42
Blake: 37;
Gasol: 33(best stretch of the season);
Nash: 24;
MWP: next 6 weeks;
Howard: 6;
Bryant: 2;

All I have to say is wow...

Best we can hope for now is to stay healthy for whats left of the season.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#2 idontevenknow

idontevenknow

Rookie

• 91 posts
  • Name:Zeus
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted March 27, 2013 - 02:50 PM

Can somebody with actual basketball knowledge explain to me why this team runs so much better without Gasol? And its not up for debate because the numbers don't lie

• 40,556 posts

Posted March 27, 2013 - 02:55 PM

Complete defensive liability for the most part, far too hesitant & unselfish on the offensive end, unwilling and or afraid of physical contact/banging down low, lacks self-motivation/fire/hunger/true passion.

yo.

#4 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,327 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted March 27, 2013 - 02:57 PM

Funny thing is I posted something similiar on yahoo earlier today:

Starting PG Nash (has only played 47 gms)
Backup PG Blake (has only played 34 gms)
Starting PF Pau (has only played 38 gms)
Backup PF Hill (has only played 29 gms)
Kobe (has played 69 gms)
MWP (has played 70 gms)
D12 (has played 65 gms)
As good as CLark has played he is now dealing w dead leg (only played 48gms)

Main starters have only played 189 mins together all season

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#5 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,420 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted March 27, 2013 - 04:15 PM

Every team gets injuries. The Lakers could have zero injuries, their fate would be the same. Blown out of the playoffs.

#6 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,212 posts

Posted March 27, 2013 - 08:53 PM

Funny thing is I posted something similiar on yahoo earlier today:

Starting PG Nash (has only played 47 gms)
Backup PG Blake (has only played 34 gms)
Starting PF Pau (has only played 38 gms)
Backup PF Hill (has only played 29 gms)
Kobe (has played 69 gms)
MWP (has played 70 gms)
D12 (has played 65 gms)
As good as CLark has played he is now dealing w dead leg (only played 48gms)

As topheavy as the Lakers are(been that way for years especially the shaq/kobe era). That with this many injuries they are dealing with they are even in contention.

Gotta hope for no more injuries the rest of the way.

#7 Mumford

Mumford

Rookie

• 168 posts

Posted March 28, 2013 - 06:58 AM

Enough to see the terrible basketball they run.

#8 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,572 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted March 28, 2013 - 07:11 AM

Other than Hill and Howard were old so injuries down the stretch of the long NBA season isn't a shocker.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#9 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,327 posts

Posted March 28, 2013 - 09:24 AM

Every team gets injuries. The Lakers could have zero injuries, their fate would be the same. Blown out of the playoffs.

if there is no just playing after this ^^ comment I can never take you seriously again.

#10 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,327 posts

Posted March 28, 2013 - 09:36 AM

Other than Hill and Howard were old so injuries down the stretch of the long NBA season isn't a shocker.

yea but LAs were at begining of season that were the most determential for them getting off to a horrible start

#11 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,212 posts

Posted March 29, 2013 - 04:15 PM

Lakers have 14 players. Seven of them are on the injury report for tomorrow in SAC. Kobe (foot) is listed as ...

questionable right now. Besides Metta (knee) and Jordan Hill (hip) being out, everyone else is probable -- including Nash (right hip stiffness) despite not playing down the stretch last night.

The other probables are Pau (foot), Antawn (wrist) and Dwight (shoulder).

BTW, of the 14 players, two of them were getting kidded ("Why are you in the game?!") before the game last night in Milwaukee because they were actually playing in the previous meeting vs. the Bucks on Jan. 15: youngsters Darius Morris and Robert Sacre.

#12 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,230 posts

Posted March 29, 2013 - 04:34 PM

Besides Kobe, Nash, and Dwight, Hill is obviously the one player we most the miss.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#13 leor_77

leor_77

Hall Of Fame

• 8,409 posts

Posted March 29, 2013 - 09:57 PM

At full strength, the Bulls are not as talented as us...Yet, they've had just as bad of an injury situation, if not worse, and even with this, they have a better record than us and are in the playoffs. Injuries obviously are a factor, but not as big a factor that a team like this misses the playoffs because of it. Injuries don't make you into a pathetic .500 team. I'm not going to be drinking the cool-aid that Mitch and Jim will try to sell about injuries being why we missed the playoffs.

Edited by leor_77, March 29, 2013 - 09:59 PM.

#14 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 29, 2013 - 10:31 PM

Welp... hope we have AARP.

#15 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,849 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted March 30, 2013 - 05:55 AM

Last year it was, "we didn't have a training camp." This off season I hope it isn't, "injuries derailed our season." The excuse kept brown around for an 0-8 pre season and a 1-4 regular season start. Immediately firing dantoni the minute the season is done will go a long way in making me comfortable with the FO. Picking two horrid coaches and keeping them around would be a bummer

#16 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,212 posts

Posted March 30, 2013 - 06:45 AM

Last year it was, "we didn't have a training camp." This off season I hope it isn't, "injuries derailed our season." The excuse kept brown around for an 0-8 pre season and a 1-4 regular season start. Immediately firing dantoni the minute the season is done will go a long way in making me comfortable with the FO. Picking two horrid coaches and keeping them around would be a bummer

You aren't getting Phil back.

So even if D'antoni was fired you wouldn't get Phil and would be disappointed anyway.

You also aren't getting Shaw and if you've seen one Pacers game you would bash your head on a desk if our offense was as sloppy.

We also don't have the capability of having an athletic defensive 4(he's injured) so we wouldn't be playing defense like the Pacers either.

Adelman is also retiring after this year.

So before you jump on the fire D'antoni bandwagon. Understand you won't be getting Phil, Shaw, or Adelman and ask yourself who you'd truly be alright with.

And then realize all your hopes resting on Phil returning will never happen and the alternatives would leave you feeling just as empty :)

#17 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,849 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted March 30, 2013 - 06:58 AM

So even if D'antoni was fired you wouldn't get Phil and would be disappointed anyway.

You also aren't getting Shaw and if you've seen one Pacers game you would bash your head on a desk if our offense was as sloppy.

We also don't have the capability of having an athletic defensive 4(he's injured) so we wouldn't be playing defense like the Pacers either.

So before you jump on the fire D'antoni bandwagon. Understand you won't be getting Phil, Shaw, or Adelman and ask yourself who you'd truly be alright with.

And then realize all your hopes resting on Phil returning will never happen and the alternatives
would leave you feeling just as empty :)

I know Phil isn't coming, and I know Bryan Shaw isn't the answer. But come on! MDA stinks up the joint. I am sure that someone, better than the current coach, will come available. Shoot go to any high school around here and I think you'd find someone better. Or even the Rec center.

#18 Alpha Four

Alpha Four

Fugitive Alien

• 501 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 30, 2013 - 02:41 PM

And then realize all your hopes resting on Phil returning will never happen and the alternatives would leave you feeling just as empty :)

Post of the year here.

Love how people think we can just throw MDA away whilst STILL  paying Mike Brown for three more years.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#19 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,420 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted March 31, 2013 - 10:26 AM

Dantoni is 152-196 since leaving the Suns.  That is not someone I would want running the premiere franchise in the NBA with the highest payroll in the league, but what do I know about hiring head coaches, I'm not the one that is going to be paying Mike Brown for the next 3 years to sit around at home, probably paying Dantoni to golf for a few seasons after there is rioting in the streets when the Lakers miss the playoffs in a few days/weeks, all after giving the middle finger to the greatest coach the game has ever seen when he showed interest in coaching the team.  This was all done in a 6 month time frame.  The Jim Buss era is off to a great start.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users