#21 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,098 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 22, 2013 - 04:26 PM

Draft is so deep. I'm probably gonna watch all seven rounds...well I do that every year anyway. Go to a sports bar and pick up some hot honey barbecue wings and chill all night.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#22 kobedoinwork

kobedoinwork

Rookie

• 750 posts
  • Name:Matthew
  • Fan Since:Born

Posted April 22, 2013 - 06:16 PM

Anyone else really excited about the draft it is so fun to watch!

#23 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,211 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted April 22, 2013 - 09:00 PM

Draft is so deep. I'm probably gonna watch all seven rounds...well I do that every year anyway. Go to a sports bar and pick up some hot honey barbecue wings and chill all night.

Sounds about right

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#24 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,258 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted April 22, 2013 - 09:14 PM

I love the draft. Exciting time.

I made a full 7 round Packers mock with a write-up for each pick. I might post it in here.

#25 kobedoinwork

kobedoinwork

Rookie

• 750 posts

Posted April 23, 2013 - 01:46 AM

Do it, as a fellow packer can I would like to see your thoughts

#26 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,258 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted April 23, 2013 - 07:47 AM

2013 Packers Final Mock Draft

1) Datone Jones DE UCLA
Jones, who stands 6’4 at 283 lbs, is a versatile DL with athleticism to boot. After a promising freshman season, Jones posted an impressive 30 tackles, 11 TFL, and 4 sacks his sophomore year. Fast-forward to his senior season and Jones proved his early production was no fluke, as he put up 57 tackles, 17.5 TFL, and 6 sacks. His athleticism on the D-Line poses problems for opposing offensive linemen and his use of hands allows him space in the trenches, where he is an effective tackler. He is strong and stout at the point of attack, and although he may not turn out to be an elite edge rushing 5-Tech, his motor and athleticism alone will serve him just fine in being able to pressure tihe opposing teams backfield. He plays with excellent pad-level and his power alone will often lead him to bursting through gaps in the offensive line. At the end of Round 1, he is a perfect mix of value and need for the Packers.

2) Robert Woods WR USC
Woods has that ‘look’ to his game that seems would fit well with what the packers like to see in their wideouts. Woods, 6’1 201 lbs, has good size and has a fundamentally sound skill set and game. His production was promising as a true freshman but he had his coming out party a year later, as he caught 111 passes for 1,292 yards and 15 TD’s his sophomore season. His production took a backseat in 2012 to his fellow teammate and sophomore stud Marqis Lee, but he stayed consistent enough to garner early round consideration in the ’13 draft. Woods is an exceptional rout runner and catches the ball with his hands, rarely with his body. He is crisp, sharp, and clean coming out of his breaks and has the vision and shiftiness to pile up the YAC ones he gets the ball in space. He has good enough speed to outrun most defenders but his real talent is when he works between the seams as his quick feet a nd vision allows him to elude pursuing defenders in open space. He may go higher than our 2nd, but I won’t rule it out as the WR’s in this class seem to have fluid rankings.

3) Brian Schwenke C CAL
Possesses a solid built frame; prototypical for interior offensive linemen at the next level (6’3 320 lbs). He plays quick in the trenches, which allows him to seal defenders early and often off the snap. He uses good technique and active hands to thwart off defenders. He plays with excellent pad level and keeps his body low to win most leverage battles. Has experience playing every position on the interior and participated in all but 1 game in his collegiate career. Very durable player. He’s capable of starting right away and would easily solve our woes at Center as well as providing interior OL depth.

4) Tony Jefferson FS Oklahoma
Jefferson is a high IQ football player with the athleticism and coverage ability to succeed at the next level. He has the instincts and versatility to play in either man or zone schemes and is a willing tackler at the safety position. He’s shown he has fluid enough hips to hold his own in coverage and plays with an aggressive attitude. His motor on the defense side allows him to make commendable hustle plays. He shows good enough ball skills and awareness in the backfield to show he is capable of playing as a FS in the pros.

5) Dion Sims TE Michigan State
I think Sims falls to the end of the 5th due to durability concerns and he’s not as polished offensively as most teams would like. Sims is an intriguing TE prospect due to his size alone. He posted solid numbers at the combine that should put to rest concerns about his athleticism because of his size. He’s a solid blocking TE; perhaps the best blocking TE in the draft. He does have solid hands, however he looks a little stiff as a receiver and he won’t ‘wow’ you with his offensive talents. He does have quick feet and good speed when he gets into the open field. He’d be solid pickup in the 5th.

5 COMP) Kwame Geathers NT Georgia
A mammoth of a player, even as a NT, Kwame has the size NFL teams look for at NT. At 6’6 and 330+ pounds, Kwame looks the part of a run-stuffing NT in a 3-4 front. Kwame carries his weight well and his relatively quick for a man of his size. He’s raw as a player and could have gotten early round consideration had he returned for his senior season. His inconsistent play raises questions about his true talent, but his flashes of dominance at times will have teams intrigued enough to roll the dice with him in the mid-late rounds.

6) Jonathan Stewart ILB Texas A&M
A bit of a surprise pick here but Stewart does offer decent upside this late in the draft. Possesses great size at 6’4 240 lbs. He led the A&M defense in tackles in ’11 with 98 (a 3-4 scheme). In ’12 he tallied 81 tackles as the starting MLB in the Aggies’ new 4-3 scheme, which was only a handful less than the leading tackler on the team, Demontre Moore. He has adequate athleticism for the position which allows him success in the box. He wraps up well when tackling and he’s also an above average blitzer for his position.

7) Travis Long OLB Washington State
Low risk, high reward. Coming off a torn ACL, Long’s stock has taken a hit and there’s a good chance he could be available at the end of the 7th. With the departing of Walden and Zombo, depth at the position is needed behind Clay, Nick, and Moses. Long won’t ‘wow’ anyone with his athleticism, but his motor, work ethic, and IQ are the reasons to why he had quality production as a 3-4 OLB in Washington St.’s defense. This could be a sleeper pick that pays some dividends in the future.

Edited by Lakerace24, April 23, 2013 - 07:50 AM.

#27 kobedoinwork

kobedoinwork

Rookie

• 750 posts

Posted April 23, 2013 - 03:25 PM

Don't mind anyone you picked, I think they might take a running back in the middle rounds but I heard benson is visiting the packers and he might resign with us depending on where he is at with his injury and recover

#28 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,630 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted April 23, 2013 - 10:03 PM

I imagine GB picking TE, WR or RB 1st. don't know why. I could just as easily see them trading down.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#29 kobedoinwork

kobedoinwork

Rookie

• 750 posts

Posted April 24, 2013 - 12:45 AM

I honestly hope they don't take a TE, I think we give Finley another year, and see what he does, WR I wouldn't mind, hopefully the guy from Clemson or Tennessee. But I hope we draft someone on the defensive side or an offensive linemen

#30 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,098 posts

Posted April 24, 2013 - 08:25 AM

Good read on the nfl draft waiting room

http://m.espn.go.com...storyId=9206590

Pau Gasol is GONE

#31 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,630 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted April 24, 2013 - 12:09 PM

I honestly hope they don't take a TE, I think we give Finley another year, and see what he does, WR I wouldn't mind, hopefully the guy from Clemson or Tennessee. But I hope we draft someone on the defensive side or an offensive linemen

With TT you never know. Our high draft picks used for the lines are hit and miss (mostly miss).

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#32 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted April 25, 2013 - 12:28 AM

It's hard to get excited for a draft that's mostly about lineman.

The Raiders need help just about everywhere, so it doesn't really matter I guess. I would try to trade down if I were them. If the draft truly is deep, maybe they can find a lot of players who can play on the team this year.

Posted Image

#33 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,447 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted April 25, 2013 - 05:14 AM

Falcons Final Mock Draft Predictions
Round 1, No. 30 Overall: CB Desmond Trufant, Washington

Round 2, No. 60 Overall: DE/LB Corey Lemonier, Auburn

Round 3, No. 92 Overall: TE Gavin Escobar, San Diego State

Round 4, No. 127 Overall: DT Nick Williams, Samford

Round 4, No. 133 Overall: OLB Jelani Jenkins, Florida

Round 5, No. 163 Overall: DT T.J. Barnes, Georgia Tech

Round 6, No. 198 Overall: WR/RS Josh Boyce, Texas Christian

Round 7, No. 236 Overall: RB George Winn, Cincinnati

Round 7, No. 243 Overall: OLB Michael Clay, Oregon

Round 7, No. 244 Overall: CB Rod Sweeting, Georgia Tech

Round 7, No. 249 Overall: OL Terren Jones, Alabama State

Edited by LakersGAFan, April 25, 2013 - 05:14 AM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#34 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,098 posts

Posted April 25, 2013 - 06:04 AM

It's hard to get excited for a draft that's mostly about lineman.

The Raiders need help just about everywhere, so it doesn't really matter I guess. I would try to trade down if I were them. If the draft truly is deep, maybe they can find a lot of players who can play on the team this year.

This draft has a lot of depth and linemen are arguably the most important positions on the field. In addition to a good stock of linemen, this draft has Corners, Linebackers, Wide Receievers, etc.

Edited by Windu, April 25, 2013 - 06:09 AM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#35 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,211 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted April 25, 2013 - 09:40 AM

Great linemen are underrated to the average fan. Not a splashy position but without a great O line you go nowhere.

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#36 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted April 25, 2013 - 10:04 AM

They're obviously very important. It's just easier to get excited over the "skill" positions, especially QB.

Posted Image

#37 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,098 posts

Posted April 25, 2013 - 10:50 AM

So hype

Pau Gasol is GONE

#38 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,313 posts
  • Fan Since:'06
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe 'Bean' Bryant.

Posted April 25, 2013 - 10:57 AM

I don't even watch football, but since Margus Hunt is predicted to go sometime in the 1st round i'm gonna keep my eye on the draft.

Edited by Makaveli, April 25, 2013 - 11:03 AM.

#39 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,098 posts

Posted April 25, 2013 - 04:06 PM

Let's go!

Pau Gasol is GONE

#40 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold