25 replies to this topic

#21 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,081 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted March 28, 2013 - 02:11 PM

there needs to be a bio on Real Deal and his thoughts on subjects.. like comparing Kobe v Mike

ap1.png

#22 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,726 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted March 28, 2013 - 02:31 PM

me and Tyson and Lee challenged him to a debate 2 years ago, he just insulted us and pulled the im-a-writer-from-yahoo-so-my-argument-is-not-flawed card. He's just pathetic. 

#23 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 29, 2013 - 02:20 AM

We just finished up a chat through email.  Interesting how it went.  Basically, any kind of debate involving the things he says was avoided...big time, as in, completely ignored...but he read every single word I wrote (which was about 10 paragraphs), and he replied back, speaking solely about how it took him 15 years to get where he's at with Yahoo, that I should write on my own, that message boards are for debates rather than picking up full-time gigs, etc.

I'm pretty sure he understood exactly what I mean when I say a lot of journalists write for reactions, rather than to spread knowledge...but, again, I got nothing out of him.

Alex Kennedy used to write for me, and when he found his way into a paying job, I noticed he started to say things for a reaction.  He wasn't doing it as frequently as Dwyer, but it's still there...and maybe it's necessary.  My biggest problem was that, simply put, I felt Dwyer does it far too often.  He knows the traffic he can get if he criticizes Kobe, from the biggest fanbase in the league.

That's really where I stand with all of this.

#24 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,014 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 29, 2013 - 03:23 AM

^ then be the man of change :)

Be the underground rapper that never started making booty songs when he went mainstream.

You can be a different type of analyst, one that doesn't BS could gather a lot of respect as opposed to those that "mainstream" it by directing traffic and being a "no homer" is what was most respected about Hearn. He is the example of bravery and honesty that announcers nor many journalists know much about nowadays and is a near exinct breed.

Make them remember! Im sure there's a lot of gathering fans that wish for it.

Edited by Majesty, March 29, 2013 - 03:25 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#25 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 29, 2013 - 10:09 AM

Do it if you have the time.

Posted Image

• 40,377 posts

Posted March 29, 2013 - 11:33 AM

Follow your dreams and school these phonies. You've got all the skill & talent. Don't hold back.

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users