• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 RobBlake

Sixth Man

• 3,459 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted March 28, 2013 - 02:11 PM

there needs to be a bio on Real Deal and his thoughts on subjects.. like comparing Kobe v Mike

#22 5thDroog

• 14,731 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted March 28, 2013 - 02:31 PM

me and Tyson and Lee challenged him to a debate 2 years ago, he just insulted us and pulled the im-a-writer-from-yahoo-so-my-argument-is-not-flawed card. He's just pathetic. 

#23 Real Deal

Real Deal

• 15,057 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 29, 2013 - 02:20 AM

We just finished up a chat through email.  Interesting how it went.  Basically, any kind of debate involving the things he says was avoided...big time, as in, completely ignored...but he read every single word I wrote (which was about 10 paragraphs), and he replied back, speaking solely about how it took him 15 years to get where he's at with Yahoo, that I should write on my own, that message boards are for debates rather than picking up full-time gigs, etc.

I'm pretty sure he understood exactly what I mean when I say a lot of journalists write for reactions, rather than to spread knowledge...but, again, I got nothing out of him.

Alex Kennedy used to write for me, and when he found his way into a paying job, I noticed he started to say things for a reaction.  He wasn't doing it as frequently as Dwyer, but it's still there...and maybe it's necessary.  My biggest problem was that, simply put, I felt Dwyer does it far too often.  He knows the traffic he can get if he criticizes Kobe, from the biggest fanbase in the league.

That's really where I stand with all of this.

#24 Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 48,196 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 29, 2013 - 03:23 AM

^ then be the man of change :)

Be the underground rapper that never started making booty songs when he went mainstream.

You can be a different type of analyst, one that doesn't BS could gather a lot of respect as opposed to those that "mainstream" it by directing traffic and being a "no homer" is what was most respected about Hearn. He is the example of bravery and honesty that announcers nor many journalists know much about nowadays and is a near exinct breed.

Make them remember! Im sure there's a lot of gathering fans that wish for it.

Edited by Majesty, March 29, 2013 - 03:25 AM.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#25 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 29, 2013 - 10:09 AM

Do it if you have the time.

Posted Image

• 41,861 posts

Posted March 29, 2013 - 11:33 AM

Follow your dreams and school these phonies. You've got all the skill & talent. Don't hold back.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users