#21 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,823 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted March 28, 2013 - 08:24 AM

You're looking purely at two stats, the most misleading way to evaluate a player.

The kid is one-faceted and half of his offense is illegal.  But hey, enjoy all you want.  The truth will shine through in the end.

Really we are gonna talk about illegal play and players that get away with a lot due to their star name? This is the NBA that has been happening for decades dont down play griffin because you dont like that he gets that treatment when a number of other players get it. He might be one faceted now but if you watch him play he is starting to work on a jumper and trying to get footwork down low, gotta start somewhere. I think the fact that he can put up 20 and 10 almost every night just on dunking shows that he can be a force when he gets more of a game.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, March 28, 2013 - 08:24 AM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#22 I still miss OTR

I still miss OTR

Rookie

• 140 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Devean George

Posted March 28, 2013 - 11:37 AM

I'll say this. As much as you hate him, he is in fact a star. But don't confuse that term with him being elite or being a franchise player, he's not. He's a star in terms of being popular amongst fans and putting up pretty good stats.
(....)

With players like Griffin, you'll see how good they actually are in a few years as their athleticism declines. What happens to his game and stats when he can't run out in transition, jump over people for dunks, or jump higher to get a rebound? Is he gonna rely on that inconsistent jumpshot? Funny.

I agree he's popular.

And yeah, when his atheticism decilnes - his sun will set.

I'm still mad the Lakers lost to the C's in the Finals a few yrs ago!

ofznnl.png

facebook.com/BenchOnAQuest

#23 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,924 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 02, 2013 - 01:04 AM

Enjoy the superficial game Philly.

In the grand scheme of things he is a meaningless player.  Good for promotional stuff and for oohs and aahs (since the refs don't call him for charging, which he does on about 90% of his dunks), but when ti comes down to it defense, rebounds and fundamentals win games.  3 things that Griffin hasn't gotten close to.

#24 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,823 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted April 02, 2013 - 07:34 PM

Enjoy the superficial game Philly.

In the grand scheme of things he is a meaningless player.  Good for promotional stuff and for oohs and aahs (since the refs don't call him for charging, which he does on about 90% of his dunks), but when ti comes down to it defense, rebounds and fundamentals win games.  3 things that Griffin hasn't gotten close to.

The dude averages 10.5 rebs a game for his career how cant he rebound? People can say all they want that well he has CP3 to set him up but he avged 22.5/12.1 before cp3 even came and that as a rookie. One demension type player sure I agree but he is so good at what he does that it is enough to be an all star. Like I also said you can see him working on fundamentals and footwork down in the post he is getting better at it.

I love how you make it out that the things he is lacking arent things you can learn, everything you say he is messing you can learn the guy is 24. You cant teach jumping and finishing ability like he has, sure the league gives him calls but they give calls to a bunch of players so dont act like he gets special treatmeat that no one else gets.

You cant knock Blake but then have players like lebron that came into the league and were dominating due to their athletics but had a broke jumper and no sense of the word footwork in the post and didnt even get a semblance of a post game until last year who get praise for finally rounding out their game. Blake is in his thrid year give the kid some time to round out his game, I totally forgot players like MJ  or Kobe came in with a consistent three point shot and the deadly fadeaway.

I get it he's a clipper we dont have to like him, but dont hate on the young kid becaus he is dunking on people. In 4 more years if all he is doing is still just dunking on people then yes I will agree he is overrated, but you cant expect for someone to come out of college and be tremoundous in one area and also solid in every other area, that takes time to do.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, April 02, 2013 - 07:37 PM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Clippers, Griffin, flopper, hate

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users