#21 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,058 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 27, 2013 - 01:38 PM

Nah, it's not all on D'Antoni, but Gasol is still an NBA player. Excellent coaches put players in position to maximize their contributions and abilities, no matter how big or small.

In a double-post, Gasol can facilitate, and it sticks him closer to the rim (to grab o-boards). If he's not going to make any shots, if he can't score...at least he can still do those two things.

D'Antoni has not made changes. It's not by choice, but because he can't. He's not the offensive mastermind people initially thought.

On the contrary, in actuality both Artest and Dwight co-existed in the post very well.

There is a reason why lineups with Artest at the 4 and Dwight at the 5 were effective.

Artest knew what to do, didn't screw up spacing and was willing to do such.

You can't tell me it's all on D'antoni when we've seen Artest and Howard both in the post effectivelyt together.

We have both probably also seen D'antoni try to run double post, the guy has been quoted numerous times about how often he tries to run stuff like that trying to get Gasol involved down low with Dwight.

Each time the same result happens.. Gasol will screw up the spacing or take dominant position(despite not having the ball) which will lead the double straight to Dwight and once it's there Gasol woll back away and eliminate himself from the play and 8 times out of 10 it would result in a turnover.

I've seen the same play numerous times and Gasol is too smart a player to do that.

I keep saying he doesn't "want" to double post with Dwight, he sees it as a sacrifice. He wants to be starting center on this team.

Gasol isn't gonna double post properly with Dwight, if you or anyone else hasn't seen that since January it's a lost cause. We can scream at D'antoni "all you gotta do is this!". But the reality is everytime he's tried Gasol screws it up with his spacing and causes turnovers.

Let's not forget, Phil Jackson even got to a point he couldn't reach Pau.

Pau is unreachable right now. He wants to be starting center, until he gets it you won't get. Proper double post out of him this season unless HE is the 5.

So a lot of it is on Gasol, they run the double post set up, Gasol gets in the wrong position, leads his defender straight to Dwight, that's not D'antoni, that's Gasol. It's not that D'antoni can't coach it, it's Gasol doesn't want to do it.

We ran Ron and Dwight both in the post to great effectiveness, obviously D'antoni knows how. Gasol just isn't gonna play ball. Simple as that.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#22 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,707 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted March 27, 2013 - 01:44 PM

D'Antoni had trouble with an offense that featured Shaq in the post...which is almost laughable.  I can't expect anything more from him at this point.

Because it wasn't "his" system.  Good coaches adjust to the talent they have, not the other way around.

#23 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,302 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted March 27, 2013 - 01:53 PM

we shall suffer a bit more...

Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#24 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,707 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted March 27, 2013 - 02:00 PM

^I fear this is just the start of things in that regard.  The FO has created such a mess, digging out of it will take awhile now.

#25 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,058 posts

Posted March 27, 2013 - 02:04 PM

^I fear this is just the start of things in that regard. The FO has created such a mess, digging out of it will take awhile now.

Right because the front office predicted all these injuries would happen and had a backup plan for each.

So by your logic I could say that the Clippers F0 made a mess for not being able to win if Chris Paul was injured?

If we injure Chris Paul, Blake Griffin and Deandre Jordan and the Clippers start losing, is it their front offices fault then too? By your logic that would be the case :)

#26 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,124 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted March 27, 2013 - 02:12 PM

Right because the front office predicted all these injuries would happen and had a backup plan for each.

So by your logic I could say that the Clippers F0 made a mess for not being able to win if Chris Paul was injured?

If we injure Chris Paul, Blake Griffin and Deandre Jordan and the Clippers start losing, is it their front offices fault then too? By your logic that would be the case :)

Fair point ^^ however Clips have 2 good players at each position so they are better equipped vs LAkers to have a chance at winning gms if those 3 were out.

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#27 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 27, 2013 - 02:18 PM

Posting up a low-percentage player, who is around 6-7 and 260 pounds...is much different than sticking a seven-footer in there, especially one that needs to hold the ball a bit longer (to pass).

Artest doesn't pass, and he has one move to the rim.

Gasol may not have been willing to post up every chance he had down the court, but his IQ is high enough to know how to create space between him and Howard.

D'Antoni doesn't use the double-post, probably doesn't know how, because it simply makes Nash's drives to the rim nearly impossible, and that cuts down on our three-point shooting.  MDA has already limited Nash to the point where we can't run the old Phoenix system that he desired...I doubt he's going to do anything else that turns Nash into more of a shooter.

There are no more excuses for Mike D'Antoni.  He's a bad coach.  He should be paying half of his salary to Nash, who is really the only reason why he has a job right now.  Without Nash, nobody would know who Mike D'Antoni even is.

#28 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,058 posts

Posted March 27, 2013 - 02:19 PM

Fair point ^^ however Clips have 2 good players at each position so they are better equipped vs LAkers to have a chance at winning gms if those 3 were out.

That may be the case, however I doubt they would, as they seem to struggle to win with just Chris Paul out, so taking away Blake and Deandre would probably be a winless stretch for them.

The fact they also have had one of the worst post all-star game records in the west(top 8) with Chris Paul healthy speaks volumes in itself.

They'd be struggling as much as, if not worse than us if they dealt with the injuries we have.

Funny thing is our best stretch of the season was without one of our starters...but im gonna leave that one alone lol.

#29 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,027 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted March 27, 2013 - 02:48 PM

Posting up a low-percentage player, who is around 6-7 and 260 pounds...is much different than sticking a seven-footer in there, especially one that needs to hold the ball a bit longer (to pass).

Artest doesn't pass, and he has one move to the rim.

Gasol may not have been willing to post up every chance he had down the court, but his IQ is high enough to know how to create space between him and Howard.

D'Antoni doesn't use the double-post, probably doesn't know how, because it simply makes Nash's drives to the rim nearly impossible, and that cuts down on our three-point shooting.  MDA has already limited Nash to the point where we can't run the old Phoenix system that he desired...I doubt he's going to do anything else that turns Nash into more of a shooter.

There are no more excuses for Mike D'Antoni.  He's a bad coach.  He should be paying half of his salary to Nash, who is really the only reason why he has a job right now.  Without Nash, nobody would know who Mike D'Antoni even is.

I think Kobe should demand half of Mike's salary, since Kobe is telling Mike what to do

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users