28 replies to this topic

#1 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,921 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 27, 2013 - 08:58 AM

https://twitter.com/...953285909159936

Mike D'Antoni says he's not optimistic that Metta World Peace returns before end of regular season. Jodie Meeks starts tonight vs. Minny.

So he's keeping Pau in the lineup as no other lineup changes were mentioned today, when is he gonna learn, this year's Pau and Howard dont fit together this is not working, put him back on the bench in favor of Clark, this is becoming aggravating now

Edited by MDI, March 27, 2013 - 09:15 AM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#2 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 27, 2013 - 09:03 AM

It still blows my mind that an NBA coach, who was deemed an offensive genius, cannot coach a double-post at any point of the game.

In regards to starting Meeks, it's whatever.  We don't have a choice because we decided to pass on Delonte West.

#3 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted March 27, 2013 - 09:08 AM

to be fair pau is contributing to a lot of his own struggles. dantoni has done his fair share to F this up but I think pau has his own issues

Posted Image

#4 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,715 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted March 27, 2013 - 09:12 AM

I actually think people are putting all of Pau's physical flaws and mental weakness nD'Antoni. D'Antoni is doing a bad job. Pau sucks right now though. He had maybe 6 good games, 2 very good games all season. That's unacceptable.

I had a theory though, I alsways thought it's not ONLY on Pau. I thought Pau/Metta were both two big/slow to play with a Center. So lets see if KObe with two shooters and two bigs, can look like a really good team.

No one picked up Delonte West and with ALL the money the Lakers have paid, Delonte would have made us better, sure, but not a title winner.

$800,000 is a lot of money to the Buss Family, especially to potentially throw down the drain, if this guy really spazzes out.

#5 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,921 posts

Posted March 27, 2013 - 09:14 AM

Oh my God, D'Antoni now is not the freaking time to play games and try to prove a point, bench him already!!! We cant afford to lose tonight

https://twitter.com/...954136690180096

D'Antoni says Gasol will start tonight vs Wolves. Not sure how long Metta (knee) will be out.

Its almost like hes trying to get fired now, we know he doesn't like Pau starting so bench him then, whats the big freaking deal

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#6 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts

Posted March 27, 2013 - 09:18 AM

Nah, it's not all on D'Antoni, but Gasol is still an NBA player.  Excellent coaches put players in position to maximize their contributions and abilities, no matter how big or small.

In a double-post, Gasol can facilitate, and it sticks him closer to the rim (to grab o-boards).  If he's not going to make any shots, if he can't score...at least he can still do those two things.

D'Antoni has not made changes.  It's not by choice, but because he can't.  He's not the offensive mastermind people initially thought.

#7 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,698 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted March 27, 2013 - 09:22 AM

Jodie Meeks ... you cannot stop him you can only hope to slow him down.

#8 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,921 posts

Posted March 27, 2013 - 09:33 AM

I'll say this if we lose tonight we're gonna miss the playoffs, its not just a 1 game thing...tonight is a winnable game against a team we have tormented, not to mention Dallas and Portland are hot on our heels. Even though we have a ton of home games left most are against really good teams so the schedule doesnt get any easier either. I'm starting to lose faith in D'Antoni you helped turn the ship around we were 17-25 at one point and we went up as much as 4 games over .500 last week and now you wanna throw a wrench into the whole thing by limiting Clark and giving a lot of important minutes to a guy who was the culprit for our 1st half struggles (Pau). Just mind boggling. He needs to make the change now instead of doing it too little too late, we cant afford to lose games.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#9 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts

Posted March 27, 2013 - 09:35 AM

Can't really say Meeks' offense will be the issue.  We now have three major defensive liabilities in our starting five.

The only bad thing I can see on the offensive end is us hoisting up more threes, something we don't need to do.  Meeks is a 37% shooter at around 4-5 attempts a game...but 36% overall is around 14th in the NBA (average), which is what we are from beyond the arc, and yet, we attempt the third-most threes per game because we are coached by MDA.

It's nearly April.  If it wasn't crystal clear in January or February, and our little run against average-to-bad teams didn't show it in March...well, I don't know what to say.

#10 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,665 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted March 27, 2013 - 09:50 AM

Well, I'd rather lose now than in the playoffs. Hopefully we get blown the [expletive] out, drop to the 9th/10th seed by the end of this week. Then, we miss the playoffs, fire D'Antoni, trade Pau, and reload for next season.

#11 alec613

alec613

Off The Bench

• 1,439 posts
  • Fan Since:Can't remember
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted March 27, 2013 - 10:01 AM

Nash, Pau, and Meeks.

Opposing players will have a field day

TEAM TANK

TEAMtANK.png

#12 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,715 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted March 27, 2013 - 10:03 AM

Kobe has to stop jacking 3s.. And to be honest

Metta/Clark shot more threes than I expect from Meeks/pau

I think Meeks is the guy that they should leave in theory and I rather him get wide open shots, instead of what he does off the bench , which is play like Sasha Vujacic with Black American athleticism as opposed to Euro toughness(!?!)

I think he can look kinda like what that

Kobe,Sasha, fisher trio used to look like in 2008, that closed games with pau and Lamar.

The problem IS Pau though

What can I expect from him.

i mean why can't he just go out and make something happen?

#13 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,113 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted March 27, 2013 - 11:25 AM

It still blows my mind that an NBA coach, who was deemed an offensive genius, cannot coach a double-post at any point of the game.

In regards to starting Meeks, it's whatever.  We don't have a choice because we decided to pass on Delonte West.

start ebanks & keep Meeks in current role unless Jamison just cant get his hand feeling good enough to play

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#14 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted March 27, 2013 - 12:14 PM

UN[expletive]INGBELIEVABLE. It's really not that difficult. Start Meeks and move Kobe to small forward OR start Clark and Jamison at sf/pf. Done. Mike D'Antoni is going to cost us the playoffs ladies and gentlemen. 

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#15 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted March 27, 2013 - 12:25 PM

THANK. YOU. From the bottom of my [expletive]ing heart & soul. It is not impossible to have two players play in the post!!!!

Imo, Dwight should just get his touches from P&R, or a quick dive to the hoop, just as long as he is on the move. He is dominant because of his quickness and athleticism, not the strength or skill to iso in the post 15 times a game. If he's scoring quicker, less of a chance of being put on the line repeatedly as well.

Seriously, D'Antoni is sucking on both offense and defense.

And, I'm worried about starting Meeks. I feel like our defense is definitely going to be going to [expletive] now. Meeks & Kobe as your starting wings in the playoffs? We're giving up 120ppg at least

Edited by Junayd, March 27, 2013 - 12:27 PM.

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#16 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts

Posted March 27, 2013 - 12:27 PM

D'Antoni had trouble with an offense that featured Shaq in the post...which is almost laughable.  I can't expect anything more from him at this point.

#17 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted March 27, 2013 - 12:34 PM

D'Antoni had trouble with an offense that featured Shaq in the post...which is almost laughable.  I can't expect anything more from him at this point.

Shaq in the post and Amare spotting up in the weakside corner.   :facepalm:

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#18 WWBD

WWBD

Rookie

• 96 posts

Posted March 27, 2013 - 12:40 PM

D'Antoni HAS to be fired if we don't make the playoffs, right?

• 40,373 posts

Posted March 27, 2013 - 12:43 PM

Better defender (BY FAR): Delonte West >.

Clutch: Delonte West >.

Can play both the 1 & 2 effectively: Delonte West >.

More consistent: Delonte West >.

Gotta' love Meeks.

yo.

#20 MidnightMarauder

MidnightMarauder

Off The Bench

• 1,434 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Worthy, Magic

Posted March 27, 2013 - 12:44 PM

D'Antoni HAS to be fired if we don't make the playoffs, right?

He will be.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)