27 replies to this topic

#21 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,846 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted March 27, 2013 - 11:51 PM

I would say Kobe has a 3-7 bad defensive games and at least 3 of them was when his health was compromised.

Dwight was actually posted up against by Nene in the main stages of that game. But whatever.

I know one thing, we are a better defensive team when Kobe is out there. Other than Dwight, ne one person makes more of a difference on that end. Our backcourt gets picked on without kobe. Meeks is a hustle defender, undersized like Sasha. More of a irritant than anything else.

#22 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,312 posts
  • Fan Since:'06
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe 'Bean' Bryant.

Posted March 28, 2013 - 08:16 AM

I would say Kobe has a 3-7 bad defensive games and at least 3 of them was when his health was compromised.

Dwight was actually posted up against by Nene in the main stages of that game. But whatever.

I know one thing, we are a better defensive team when Kobe is out there. Other than Dwight, ne one person makes more of a difference on that end. Our backcourt gets picked on without kobe. Meeks is a hustle defender, undersized like Sasha. More of a irritant than anything else.

Sasha who?

#23 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,806 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted March 28, 2013 - 08:43 AM

Kobe doesnt respect a lot of players games when back on defense, even with all this wouldnt have anyone else guarding the other teams best player. You give kobe a challenge on defense and he will embrace it and play hard.

Can't say him sagging off people giving up open shots doesnt make me angry at times though, this is the NBA you give them an open shot their gonna knock it down Kobe.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#24 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,846 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted March 28, 2013 - 09:36 AM

People ONLY focus on Kobe though. How many open shots did Cunningham get last night? How many breakdowns did Rubio cause? 

All people do is focus on Kobe, but Kobe is our strongest perimeter defender.

Vujacic

#25 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,693 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted March 28, 2013 - 10:08 AM

Kobe doesnt respect a lot of players games when back on defense, even with all this wouldnt have anyone else guarding the other teams best player. You give kobe a challenge on defense and he will embrace it and play hard.

Can't say him sagging off people giving up open shots doesnt make me angry at times though, this is the NBA you give them an open shot their gonna knock it down Kobe.

He knows that and he's not retarded. Everyone seems to forget the way Kobe played defense on Rondo.

#26 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 28, 2013 - 10:28 AM

People that want to defend Kobe on this one, please don't. He's played some of the most disgusting off ball D I've ever seen and he needs to be called out on it.

Posted Image

#27 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,693 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted March 28, 2013 - 10:50 AM

Kobe will play lock down defense if he has to or if he wants to prove a point. But most of the time he just simply doesn't care.

I'm fine with him not caring as it sustains his much needed energy on the offensive side.

#28 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 28, 2013 - 10:50 AM

People that want to defend Kobe on this one, please don't. He's played some of the most disgusting off ball D I've ever seen and he needs to be called out on it.

To some, Kobe can do no wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users