#1 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,455 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 25, 2013 - 09:54 PM

Now he's my cuz and all but the fact of the matter is he's the biggest fan of Gasol on this team so much that I'm pretty sure it blinds him at times how badly the guy needs to come off the bench and not start.

Kobe Bryant acknowledged the problem with Gasol coming back to start

Kobe: "It threw us out of rhythm. We got adjusted to play a certain way and now we have to adjust again."

This is the VERY problem. Yet in the very next statement Kobe stresses patience with Gasol..

Kobe: "He just has to get his legs back,"

No Kobe...

We don't have time to wait on him, Nash has said so himself to bring him off the bench till those legs come back but NOT start him.

Hate to half steal a quote from you but "We don't have time to wait on Gasol's legs to get back."

Its too late in the season withj 10 games back if we keep starting him by the time he gets his legs back we'll be out of the playoffs and it will be too late.

We should stick with what worked before but above all else as the leader of the locker room Kobe wants Gasol starting and is willing to be more patient with him than with anyone else on the roster. This is why Gasol has such an entitled attitude, and until Kobe learns to let him go and stop being patient with him, maybe we can get back to business.

But as long as our leader who cares about nothing other than winning stresses to us and probably the coach that we need to "be patient with Gasol till he gets his legs back" the more the team will suffer.

Even with his legs back he was going 12-8 and shooting 34 percent from the post and the block.

Even at 100 percent Kobe he needs to come off the bench. It's time for you to let go, and the team and coaching staff to as well.

I'd rather Gasol be crying coming off the bench while we enter the playoffs than happy as sunshine while we fall to the 9th seed. And deep down inside, Kobe has to get to that point too.

Simple as that.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#2 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,294 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted March 25, 2013 - 09:57 PM

uhh whose your cuz?

ap1.png

#3 SDLakersfan24

SDLakersfan24

Rookie

• 178 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Worthy

Posted March 25, 2013 - 10:01 PM

I agree

#4 muncher

muncher

Rookie

• 523 posts
  • Name:Simon
  • Fav. Laker:Gary Vitti

Posted March 25, 2013 - 10:04 PM

Realistically, what would Kobe say. 'Well Pau is [expletive] and now he's back, we are [expletive]' ?

#5 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,455 posts

Posted March 25, 2013 - 10:07 PM

uhh whose your cuz?

Kobe, moms side.

Its just sort of bothersome really that despite being 2-10 with Gasol starting with Dwight and being now 0-7 with all our guys in the starting lineup together and Blake off the bench... That Kobe still thinks we just need to give Gasol time.

We're 0-7 and 2-10... We don't need to "wait" on Gasol anymore. The fact Kobe still feels like we should worries me. He needs to see the light and as close as he is with Gasol learn to let it go and that his buddy aint him.

#6 SDLakersfan24

SDLakersfan24

Rookie

• 178 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Worthy

Posted March 25, 2013 - 10:14 PM

It's not a coincidence that they played their best stretch of basketball when he was out, then as soon as he returns they look as terrible as ever.

#7 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,294 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted March 25, 2013 - 10:15 PM

Kobe, moms side.

Its just sort of bothersome really that despite being 2-10 with Gasol starting with Dwight and being now 0-7 with all our guys in the starting lineup together and Blake off the bench... That Kobe still thinks we just need to give Gasol time.

We're 0-7 and 2-10... We don't need to "wait" on Gasol anymore. The fact Kobe still feels like we should worries me. He needs to see the light and as close as he is with Gasol learn to let it go and that his buddy aint him.

does he acknowledge your presence? lol

Well kobe won two ships with Gasol, hed prob pick gasol over howard at this rate

ap1.png

#8 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,455 posts

Posted March 25, 2013 - 10:16 PM

Realistically, what would Kobe say. 'Well Pau is [expletive] and now he's back, we are [expletive]' ?

If D'antoni can say "I bench Gasol when I want to win."

Kobe can say what you said ;)

#9 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,455 posts

Posted March 25, 2013 - 10:22 PM

does he acknowledge your presence? lol

Well kobe won two ships with Gasol, hed prob pick gasol over howard at this rate

Lol no, I'll probably get to know Jared(Dudley) better than I know Kobe, because his father is friends with the family.

And my cousin was best friend with Jerry Stackhouse and I'd always see him when I'd travel down to farmville in north carolina.

So yeah, lots of basketball in my family ;)

Even used to beat Anthony Morrow back in high school 1 on 1 down at the Y.

Funny thing is he always had an excuse if he lost, if he won(never did against me), he was "trying" when he lost, he wasn't trying cause he was gonna make the NBA.

Funny thing is, he DID go on to make the NBA but I still think he was full of it lol ;)

But when I'd go to the other Y in the city Antawn Jamisons cousin was always there and we'd run against the other in the rec.

Funnier thing is when my dad was rehabbing his knee, Antawn Jamison was there doing the same thing at the EpiCenter.

Walked up to him and he looked up at me like he was ready to start a conversation but I was too shy to say anything so I walked past lol. I'm gonna correct that one day.

Edited by Majesty, March 25, 2013 - 10:25 PM.

#10 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 25, 2013 - 10:23 PM

Exactly. If he's your cousin maj then tell him! Lol

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#11 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,209 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted March 25, 2013 - 10:25 PM

Lol no, I'll probably get to know Jared(Dudley) better than I know Kobe, because his father is friends with the family.

And my cousin was best friend with Jerry Stackhouse and I'd always see him when I'd travel down to farmville in north carolina.

So yeah, lots of basketball in my family ;)

Even used to beat Anthony Morrow back in high school 1 on 1 down at the Y.

Funny thing is he always had an excuse if he lost, if he won(never did against me), he was "trying" when he lost, he wasn't trying cause he was gonna make the NBA.

Funny thing is, he DID go on to make the NBA but I still think he was full of it lol ;)

I think you dropped something. Oh here it is, a bunch of names.

#12 Mumford

Mumford

Rookie

• 167 posts

Posted March 25, 2013 - 10:53 PM

Well, Kobe is also injured and out of rhythm so I don't understand te point here.

#13 MidnightMarauder

MidnightMarauder

Off The Bench

• 1,550 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Worthy, Magic

Posted March 25, 2013 - 11:01 PM

Time is irrelevant. Miss the playoffs, make the playoffs, it doesn't matter. it's not like we're winning a series.

#14 lakerti'lldeath2

lakerti'lldeath2

Rookie

• 86 posts
  • Name:Manuel
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:MettaWorldPeace

Posted March 26, 2013 - 02:39 AM

Every single Laker fan here: Let's blame this train wreck on Gasol! 

#15 lakerti'lldeath2

lakerti'lldeath2

Rookie

• 86 posts

Posted March 26, 2013 - 02:41 AM

Well, Kobe is also injured and out of rhythm so I don't understand te point here.

You sir are a retard. 

#16 CameronStewart

CameronStewart

Rookie

• 492 posts
  • Name:Cameron
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 26, 2013 - 02:44 AM

This game is a young mans sport.....this team is old. You cannot blame all this on Gasol, our team is just old and struggling.

#17 lakerti'lldeath2

lakerti'lldeath2

Rookie

• 86 posts

Posted March 26, 2013 - 02:49 AM

This game is a young mans sport.....this team is old. You cannot blame all this on Gasol, our team is just old and struggling.

Tell that to the Spurs bro. 

#18 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,460 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted March 26, 2013 - 04:45 AM

Yall do realize Pau only played 23 mins right?

Granted it was 23 ineffective minutes because he was a ghost again, but hes not the sole reason for the loss.

Did you see our shot chart?

Did you see KB's 11/27 shooting. Thats 16 wasted possessions. And he was 2-10 from 3 pt...smh.

As a team we shot 40%. Were not winning anyone shooting 40%.

But I agree Pau doesn't help. He seems to drag on both ends. During the course of his minutes it seems hes either in the way or not there at all. As if hes just dragging the tempo.

If he wasn't dragging would we have shot better as a team?

Would Meeks had not shot 5-14.

Or Jamison, Clark and Blake not shot a combined 2-12.

So in Pau didn't play those four guys wouldnt have a combined 25% (smh) shooting on the night

Maybe? I suppose that could be a reason for it. I'm not completely sold on that idea but it is possible. It seemed as is we were playing great with out him, running the court. Cant argue that at all. And then he came back from the foot injury and now all of a sudden it seems the teams tires are flat again. That is not debatable.

But regardless last nights loss was not solely because of Pau's performance, or his lack of one. The entire team stank it up.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#19 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,101 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 26, 2013 - 04:48 AM

Definitely a flaw

Pau Gasol is GONE

#20 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,160 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted March 26, 2013 - 05:47 AM

Coach D decides who plays in the game. Coach D is the guy who needs to stop appeasing Paus feelings & bench him & use him with reserves.

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users