manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,409 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted March 27, 2013 - 11:58 PM

get well soon M:(

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#102 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,054 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted March 28, 2013 - 08:52 AM

He also doesn't have as much defensive attention as Kobe and is wide open. Its funny in almost every thread, you take a shot at Kobe and fail.

LakeShow, I will ignore the personal attack and deal with just the substance of your post.  No question that Kobe is more heavily defended than MWP most of the time when he is taking 3's.  And I can think of no better closer in the game, now or historically, taking that tough shot with the game on the line.

But Kobe also takes alot of contested 3's during the course of the game, which is why his miss rate is pretty high.  If he were more selective during the course of the game, I suspect that his miss rate would go dowm, his teammates would get easier shots etc. 

And before you counter with "but no on else can make a shot, that's why he takes those tough ones", then that leads to 2 possible conclusions-

1.  If true then the FO has failed us by not securing decent players around him.  Steve Kerr made a living taking wide open shots and we need a Steve Kerr.

2.  if not true, then Kobe is not trusting his teammates enough. 

I think we have the shooters- Nash and Jamison primarily.  I think Kobe often tries to do too much.

Debbie Downer

#103 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,173 posts

Posted March 28, 2013 - 09:52 AM

LOS ANGELES — A win over their personal punching bags doesn't provide clarity to the Metta World Peace injury situation and its overall impact on the Los Angeles Lakers.owever, after holding on for a 120-117 win over Minnesota on Wednesday night — the Lakers' 22nd in a row over the Timberwolves — a few things stand out with 10 games remaining in the regular season and MWP awaiting surgery to repair his left knee.

Losing MWP and his defensive intensity for the next 4-6 weeks will be difficult to overcome and could be the determining factor in the Lakers making the playoffs. And with coach Mike D’Antoni continuing his bizarre roster maneuvering, Lakers fans may have seen the former Ron Artest play his last game in purple and gold.

The T-Wolves had eight players score in double figures during the loss to L.A., including 101 points from their front-court players. With a healthy World Peace, the outcome may have been very different. Instead, MWP awaits Thursday's surgery for torn cartilage in his left knee, and the Lakers were mauled down low by a team with a 25-45 record that is missing its best player. Power forward Kevin Love is still recovering from hand surgery.

"He's a ferocious player," Kobe Bryant said of World Peace after the game. "Extremely physical. He gives us that emotional boost. There's a lot of games where we lack energy, and he provides that for us. We need to make up for that."

D'Antoni tried to make up for it by starting Jodie Meeks in place of MWP and Meeks responded with a miserable outing, going 2-for-7 from the field with five points in 35 minutes. Why the coach didn't start Earl Clark — a true forward who can defend, score and rebound — is a question D'Antoni answered by saying that Clark would be an important piece of the puzzle as the season winds down.

When Pau Gasol missed 20 games with a plantar fascia tear, Clark stepped in from near oblivion to help fuel the Lakers' resurgence from 11th place in the Western Conference to a one-game hold on the final playoff spot. Now, with Clark's abilities desperately needed to counteract MWP's absence, Clark was on the floor for only 13 minutes.

Strange doesn't begin to describe this scenario, but in D'Antoni’s world, it seems to be the norm.

Earlier in the season, he sat Antawn Jamison and Jordan Hill even though both had been playing well as reserves, then reinstated them seemingly on a whim. Prior to Hill needing season-ending hip surgery, he and Jamison were the Lakers' top bench players after they got back into the rotation.

Finally, in a worst-case scenario, the Lakers implode without Metta — as they nearly did against Minnesota — and miss the playoffs. If that happens, there's a better-than-even chance of the team using its yearly amnesty provision to release MWP and not have his salary count against the cap for 2013-14. They would still have to pay his full salary of over $7.5 million, but for a team with a $100 million payroll, any relief would be beneficial.

Especially if Dwight Howard re-signs.

Howard, Bryant and Gasol will make somewhere around $74-77 million next season — with 11 or 12 other roster spots to be filled. And MWP has an opt-out clause for next year, so he might just up and leave on his own if the Lakers don't offer him an extension.

So, remember MWP's defensive toughness throughout his tenure at Staples Center and remember the 20 points, five rebounds and five steals he had to lead the Lakers to a Game 7 win over the hated Boston Celtics in the 2010 NBA Finals, which secured the team’s 16th championship.

It might be all you have left of MWP — even if he doesn’t think so.

"I can't wait to get back. But our team is so good. We will win and get into the playoffs," World Peace said in a tweet.

The Lakers, though, will have to do it without their defensive stopper.

http://www.foxsports...373&feedID=8686

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#104 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted March 28, 2013 - 11:16 AM

Hopefully hes amnestied
Posted Image

#105 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,535 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted March 28, 2013 - 01:09 PM

LakeShow, I will ignore the personal attack and deal with just the substance of your post.  No question that Kobe is more heavily defended than MWP most of the time when he is taking 3's.  And I can think of no better closer in the game, now or historically, taking that tough shot with the game on the line.

But Kobe also takes alot of contested 3's during the course of the game, which is why his miss rate is pretty high.  If he were more selective during the course of the game, I suspect that his miss rate would go dowm, his teammates would get easier shots etc. 

And before you counter with "but no on else can make a shot, that's why he takes those tough ones", then that leads to 2 possible conclusions-

1.  If true then the FO has failed us by not securing decent players around him.  Steve Kerr made a living taking wide open shots and we need a Steve Kerr.

2.  if not true, then Kobe is not trusting his teammates enough. 

I think we have the shooters- Nash and Jamison primarily.  I think Kobe often tries to do too much.

Every star does. Not just Kobe. I'd rather have him do too much than not enough.

#106 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,226 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted April 03, 2013 - 12:33 PM

Metta World Peace is walking around without crutches and is in good spirits. First time I've seen him since the knee surgery.

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#107 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,454 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 03, 2013 - 02:02 PM

^ good news, we'll need him for the playoffs.

Would be awesome to get both him and Hill for the playoffs shall we make it. The timing along with dwight peaking(much as he can this season) would be perfect timing.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#108 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,720 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted April 03, 2013 - 03:09 PM

When is Jordan hill coming back?

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#109 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,454 posts

Posted April 03, 2013 - 03:19 PM

When is Jordan hill coming back?

During the playoffs if we make it.

#110 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,720 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted April 03, 2013 - 04:43 PM

Like first round? Does he have a time table? 

If we get him in the playoffs plus ron.. BANG!

Nash

Kobe

Ron

Pau

Howard

Earl

Blake

Jamesion

Meeks

Hill

Dammnnnn! Letsgolakersalldaywedieinpurpleandgold.

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#111 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,693 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 03, 2013 - 04:58 PM

hill's not gonna be back. i heard it would be a "miracle" if he returned.

#112 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,454 posts

Posted April 03, 2013 - 05:07 PM

hill's not gonna be back. i heard it would be a "miracle" if he returned.

The "miracle" would be if he was in shape enough and worked himself back into the rotation because of it.

He'll be "available", whether he's "ready" or not is the miracle question, but there's no doubt he'd be back. It's whether he'd be ready.

#113 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,693 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted April 03, 2013 - 05:31 PM

The "miracle" would be if he was in shape enough and worked himself back into the rotation because of it.

He'll be "available", whether he's "ready" or not is the miracle question, but there's no doubt he'd be back. It's whether he'd be ready.

not this playoffs though.

#114 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 03:08 AM

MWP is a monster. Don't count him out

Posted Image

#115 Mumford

Mumford

Rookie

• 168 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 05:32 AM

Metta World Peace is walking around without crutches and is in good spirits. First time I've seen him since the knee surgery.

Damn...

Edited by Mumford, April 04, 2013 - 05:33 AM.

#116 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,174 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted April 04, 2013 - 12:03 PM

Like first round? Does he have a time table? 

If we get him in the playoffs plus ron.. BANG!

Nash

Kobe

Ron

Pau

Howard

Earl

Blake

Jamesion

Meeks

Hill

Dammnnnn! Letsgolakersalldaywedieinpurpleandgold.

both MWP & Hill will be worthless when & if they even returned. dont get hyped up for nothing

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#117 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,819 posts
  • Name:Shamim

Posted April 04, 2013 - 06:17 PM

Actually, Kobe clanks at a higher rate than MWP.  Just sayin ....

For the '12-13 season...

MWP

At Rim: 58.7%

3-9 Feet: 30%

10-15 Feet: 36.7%

16-23 Feet: 36%

Threes: 34.7%

Kobe

At Rim: 70.3%

3-9 Feet: 47.3%

10-15 Feet: 52.7%

16-23 Feet: 40%

Threes: 33.8%

Where exactly does Kobe clank at a higher rate? He takes and makes more shots all over the floor at a higher percentage than him, MUCH higher within 15 feet of the basket. The only thing Ron has him beat in is threes, but that's due to quality of his looks and nothing more.

#118 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 07:02 PM

Like I said Ron will be back soon

Posted Image

#119 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

Rookie

• 979 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted April 04, 2013 - 09:21 PM

Don't wish to ruin his career with slim to none chances, let him heal til next year.

Edited by DaSmoothOperator, April 04, 2013 - 09:21 PM.

#120 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,226 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted April 05, 2013 - 01:13 PM

My first day of running today went excellent

well dang lol

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic