#1 TheOriginalCZM

TheOriginalCZM

Rookie

• 823 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Brian Scalabrine

Posted March 23, 2013 - 02:24 PM

Interesting video i saw....and a lot of issues i'm still seeing with Mike D as the coach.

Edited by TheSuperbeast, March 23, 2013 - 02:32 PM.

#2 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

Pineapple winner!

• 1,789 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted March 23, 2013 - 03:22 PM

I don't like Coach Nick,he's a Kobe hater :D But has interesting analysis.

Impossible is nothing.

#3 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,035 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 23, 2013 - 05:55 PM

The Princeton Offense would have actually been fine with this team, it helped turn Nash into a spot up shooter and could have had Kobe/Dwight create. There were 3 problems with Mike Brown.

1) He (or Kuester) was running some [expletive]ed up version of the Princeton (or at least nothing that I as well as many other members on here recognized).

2) The learning curve was pretty high and he was trying to force the system too hard upon the players instead of letting them freelance more, especially given the talent they had. Quotes from Kobe after the firing confirmed this. 

3) He didn't install a defensive system.

Mike D'Antoni, on the other hand, tried to force his seven seconds or less offense on the team. When that backfired, partly due to Kobe getting pissed as [expletive] (and probably management too), so instead he just let Kobe carry the team and do everything in his power to win. Now he's basically doing nothing. Oh yeah, there's no defensive system either.

Edited by bfc1125roy, March 23, 2013 - 05:56 PM.

#4 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,692 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 23, 2013 - 10:53 PM

Coach Nick? The guy that used Kobe's rookie year numbers as a barometer for how he'd have done in the NCAA? How he said Kobe had no post game coming out of high school but said LeBron would dominate everyone in the NCAA despite getting a post game just last year?

Yeah ok...

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#5 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

Pineapple winner!

• 1,789 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted March 24, 2013 - 01:01 AM

^
Oh yes,I watched that too. That was awful.

Impossible is nothing.

#6 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,035 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted March 24, 2013 - 02:14 AM

Coach Nick knows his basketball playbook quite well and is a good resource to learn the different offensive schemes or sets teams like to run.

However when it comes to his specific analysis of someone like Kobe, his videos are as guilty as any other highlights (or lowlights for that matter), they pick and choose instances which often times isn't representative of the bigger picture. I'm not saying he does exactly this, but for example he could show you the 5 botched defensive possessions by the Indiana Pacers in some game, explain their mistakes in each one in great detail, and then conclude that the Pacers are a terrible defensive team, when they are actually one of the best in the last 10 years. 

I also watched his Kobe 81 vs. MJ 69 points in a game performance comparison, and it was quite annoying. He attributed all of Kobe's points to bad defense while he said MJ's was all due to great offense. I mean honestly, on both those nights Kobe and MJ were playing so well they made the defense in front of them seem awful because of how good they were performing. I could more correctly say MJ's was less impressive because Kobe scored his in the era of zone defense, when you can clearly see the Raptors playing a box and 1 (illegal defense in the 80s) for a good chunk of the game. But of course, Coach Nick isn't going to tell you that. 

Edited by bfc1125roy, March 24, 2013 - 02:15 AM.

#7 Mumford

Mumford

Rookie

• 167 posts

Posted March 24, 2013 - 02:33 AM

Coach Nick? The guy that used Kobe's rookie year numbers as a barometer for how he'd have done in the NCAA? How he said Kobe had no post game coming out of high school but said LeBron would dominate everyone in the NCAA despite getting a post game just last year?

Yeah ok...

What has to do one thing with the other? Have you even seen the video, or you just refuse to watch it as soon as you read that this was a criticism of Mike Brown?

#8 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,692 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 24, 2013 - 03:28 AM

^
Oh yes,I watched that too. That was awful.

Yep he's great at playbook analysis and can pinpoint video tape real well but when it comes to actually player analysis he's very favoritized

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#9 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,143 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted March 24, 2013 - 06:01 AM

Tyey fired him cause they overreacted to so many of you dumbdowned fans who were crying 4 him to go after preseason and reg season start.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#10 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted March 24, 2013 - 07:48 AM

It was analysis by process of elimination by the FO.

1.  Team playing way below expectations, lets  fire the coach.

2.  Team still playing way below expectations with new coach, so maybe the old coach was not the core issue ... maybe its some (or most) of our players.

3.  Still playing .500 ball winning against a few good teams, losing to a few bad teams with a (at best) so so coach.

#11 Alpha Four

Alpha Four

Fugitive Alien

• 501 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted March 24, 2013 - 10:14 PM

Tyey fired him cause they overreacted to so many of you dumbdowned fans who were crying 4 him to go after preseason and reg season start.

Mind saying that in English?

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#12 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,866 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 25, 2013 - 12:26 AM

Came in here to comment, and then I saw who the videos are by.

Don't get me wrong...Nick knows basic principles of offensive and defensive schemes and sets.  However, I would never consider a conversation with him, anywhere (online or personally), simply because a lot of what he analyzes and states is to draw traffic to his blog and his YouTube channel.

I'll debate almost anyone.  All of you, on LN...you know that.  You guys don't run blogs and make statements to draw attention.

There are very rare cases where I slide into topics here, to make a case for another side...to play devil's advocate.  The difference is, I don't stand my ground if/when I do...it's only to entertain the other side of the argument, short-term, to prove that debate CAN be created in a particular topic.  In the past, I usually do this with off-topic threads...rarely basketball, because it's a passion.

So, regardless of how much someone knows, or how passionate they are, they can tug me into a debate.  It's just a low blow, to me, when someone makes statements to tickle a reaction out of almost everyone...and then consistently drives that analysis into the ground, over and over again, when they know damn well it's either not true, it's hypocrisy, or it's incomplete or misleading information.

#13 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,143 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted March 25, 2013 - 11:33 AM

Mind saying that in English?

"They" dont know what my phone typed out

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users