#41 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,810 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 23, 2013 - 02:51 PM

Phil's probably thinking "Now he knows how I felt in the Dallas series. How long before he punches Gasol in the chest?"

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#42 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Zankyou no Terror

• 8,381 posts

Posted March 23, 2013 - 03:12 PM

Phil's probably thinking "Now he knows how I felt in the Dallas series. How long before he punches Gasol in the chest?"

He'll take him out to dinner.

MMiRi9s.png

#43 K-Kris

K-Kris

Forum Browser

• 615 posts
  • Name:Kris
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 23, 2013 - 03:39 PM

Phil-Jackson-Mike-DAntoni.jpg

Isnt that photoshopped?

#44 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,829 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 23, 2013 - 05:32 PM

For the record I've never aided with D'Antoni. The guy isn't fit to coach high school let alone NBA ball.

I blame the whole team and the coaches for losses. However, the fish rots from the head down. Time for D'Antoni to acknowledge that a substantial portion, if not most of this mess, is his fault.

But he won't. He will blame and blame and in the end leave he team in limbo like has with others before.

Mike D'Antoni has no business coaching basketball.

#45 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,180 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted March 23, 2013 - 05:40 PM

For the record I've never aided with D'Antoni. The guy isn't fit to coach high school let alone NBA ball.

I blame the whole team and the coaches for losses. However, the fish rots from the head down. Time for D'Antoni to acknowledge that a substantial portion, if not most of this mess, is his fault.

But he won't. He will blame and blame and in the end leave he team in limbo like has with others before.

Guy caught lightning in a bottle in Phoenix, and has done nothing since, this team with this talent not even being a competitive team in the regular season is an absolute joke.

#46 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,069 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989

Posted March 23, 2013 - 08:21 PM

I don't care what anybody says..... D'antoni has never been the perfect choice for this job. Phil is the only coach to win rings for this franchise since Pat Riley.... If it ain't broke, why fix it?
Posted Image

#47 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,180 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted March 23, 2013 - 08:29 PM

I don't care what anybody says..... D'antoni has never been the perfect choice for this job. Phil is the only coach to win rings for this franchise since Pat Riley.... If it ain't broke, why fix it?

I don't think many people said D'antoni was the perfect choice for this job, or even a good choice.

#48 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,650 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 23, 2013 - 08:39 PM

Isnt that photoshopped?

its pretty obvious if you ask me

#49 King Joseph

King Joseph

Rookie

• 153 posts
  • Name:Jonas Joseph
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Lamar Odom

Posted March 24, 2013 - 01:23 AM

If he has no buisness coaching basketball you have no reason watching or talking about it lol As fans we might over blow statements because of our fustration but thats so utterly dumb. Dantoni has been coaching for years in the best basketball leauge in the world and has led teams to 50/60 win seasons. But you say he dosn't diserve a coaching job as a high school b ball coach ? Should we fire him and have mitch call you ? I dont think so. I wish we would've got phil or at least brought Nate McMillian in but it is what it is. We can't blame the coach for effort. For kobe having tunnel vision, for metta's constant drive into the paint with tunnel vision, all the injuries we've had. Stop looking at this team as a the usual lakers and look at them as who they are. Barley a 8th seed. Thats why its been easy for me to deal with this season. You might've been just playing and I respect your opinion but your speaking as if you could doit. smh This season is a wash. Pray we get the spurs (we lost a combined 5 points to them in 2 games) cuz if not we have no shot of getting out the 1st round. lol I just thought what you said was pretty funny.

Terry "Mother[expletive]ing" Kennedy: "Skateboarder Pro"

Posted Image

#50 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,471 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted March 24, 2013 - 01:55 AM

not real

#51 Lords of the Rings

Lords of the Rings

Get Cho Basketball On

• 3,761 posts
  • Fan Since:1981

Posted March 24, 2013 - 10:02 AM

1st of all if we had won....he would have never said a word about how the LAKERS played and he should have. 2nd publical;y berating a Vet team is a sure fire way to lose it if it hasn't happened already. 3rd we have the same problems at the same time every game...the 3rd Q. So what's the answer Coach? 4th the Wizards made adujustments at halftime....The LAKERS didn't....why weren't the LAKERS ready for the adjustments. Is it crazy to think that the Wizards WOULDN'T make adjustments?? This situation happens no matter who we play.

5th....Coaches who publically yell and scream after loses won't last ....Vets  won't stand for it. He acted like a College Coach. Outta control...

Playoffs against the Spurs and "Pops" are you serious???

Edited by Lords of the Rings, March 24, 2013 - 10:03 AM.

The Jerseys Hanging from the Rafters represent LAKER GREATS who are also NBA GREATS

LAKERS NO FAKERS

#52 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,829 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted March 24, 2013 - 10:16 AM

Sure we all have our opinion an I stand by mine.

D'Antoni has done nothing to show me that he deserves a basketball coaching job. As was said I believe any coach could've done what he did in Phoenix. That was all timing, not technique. His track record before and since has proven that.

I always look at the Lakers as the Lakers. With this lineup, with the money that was spent and the talent on this team it is a hire to make this team as dysfunctional as its even made. Somehow D'Antoni has found a way to do that.

Now I blame the front office as well. They had the solution in front of their face but they looked away for the sake of ego, not for the good of the team.

Say what you will, we are all entitled but its the management's and the coach's job to make the most of what has been given, and that has been an outright failure. There's no denying that.

The problem is that most fans now look at this team as barely a playoff team. As a long long time fan I never thought I'd see the day that Laker fans are happy to "just be a playoff team" or "barely an 8th seed". It's disheartening and frustrating to me that expectations for one of the greatest sports franchises on Earth has been lowered so quickly and so emphatically.

And Mike D'Antoni for all of his smiling and joking around has done just as much, if not more, to create these new low levels of expectation.

The guy is a terrible coach with a barely discernible "system" (a.k.a. Run fast down the court and chuck the first shot you see) that has destroyed this Laker team more than I think a lot I fans want to admit.

Again, yes, the team is at fault as well, but teams take on the personality of their coach, like it or not that's how it is.

Right now this team's personality and outlook is bleak and superficial, just like D'Antoni.

#53 Murdercassette

Murdercassette

Rap game Billy Mays

• 618 posts

Posted March 25, 2013 - 09:16 AM

Lakers need to drop MDA and go on the Perkis system 

Posted Image

#54 TheOriginalCZM

TheOriginalCZM

Rookie

• 823 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Brian Scalabrine

Posted March 25, 2013 - 10:14 AM

PJ doesn't even look like that anymore Lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users