Photo

Re-clariying why Pau Gasol shouldn't start

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#101 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,060 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 23, 2013 - 01:35 PM

I don't know if that true Majesty. You say with Pau it's ego and its mental. Phil's the zen master. He might have been able to bring the most out of Pau.

Also, with the triangle and Phil's methodical approach, A lot of Nash and Gasol's defensive liabilities would have been masked instead of exponentiated.

Phil already had lost Pau.

Remember the Dallas series when Pau kept getting beat the same way he did last night and the same drive and kicks happened like last night and we got beat by that same whack play over and over again like last night and Pau was showing no passion? And Phil punched him in his chest and told him to "man up" but we got more of the same?

Not even Phil could get to Pau anymore, and that was years ago.

Like we've all been saying, it doesn't matter who the coach is, its always been on Pau.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

• 40,603 posts

Posted March 23, 2013 - 01:39 PM

^ Icing on the cake indeed:

Edited by    , March 23, 2013 - 01:39 PM.

yo.

#103 Cato

Cato

Rookie

• 432 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:THE BLACK MAMBA

Posted March 23, 2013 - 01:40 PM

Yeah that's true. One of the saddest memories I have as a Lakers fan.

• 40,603 posts

Posted March 23, 2013 - 01:50 PM

in before any Pau defenders come in to potentially excuse him mentioning the fact that ex and at the time teammate Shannon Brown may have potentially slept with his GF leaving Pau in an even more soft position.

yo.

#105 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,567 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted March 23, 2013 - 01:53 PM

Where were you when Metta turned it over thinking he was Lebron going to the rim? Honestly, Pau just came back. Yes, he should come off the bench. But why are you only complaining about Pau? Metta ran off Trevor Ariza a bunch of times

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#106 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,393 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 23, 2013 - 02:20 PM

Where were you when Metta turned it over thinking he was Lebron going to the rim? Honestly, Pau just came back. Yes, he should come off the bench. But why are you only complaining about Pau? Metta ran off Trevor Ariza a bunch of times

Because he was the MAIN reason why we lost. It's D'Antoni's fault actually, since Pau isn't the coach. I understand Pau just came back and I'm not bashing him, I'm bashing our coach. Ron ran off Trevor multiple times- absolutely. But when has Ron not done that this season? When has he not made boneheaded plays like driving to the basket 1 on 5 and turning the ball over with 35 seconds left in the game? He makes stupid plays every goddamn game but over the last twenty games with Pau out of the lineup we have won a lot games and have been playing good basketball. What does that tell you? That inserting Pau into the starting lineup was the MAIN culprit. Not the only. The main. This is really not difficult to understand people.

Edited by LakersChamps243, March 23, 2013 - 02:21 PM.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#107 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,567 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted March 23, 2013 - 02:23 PM

Because he was the MAIN reason why we lost. It's D'Antoni's fault actually, since Pau isn't the coach. I understand Pau just came back and I'm not bashing him, I'm bashing our coach. Ron ran off Trevor multiple times- absolutely. But when has Ron not done that this season? When has he not made boneheaded plays like driving to the basket 1 on 5 and turning the ball over with 35 seconds left in the game? He makes stupid plays every goddamn game but over the last twenty games with Pau out of the lineup we have won a lot games and have been playing good basketball. What does that tell you? That inserting Pau into the starting lineup was the MAIN culprit. Not the only. The main. This is really not difficult to understand people.

lol so how is that pau's fault? he got put into the starting line up. lmfao. And MDA can't teach effort and stop our stupid players from making stupid plays.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#108 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,393 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 23, 2013 - 03:47 PM

lol so how is that pau's fault? he got put into the starting line up. lmfao. And MDA can't teach effort and stop our stupid players from making stupid plays.

Because with him in the game it messes up our spacing and takes away the roles our other players have gotten comfortable with the past twenty games. 

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users