#41 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,958 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 22, 2013 - 09:48 PM

Lakers last 5 games without Gasol. Holding opponents to 92.7 ppg(first in the league). Lakers first game with Gasol, gives up 103 points to the lowly Wizards who go on a run that gets them a 2 point lead after previously being down 9 in the span Gasol was in.
The Lakers are now 0-6 with their full starting lineup and lost their first game at home after 7 straight wins and a 12-1 homestand since the all-star break. #foodforthought

Edited by Majesty, March 22, 2013 - 09:49 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#42 TheOriginalCZM

TheOriginalCZM

Rookie

• 823 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Brian Scalabrine

Posted March 22, 2013 - 09:50 PM

the panic button was hit months ago when Mike Brown got fired. Honestly they should of kept Mike Brown if this is all they have to show for it.

Edited by TheSuperbeast, March 22, 2013 - 09:51 PM.

#43 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,898 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted March 22, 2013 - 09:53 PM

I really wish we had Jordan Hill right now. He's exactly what we're missing.

Jordan hill isn't an athletic wing.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#44 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,958 posts

Posted March 22, 2013 - 09:57 PM

If you look at what Metta does at the 4, when you play Clark, what does he do? He posts, rebounds, gets hustle points and attacks inside.

Thats what Jordan Hill would basically do. Because Clark is stretching the floor.

What we truly need is Gasol never starting with us again and coming off the bench and being the Odon. That way our starting lineup can play their roles at their best situation.$

There's no need pushing two guys out of their comfort zone for one guy who isn't even best where he wants to be placed if 0-6 is the payoff.

#45 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,357 posts

Posted March 22, 2013 - 09:59 PM

Pau was really bad, but a lot more of the blame goes on Kobe tonight. Should be complaining about him.

#46 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,268 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted March 22, 2013 - 10:00 PM

The lakers were up 18 with him on the floor almost the entire game. The guy played 20 minutes. It isn't his fault that Kobe doesn't defend guys who are out of their head on fire and plays the most predictable hero ball in the league in the 4th quarter of every close game. Pau is not the reason the Lakers lost the game nor would he have been the reason they won if they had. Can't beat the Wizards at home after 3 days off. Good luck.

#47 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,243 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted March 22, 2013 - 10:01 PM

Cool it with the insults and behave more maturely. It's a tough loss tonight to a horrible team, but don't take it out on everyone else in this thread. Either contribute to the discussion or don't bother posting in the thread.

Yea man, my bad. My mind really just gets [expletive]ed up whenever this team loses to a team like Washington. I mean like the amount of mind[expletive] this team has given me this season is really starting to get to me. I can handle getting [expletive]ed a few times in the mind, but this team has abused me and my mind to the point that I want to repeatedly snap a rubber band on my forehead. This is rape.

Edited by MrKnowItAll, March 22, 2013 - 10:06 PM.

#48 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,958 posts

Posted March 22, 2013 - 10:03 PM

The lakers were up 18 with him on the floor almost the entire game. The guy played 20 minutes. It isn't his fault that Kobe doesn't defend guys who are out of their head on fire and plays the most predictable hero ball in the league in the 4th quarter of every close game. Pau is not the reason the Lakers lost the game nor would he have been the reason they won if they had. Can't beat the Wizards at home after 3 days off. Good luck.

Yeah but what happened when we were up 9 when he came in and then down 2 when he came out?Z
As more than one half of basketball is played, THAT should matter as well :). Kobe had 11 assist and was in facilitating mode and shouldn't have even had to bail us out, blaming him is silly

#49 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,826 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 22, 2013 - 10:06 PM

Jordan hill isn't an athletic wing.

He's a power forward that can defend the pick and roll, crash the boards, and give his all on the defensive end. The polar opposite of Pau Gasol.

And we already have an athletic wing to play on the perimeter. It's just that our idiot of a head coach forgot his existence and played him only 7 minutes tonight.

#50 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,268 posts

Posted March 22, 2013 - 10:06 PM

Yea man, my bad. My mind really just gets [expletive]ed up whenever this team loses to a team like Washington. I mean like the amount of mind[expletive] this team has given me this season is really starting to get to me. I can handle getting [expletive]ed a few times in the mind, but this team has abused me and mind to the point that I want to repeatedly snap a rubber band on my forehead. This is rape.

They are an average team. They have played a majority of the season, are barely above .500 and have very obvious flaws to anyone who watches with an objective eye. Expecting something to change this deep into the season, textbook insanity. Average teams lose to the (insert bad NBA team here)

#51 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,826 posts

Posted March 22, 2013 - 10:09 PM

We definitely weren't up 18 due to Pau Gasol being on the floor. Unless you're somehow insinuating that his 2-10 shooting display and horrible defense was the key to that. That 18-7 run happened with Dwight out of the game and Pau on the floor. In 5 minutes, Pau as the anchor erased our 9 point advantage and got us a 2 point deficit. That was the turning point in the game.

#52 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,268 posts

Posted March 22, 2013 - 10:10 PM

Yeah but what happened when we were up 9 when he came in and then down 2 when he came out?Z
As more than one half of basketball is played, THAT should matter as well :). Kobe had 11 assist and was in facilitating mode and shouldn't have even had to bail us out, blaming him is silly

Kobe should have facilitated his hand somewhere near Trevor Ariza on all those 3 point shots. That isn't Pau's fault. That is Kobe's cover and the main reason the Lakers lost the game. Pau didn't play great, he barely played, but it wasn't his man raining 3s unguarded or him isolating every play in the fourth. Blame can go a lot of places, but Kobe's lack of defense and trust in his team mates in crunch time is number 1 in my opinion.

#53 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,958 posts

Posted March 22, 2013 - 10:11 PM

He's a power forward that can defend the pick and roll, crash the boards, and give his all on the defensive end. The polar opposite of Pau Gasol.

And we already have an athletic wing to play on the perimeter. It's just that our idiot of a head coach forgot his existence and played him only 7 minutes tonight.

Hopefully that was all D'antoni needed to see.

Nash is an advocate of benching Gasol and as was stated before, this would be Gasol's last shot to get it.

D'antoni is more patient, saying he'd take out Gasol before the playoffs to bench him if he still doesn't "get it"$

Nash is an advocate of sitting him THIS WEEK :)

Hopefully D'antoni listens to Nash instead. Guy flat out says we shouldn't have to go through a week of bad performances for this guy(Gasol) basically and he's 100 percent right.

#54 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,243 posts

Posted March 22, 2013 - 10:11 PM

We definitely weren't up 18 due to Pau Gasol being on the floor. Unless you're somehow insinuating that his 2-10 shooting display and horrible defense was the key to that. That 18-7 run happened with Dwight out of the game and Pau on the floor. In 5 minutes, Pau as the anchor erased our 9 point advantage and got us a 2 point deficit. That was the turning point tonight.

Turnovers was the main reason why we have up that lead. Not only Gasol. Can't give all the bland to a guy that played 20 minutes coming off of not playing for 6 weeks.

#55 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,706 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted March 22, 2013 - 10:17 PM

Cause you're making a big deal over a loss.

And all you care about is winning.

oh because i'm riled over a loss i should be a heat fan? makes perfect sense.

and thanks for stating the obvious, because the only thing we care about NOW are wins.

#56 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,826 posts

Posted March 22, 2013 - 10:25 PM

Turnovers was the main reason why we have up that lead. Not only Gasol. Can't give all the bland to a guy that played 20 minutes coming off of not playing for 6 weeks.

5 minutes with him as the anchor giving up an 18-7 run says otherwise. Well, we had one turnover during that stretch that burned us, and it wasn't even in transition. The Wizards ran high P&R off that TO to take advantage of the fact that Gasol was there to cover the roll and not Howard. They scored on that possession, John Wall found open space off the high P&R because Gasol didn't step out to cover on that play. With no real anchor, both Wall and Ariza drove and finished with almost zero help pressure from Gasol, our defense collapsed each time due to horrid lineup D'Antoni had out there, and we were roasted by the Wizards off either drive and kick or simple finishes at the basket.

Howard as the anchor wouldn't have allowed such easy looks off the high P&R nor so many open lanes to the basket. Gasol's inability to defend the paint killed us at the end. We can't handle a collapse like that where our defense completely fall apart in such a key juncture.

#57 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,958 posts

Posted March 22, 2013 - 10:25 PM

We definitely weren't up 18 due to Pau Gasol being on the floor. Unless you're somehow insinuating that his 2-10 shooting display and horrible defense was the key to that. That 18-7 run happened with Dwight out of the game and Pau on the floor. In 5 minutes, Pau as the anchor erased our 9 point advantage and got us a 2 point deficit. That was the turning point in the game.

Pretty much nailed that on the head.

#58 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,243 posts

Posted March 22, 2013 - 10:46 PM

5 minutes with him as the anchor giving up an 18-7 run says otherwise. Well, we had one turnover during that stretch that burned us, and it wasn't even in transition. The Wizards ran high P&R off that TO to take advantage of the fact that Gasol was there to cover the roll and not Howard. They scored on that possession, John Wall found open space off the high P&R because Gasol didn't step out to cover on that play. With no real anchor, both Wall and Ariza drove and finished with almost zero help pressure from Gasol, our defense collapsed each time due to horrid lineup D'Antoni had out there, and we were roasted by the Wizards off either drive and kick or simple finishes at the basket.

Howard as the anchor wouldn't have allowed such easy looks off the high P&R nor so many open lanes to the basket. Gasol's inability to defend the paint killed us at the end. We can't handle a collapse like that where our defense completely fall apart in such a key juncture.

I see how you try to twist things into making it seem like gasols fault. This game was on Kobe. Just because he made a few shots in the fourth, it doesn't make up for his lack of discipline on defense and his careless turnovers.

#59 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,268 posts

Posted March 22, 2013 - 10:50 PM

I see how you try to twist things into making it seem like gasols fault. This game was on Kobe. Just because he made a few shots in the fourth, it doesn't make up for his lack of discipline on defense and his careless turnovers.

Kobe's play is absurd. Plays the entire game facilitating, passing first, barely scoring, effective basketball. Crunch time comes around if he even touches the ball he will dribble in Iso till the shot clock winds down and take whatever shot is available to him. It's like two different players. Neither play defense unfortunately.

#60 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,958 posts

Posted March 22, 2013 - 10:52 PM

Kobe's defense could be better tonight, However he was in facilitative mode and gave 11 assists to teammates and looked in the flow, he only turned on the offensive bucket when we got down.

Kobe's points on nearly 50 percent shooting and assists and bringing us back into the game constantly takes presedence over Gasol's 2-10, 11 point swing in 5 minutes effort.

Lakers are now 4-12 with Gasol starting with Dwight.. And our defense goes from 2nd in the league since all-star break to giving up 103 against the Wizards with out biggest lack of defensive inefficiency when Gasol was on the court for 5 minutes... But Gasol has nothing to do with any of that it I'm sure... At least not as much as Kobe apparently..

/sarcasm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users