Photo

Jerry West: "Lakers dangerous, have a chance against anyone."

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

• 40,431 posts

Posted March 22, 2013 - 02:25 PM

http://www.latimes.c...0,5161333.story

If the Lakers make the playoffs, which looks more and more likely, Jerry West has an idea of how they'll do.

"I definitely wouldn't want to play them, I know that," West said. "I think they'd have a chance against anyone."

A Hall of Fame player with the Lakers and now an executive with the Golden State Warriors, West mentioned two teams the Lakers wouldn't want to face. The Oklahoma City Thunder and San Antonio Spurs were not among them.

"I think if the Lakers would have their preference, they probably wouldn't want to play Denver. I don't think anyone would want to play them," West said Thursday on a conference call. "Denver has proven they can win on the road and they just don't lose at home."

West then said Memphis would be a tough matchup for the Lakers, comparing the
Grizzlies to a "bunch of pack dogs" because of their defense. "To me, they've got the most underrated player in the league on their team in Marc Gasol," West said.

But as of now, the Lakers (36-33) would be more likely to play Oklahoma City or San Antonio in the first round, not Memphis or Denver.

"If you watch Oklahoma City, to me, they don't look like they're the same team," West said. "I think that they're terrific, but they lose a great player in James Harden, and that's going to happen to a lot of teams today, and can they make up for the loss of him? I'm not sure."

FULL ARTICLE inside link.

yo.

#2 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,205 posts

Posted March 22, 2013 - 03:23 PM

Lakers can beat anyone and lose to anyone

Hence their .500 record
Posted Image

#3 UNLABORED FLAWLESS

UNLABORED FLAWLESS

Rookie

• 582 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 22, 2013 - 06:45 PM

wishful thinking 1st round exit or miss the playoffs 

face it guys you dont want the lakers to magically get to the finals and lose to the heat convincingly. Trust me the media wont stop the ''lebron james is the greatest blah blah blah'' if that scenario happened 

#4 God Shammgod

God Shammgod

"Drink Hennessey straight, with tomato juice"

• 640 posts

Posted March 22, 2013 - 07:53 PM

the media wont stop the ''lebron james is the greatest blah blah blah'' if that scenario happened 

They'll do it even if he loses, they always have.

#5 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,759 posts
  • Name:Drazard

Posted March 22, 2013 - 08:21 PM

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who realize that the denver nuggets is the most scariest team in the west.

33bkfif.jpg

#6 UNLABORED FLAWLESS

UNLABORED FLAWLESS

Rookie

• 582 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted March 23, 2013 - 05:11 AM

They'll do it even if he loses, they always have.

BSPN sure will....lol they are hyping up this 20 plus game win streak so much...my question is this. Are the heat that good or is the east really that bad. We know the answer to that question. The heat will probably win the championship this year but stats are heavily not in there favor to even getting to the finals. They have been to the finals 2011,2012 and will be there this year...this is the same scenario of the lakers in 2008,2009,2010...i cant remember a team that reached the finals 4 straight years. Probably before i was born 

#7 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,720 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted March 24, 2013 - 06:17 AM

Lakers of the 80s did that. 82,83,84,85. And then 87,88,89. Earlier was 1980. *

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#8 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,054 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted March 24, 2013 - 07:36 AM

That's sort of a PC answer.  I wonder what he really thinks. 

Debbie Downer

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users