Photo

Your preferred playoff opponent

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

Poll: Your preferred playoff opponent (72 member(s) have cast votes)

Preferred Round 1 Opponent

1. Spurs (39 votes [54.17%])

Percentage of vote: 54.17%

2. OKC (1 votes [1.39%])

Percentage of vote: 1.39%

3. Clippers (9 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

4. Grizzlies (18 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

5. Nuggets (5 votes [6.94%])

Percentage of vote: 6.94%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 David

David

Superstar

• 7,954 posts

Posted March 22, 2013 - 05:58 AM

Clippers fast break offense is not going to work in the playoffs. Eventually they are going to have to set in a half-court set.

Edited by Gotrings?, March 22, 2013 - 06:47 AM.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#22 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 41,954 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 22, 2013 - 05:58 AM

Spurs suck. We can take em
Pau Gasol is TRASH

#23 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 10,922 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted March 22, 2013 - 06:30 AM

Should be option of "other - dont care" because really whoeever we face does it matter? Why should it? The next opponent will be just as tough and the next one even tougher and tougher (assuming we advance). We are going to be an 8th seed, champ or bust as always for the LA LAKERS and to win a chip there is no easy road. Either way dont see this team getting past the first round.. Im hopeful but I aint delusional! 

A team would prefer to take the path of least resistance. 

Same reason game show contestants don't choose the "million $" question first. Its the most difficult and decreases your odds of advancement. In order to maximize your potential you want to take the path that is less difficult.

Edited by LakersGAFan, March 22, 2013 - 06:41 AM.

#24 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted March 22, 2013 - 06:43 AM

funny thing is, i think outside Denver.. I think our worst matchup is Memphis. We're too hurt to play a very rugged/physical game

#25 kalaro

kalaro

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted March 22, 2013 - 06:59 AM

As for me, i'd go with the Clips.  Just because there's no really home court advantage.

#26 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 3,941 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted March 22, 2013 - 07:57 AM

As for me, i'd go with the Clips.  Just because there's no really home court advantage.

only good thing about playing them would be no need to get on plane to travel & guys can remain in the comfort of their own cribs in between gms.

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#27 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

Rookie

• 979 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted March 22, 2013 - 08:12 AM

Too much optimism, all teams will be tough, we have a disjointed, injured, old team. Lucky to get a couple wins much less beat some of these teams, they do have better records for a reason. Father Time has won again he's undefeated

#28 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 1,621 posts

Posted March 22, 2013 - 09:16 AM

Surprised how many people say the Spurs. I'm not as afraid of them as I was in the past and they've been known to choke in the playoffs lately but I still think I'd take Grizzlies since they don't have Rudy Gay anymore.

#29 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 20,792 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted March 22, 2013 - 09:31 AM

OKC. <br /><br />Show me you can take out the top team or quit wasting my time.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#30 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 3,941 posts

Posted March 22, 2013 - 09:47 AM

Surprised how many people say the Spurs. I'm not as afraid of them as I was in the past and they've been known to choke in the playoffs lately but I still think I'd take Grizzlies since they don't have Rudy Gay anymore.

yea but the Grizz proved they can compeat at high level in playoffs without Gay playing. Right now they are clicking on all cyclinders without him in reg season.

#31 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 1,621 posts

Posted March 22, 2013 - 10:44 AM

yea but the Grizz proved they can compeat at high level in playoffs without Gay playing. Right now they are clicking on all cyclinders without him in reg season.

That is true, they do play hard in the playoffs.

#32 bigvee

bigvee

Superstar

• 7,217 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Shaq

Posted March 22, 2013 - 11:56 AM

I'll tell you right now that there's not a single team that wants to get us in the first round. We're a heroic series of ending any of these teams playoff hopes.

LeBron James will NOT leave the Miami Heat.

#33 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 3,763 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 22, 2013 - 12:01 PM

The Spurs or Grizzlies, only because the other teams like to get out and run more which has been the Lakers biggest weakness. 

Edited by bfc1125roy, March 22, 2013 - 12:03 PM.

#34 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,438 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted March 22, 2013 - 12:12 PM

Grizzlies choked in the first round last year, and they replaced the athletic Rudy Gay with the old Tayshaun Prince. Not afraid of their bigs if we have a healthy Pau and Dwight.

Clippers half court offense sucks, but they have depth, athleticism, they force turnovers, and they have Chris Paul. I am afraid of Chris Paul.

Denver is relentless on the boards, can run, defend, they have Ty Lawson, and they're basically invincible at home.

Spurs are a machine with solid players at every position and Tony Parker. At least we can (more or less) match their athleticism though.

OKC... Durant, Westbrook, Martin, Ibaka, Thabo, Perkins. They can defend us, we can't defend them. Nuff said.

So the Grizzlies would be my top choice, but we ain't getting that high of a spot. We match up better with the Spurs than the Thunder. OKC might humiliate us. So might the Spurs, but at least it won't be with poster dunks and ridiculous blocked shots and thousands of Oklahomans relentlessly booing MWP. Much easier to go into San Antonio than OKC.

#35 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 10,922 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted March 22, 2013 - 12:35 PM

the Lakers win all these chump West teams. Upset the Heat in the Finals. Go down as the greatest 8th seed of all time. I can see it happening.

#36 JoeClipplet

JoeClipplet

Rookie

• 34 posts
  • Name:Joe
  • Fan Since:Never
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted March 22, 2013 - 02:00 PM

the Lakers win all these chump West teams. Upset the Heat in the Finals. Go down as the greatest 8th seed of all time. I can see it happening.

Very optimistic! I like it! :)

#37 Mastas

Mastas

Rookie

• 787 posts
  • Fan Since:started watching NBA
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 22, 2013 - 02:22 PM

Is there another teams reactions thread, in regards to who does not want to face Lakers.

#38 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 3,941 posts

Posted March 23, 2013 - 07:02 AM

delusional statements but I hope your right :cool2:

#39 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 2,908 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted March 23, 2013 - 08:53 AM

The spurs are the patriots of the NBA. Won a few championships with their core guys many years ago. Great regular season every year. Media drinks the kool aid. Get beaten in the playoffs with home court advantage. I would prefer the spurs, they are the one team other than Houston that I think the Lakers could beat. With that being said, they should be happy to just make the playoffs and play whomever is in front of them, they are way past the point of jockeying for position.

#40 JasonWll

JasonWll

Rookie

• 218 posts
  • Fan Since:Ever
  • Fav. Laker:Earvin Magic Johnson

Posted March 23, 2013 - 10:40 AM

Grizzlies choked in the first round last year, and they replaced the athletic Rudy Gay with the old Tayshaun Prince. Not afraid of their bigs if we have a healthy Pau and Dwight.

Clippers half court offense sucks, but they have depth, athleticism, they force turnovers, and they have Chris Paul. I am afraid of Chris Paul.

Denver is relentless on the boards, can run, defend, they have Ty Lawson, and they're basically invincible at home.

Spurs are a machine with solid players at every position and Tony Parker. At least we can (more or less) match their athleticism though.

OKC... Durant, Westbrook, Martin, Ibaka, Thabo, Perkins. They can defend us, we can't defend them. Nuff said.

So the Grizzlies would be my top choice, but we ain't getting that high of a spot. We match up better with the Spurs than the Thunder. OKC might humiliate us. So might the Spurs, but at least it won't be with poster dunks and ridiculous blocked shots and thousands of Oklahomans relentlessly booing MWP. Much easier to go into San Antonio than OKC.

Pretty much my thoughts, except I don't see Denver being invencible at home, not in the postseason.

Grizzlies

Spurs

Nuggets

Clippers

Thunder

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users