• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Kimagure Orange Road

• 8,973 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Grant

Posted March 22, 2013 - 04:51 AM

Who'd you rather shoot 3s? MWT or gasol?

Gasol.

That simple.

"You watch anime?"

- "Yeah, I just got into it! Just recently, I just started watching Attack on Ti-"

"Get away from me, pleb."

#22 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 22, 2013 - 09:55 AM

So Pau is starting...I dont know about this, this is the 1st time I strongly disagree with MDA. We need Pau coming off the bench, if we start the game with both of the bigs they wont get going since they're taking turns as to who gets the ball one possession and who gets it another possession, Pau sees him as a facilitator, we need him to be an aggressive scorer, he can do that coming off the bench Get both of them going separately when they start their minutes. Clark provided a lot of mobility upfront and you're gonna lose that now

https://twitter.com/...157295388577792

HC D’Antoni confirms that @kobebryant & @paugasol will play tonight. Said Gasol would “probably” start tonight w/ Clark going to the bench.

Edited by MDI, March 22, 2013 - 09:56 AM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#23 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,463 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted March 22, 2013 - 10:49 AM

:facepalm:

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#24 24allday

24allday

Rookie

• 1,394 posts
  • Name:Gavin
  • Fan Since:3rd grade - first started watching and loved Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, #STAYSWAG

Posted March 22, 2013 - 11:10 AM

I thought he was permanently coming off the bench...

#25 erfolk

erfolk

Rookie

• 944 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted March 22, 2013 - 11:23 AM

So Pau is starting...I dont know about this, this is the 1st time I strongly disagree with MDA. We need Pau coming off the bench, if we start the game with both of the bigs they wont get going since they're taking turns as to who gets the ball one possession and who gets it another possession, Pau sees him as a facilitator, we need him to be an aggressive scorer, he can do that coming off the bench Get both of them going separately when they start their minutes. Clark provided a lot of mobility upfront and you're gonna lose that now

https://twitter.com/...157295388577792

I agree with you 100 percent Clark is able to guard quicker threes and Metta has been solid on guarding fours. Gasol gives us someone to go to with the second unit of Blake, Meeks, and Jamison. I just don't get why he wont get over not starting. MDA said he is starting him so when he comes back he is comfortable.

#26 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,147 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 22, 2013 - 12:29 PM

Seems like D'antoni really wants Gasol to feel comfortable. My feeling is that eventhough Gasol came off the bench effectively, every week there was a new quote from him about his problems with it and it was a distraction.

However starting Gasol now will tell him what he needs to know quicker, if Gasol struggles out the box then he'll get his answers sooner and put him back on the bench.

But we'll see. D'antoni probably knows the void we have at bench 3 and is hoping Gasol can handle the lineup before switching Clark in at the 3 Jamison at the 4 and Gasol to the 5.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#27 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 22, 2013 - 12:42 PM

Eh we suck with Gasol in the starting line up... zero chemistry. 

Laker fan for life.

#28 Cato

Cato

Rookie

• 432 posts
  • Fav. Laker:THE BLACK MAMBA

Posted March 22, 2013 - 02:26 PM

I don't understand why everyone blindly thinks this is so necessary... When Dwight isn't in the game, Gasol will be. That simple. It makes no difference whether Pau starts or not - he's still going to play 100% of the minutes at C when Dwight rests.

#29 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,147 posts

Posted March 22, 2013 - 03:46 PM

Its the spacing issues and how many points Gasol costs us with it along with his defense and here today gone tomorrow offense. Thats why D'antoni preferred Clark at 3 and Metta at the 4.

Metta isn't lost as frequently on screen and rolls, can defend some 4s, and Clark can effectively stretch the floor.

When Gasol is on the floor, we have to depend in his defense switching when Dwight rotates, we also have to then count on Metta to be floor stretcher and at the 3...

And then defend on Gasol offensively.

When it was Clark and Metta, we didn't have to really "depend". On them for offense cause they made up for it with rebounding, hustle, defense and we didn't give up many points and on the other end they didnt cause spacing issues with Howard and could move freely.

With Gasol in the lineup we have to switch Metta to floor spacer and depend on Gasol's interior defense and offense and count on him not to screw spacing with Howard...

You see the problem?

#30 Cato

Cato

Rookie

• 432 posts

Posted March 22, 2013 - 05:05 PM

I mean, Gasol is going to play 30+ minutes a game and he's going to be a starter. It seems to me you're implying that the Lakers are a better team without Pau... and I don't know how to respond to that.

As I've previously mentioned, Pau being a starter won't affect the minutes he plays at C while Dwight sits.

#31 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,147 posts

Posted March 22, 2013 - 05:09 PM

I mean, Gasol is going to play 30+ minutes a game and he's going to be a starter. It seems to me you're implying that the Lakers are a better team without Pau... and I don't know how to respond to that.

As I've previously mentioned, Pau being a starter won't affect the minutes he plays at C while Dwight sits.

I was naming the problems that are apparent when Dwight and Gasol play together that people have problems with :)

I don't expect them to play much in the starting lineup tonight :) as I said in the other thread :)

#32 Cato

Cato

Rookie

• 432 posts

Posted March 22, 2013 - 06:26 PM

I was naming the problems that are apparent when Dwight and Gasol play together that people have problems with :)

I don't expect them to play much in the starting lineup tonight :) as I said in the other thread :)

Maybe not tonight, but once Pau gets in shape, he'll play the 12 or so mins at C when Dwight sits, and the rest of the game (ie. 20-24 mins they'll have to play together.)

#33 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,147 posts

Posted March 22, 2013 - 08:32 PM

Maybe not tonight, but once Pau gets in shape, he'll play the 12 or so mins at C when Dwight sits, and the rest of the game (ie. 20-24 mins they'll have to play together.)

If you're watching the Wizards game, do you see what I meant in terms of problems?

How we have to depend on Gasol offensively and defensively and him playing the 4 means Metta is the floor spacer?

Tonight all 4 of Metta's shots have been from 3 and Gasol has gotten 10 shots(made 2)

This is the main reason people want Gasol on the bench, because his responsibilities are too much for him to handle as a starter, and it hinders our flow on both ends too much for the good to outweigh the bad.

Hopefully after tonight Gasol's days as a starter are done.

#34 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,226 posts

Posted March 22, 2013 - 09:03 PM

When Dwight leaves, the paint is too vulnerable. Teams attack with ease. This is a major problem and has been ever since Hill went down.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users