Photo

Where should Elvis Dumervil sign? (article)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,486 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted March 19, 2013 - 04:32 AM

Oh please let USA Today be right  :pray: 
I mean why wouldnt he want to play for the Falcons?
Were a top competitor and we can pay him and, like the article says he knows Nolans system. I really hope this happens. If it does the Falcons get a A+ for the FA period.

Now that Elvis Dumervil is officially on the free agent market, there are plenty of teams that should be racing to the fax machine … er, the phone … to try to sign the 29-year-old former Denver Bronco.

With 63.5 career sacks and experience in both a 4-3 and 3-4 defense, Dumervil is the best pass rusher available. But where should he land? There should be plenty of attractive options, both for Dumervil and for teams that want to add an established pass rusher.

Here are the best options:

1) Atlanta Falcons: The Falcons made two important offensive signings with re-signing Tony Gonzalez and adding running back Steven Jackson, but Atlanta still needs to make a move on defense. Dumervil could be the perfect piece to replace John Abraham, whom the Falcons cut before free agency began. Atlanta would give Dumervil the contending team he wants, and would also reunite him with Falcons defensive coordinator Mike Nolan, who was the Broncos' coordinator in 2009 when Dumervil led the NFL in sacks.

2) New England Patriots: Wouldn't this just be fair after the Broncos signed former Patriots receiver Wes Welker earlier in the week? New England is clearly in the market for a pass rusher after bringing John Abraham and Dwight Freeney to Foxborough for visits on Friday. Dumervil is younger than both, and after the snafu with the Broncos, he might love the chance to play for the Patriots – Denver's top competition in the AFC.

3) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: The Bucs have already signed the best free agent safety in Dashon Goldson. Why not try to keep building up that defense by adding Dumervil? The Bucs have a big hole at defensive end now that Michael Bennett – who had nine sacks last year – has signed with Seattle.

4) New York Giants: Dumervil spent the last two years lined up opposite Von Miller. How much do you think he would like the chance to do the same with Jason Pierre-Paul? The Giants have been very quiet in free agency, but signing Dumervil could be just the right move to replace Osi Umenyiora, who is now a free agent.

5) Denver Broncos: As recently as a day ago, Dumervil wanted to be a Bronco, and the Broncos wanted him. It would take a leap of faith by both sides to get over hurt feelings from the fax fiasco, but if Dumervil wants to stay in Denver, the Broncos and Dumervil could make it happen. It would require some fancy finagling of the contract and cap numbers (the Broncos now have $4.8 million in dead money after releasing Dumervil on Friday), but it is not an unworkable situation. If talks were to resume, just do them in person this time.

LINK

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#2 KB24

KB24

Off The Bench

• 2,579 posts
  • Name:Cameron
  • Fan Since:It's in my blood
  • Fav. Laker:Magic and Kobe

Posted March 19, 2013 - 06:34 AM

If he goes anywhere but the Broncos he will become my most hated player.

That list doesn't include the Ravens who are rumored to be in love with Dumervil.

1985 Lakers Championship ring. LA 4 BOS 2.
http://i41.tinypic.com/5v7qdj.jpg

#3 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,398 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted March 19, 2013 - 08:47 AM

Ravens all day

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#4 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,876 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted March 19, 2013 - 11:15 AM

Back to the broncos of course lol. Elway said that the deal isnt dead like some people are reporting it is, their still in talks to get Doom back.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#5 KB24

KB24

Off The Bench

• 2,579 posts

Posted March 19, 2013 - 11:17 AM

Les and Tom Nalen ‏@LesAndTomNalen
Per @LesShapiro, offer Elvis Dumervil has received from the #Broncos is better than the one from the #Ravens

If this is true and he still leaves the Broncos...

#6 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,486 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted March 21, 2013 - 03:53 AM

If he was gonna resign with Denver he would have done it already.

Elvis Dumervil unimpressed by Denver Broncos' offer?

Elvis Dumervil and the Denver Broncos broke up, then tried to get back together, but they now appear headed for a permanent divorce.

On the same day we learned the Broncos will host pass rushers Dwight Freeney and John Abraham on free-agent visits, The Denver Post reported Wednesday that Dumervilwas not overwhelmed by the team's long-term contract offers. Dumervil is set to start taking free-agent visits in the next 48 hours.

The Baltimore Ravens reportedly are interested in Dumervil, but we suspect an offer from the Super Bowl champions might arrive somewhere below underwhelming. (Under underwhelming.) Dumervil, 29, should receive a better deal than Freeney, 33, and Abraham, 34. But he won't get the $8 million that the Broncos were willing to pay him before last week's fax-inspired contract flap.

This is a high-stakes game of chicken. Dumervil still might have the best earning potential with theBroncos, and the Broncos would like to have Dumervil back if possible. As we saw with the Wes Welker negotiations, however, sometimes personal feelings can get in the way of doing business.

http://www.nfl.com/n...r-broncos-offer

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#7 KB24

KB24

Off The Bench

• 2,579 posts

Posted March 21, 2013 - 07:44 AM

We offered him 3 years $18 mil, that offer is higher than the Ravens offer (who will now probably bump their offer after losing Reed).

Dumervil was once quoted saying something like, "The way I was raised, money isn't everything to me.  Don't get me wrong it's nice when you get it and nice to spend, but it's not a determining factor."

If he wants to leave so be it, it'll look bad on him and not the Broncos.

Dumervil's new agent (also the agent of Freeney) will be the real winner here if Dumervil leaves and the Broncos sign Freeney.

#8 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,398 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted March 24, 2013 - 01:51 PM

Elvis agrees to 5 year deal with Ravens

http://espn.go.com/n...altimore-ravens

I'm excited!

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, March 24, 2013 - 01:51 PM.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#9 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,486 posts

Posted March 24, 2013 - 02:16 PM

yea. thats big

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#10 KB24

KB24

Off The Bench

• 2,579 posts

Posted March 24, 2013 - 03:30 PM

@Jason_OTC #Ravens cap in 2014 could be scary. My estimates have them with 31 under contract and about $101 mil in cap commitments before this deal

I wouldn't get too excited. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users