281 replies to this topic

#121 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic & Kobe

Posted March 18, 2013 - 09:46 PM

Lol this guy. I think we are all still waiting to hear those 'many' coaches. I want to hear their names. If you deflect, then we all know you were talking out of your ass to begin with.

http://t.qkme.me/35ptyq.jpg

I don't know how I will ever recover! The shame I must be bringing to my family right now is off the charts.. :pray:

Seriously, don't put so much importance on those multiple coaches...I was really thinking in my mind as I was typing at blazing speeds "Doc Rivers and Doug Collins had a chat a while back about Bynum..."  Was I correct in the exact wording of my statement? Nope. No I wasn't.  Does it change anything about my point on the definition and context of dominance? Nope.  That is what I find so funny about most members in this thread...so caught up in trying to argue the wording of something that they forget they are not even arguing the point.  Which is actually pretty comical when you think, "why is this person even wasting their time typing these responses??"

#122 Lords of the Rings

Lords of the Rings

Get Cho Basketball On

• 3,761 posts
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 18, 2013 - 09:47 PM

Look, the number of post moves you have isn't a metric of how good a center is offensively. Dwight might have 2-3 less post moves than some other centers but he makes up for that in other ways, such as his mobility and skill in the PnR. Again, there have been multiple posts refuting this point already which you've ignored. There's a reason he's one of few players to average 15+ ppg and over 50% FG, why he's 3rd in the league in FTA/game, or why Golden State and Orlando couldn't defend him and instead sent him to shoot an NBA record 39 freethrows, more than Wilt Chamberlain.

As per the passing, if you want to talk about 4-5 dribbles and turning the ball over, Bynum, a center you probably think is better offensively than D12, did that way more and as a result we couldn't run the 4 out 1 in offense through him last year, the SAME offense, by the way, which Orlando ran very well through, guess who? Dwight Howard. 

The reason our offense doesn't always result in good post ups for Howard is because MDA doesn't know how to properly post up players (since he doesn't believe in it anyways) and so we have piss poor spacing. Teams would gladly leave Artest open from 3 to go and double Howard one pass away, and we either have a turnover or a bricked shot and long rebound leading to transition points for the other team. Take your pick.

"Look, the number of post moves you have isn't a metric of how good a center is offensively." Excuse me??

Bynum is not in the discussion

Orlando won What?? In a weak conference?

Most teams just plain foul him with DTs or not

He is averaging 1.5 assists per game....he doesn't have to hit the 3 point shooter...hell hit anyone....

The game tonight was a perfect example.... O'Neil handled him....and the other Center handled him...if he doesn't get a lob.....??

The start of the PHO game 2 missed dunks..... 3 missed layups..... got his shot blocked a couple of times?

He doesn't get good post position because he doesn't get it....its not anyone elses fault

The Jerseys Hanging from the Rafters represent LAKER GREATS who are also NBA GREATS

LAKERS NO FAKERS

#123 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,734 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 18, 2013 - 09:47 PM

lakerfandude reborn???

#124 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,488 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 09:49 PM

The ignorance on this board is always fun to read
Posted Image

#125 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 6,515 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted March 18, 2013 - 09:52 PM

Guys, stop feeding Pointgaurd11. Please.

#126 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 09:56 PM

Just because I don't want to have to reply to anymore asinine responses regarding semantics, missed points and poor reading comprehension:

Dwight Howard is the best center in the NBA

Dwight Howard is better than Bynum 

Dwight Howard is an imposing force who dominates the game defensively when healthy.

Dwight Howard in the context of historically dominant big men, he is not.  In the context of current NBA centers, he is. 

So to save certain forum members' brains from having to understand the history of NBA centers and their skills, I will simply say Dwight is dominant.

https://encrypted-tb...fqx9ABmm-LvW_bA

I would be curious to see how old most members are here, what background they have regarding the sport of basketball, how long they have watched the Lakers, what their education level is, etc.  Would be interesting...

Edited by Calisupra2nr, March 18, 2013 - 09:58 PM.

#127 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,499 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 18, 2013 - 09:58 PM

That is what I find so funny about most members in this thread...so caught up in trying to argue the wording of something that they forget they are not even arguing the point.

Lol right. I'm trying to argue a 'wording' huh?

You made a completely false statement to back up your argument. That's you trying to manipulate your point that Dwight isn't dominate. I called you out on it because it pertains to the point about Dwight being dominate.

Try weaseling out again.

#128 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted March 18, 2013 - 10:01 PM

I don't think Dwight compares favorably to some of the all-time greatest centers.

We're just talking about Bynum here. Dwight is better in every facet, including offense. Bynum has only had one season of even worthy of mentioned among best NBA centers in 7 seasons, and Dwight has had plenty of better seasons.

Posted Image

#129 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 10:03 PM

Just because I don't want to have to reply to anymore asinine responses regarding semantics, missed points and poor reading comprehension:

Dwight Howard is the best center in the NBA

Dwight Howard is better than Bynum

Dwight Howard is an imposing force who dominates the game defensively when healthy.

Dwight Howard in the context of historically dominant big men, he is not. In the context of current NBA centers, he is.

So to save certain forum members' brains from having to understand the history of NBA centers and their skills, I will simply say Dwight is dominant.

https://encrypted-tb...fqx9ABmm-LvW_bA

I would be curious to see how old most members are here, what background they have regarding the sport of basketball, how long they have watched the Lakers, what their education level is, etc. Would be interesting...

Okay you're one more shot at members away from not posting here anymore.

Not even going to comment on it anymore. My advice is you stop posting in this particular thread because you obviously can't handle it.

#130 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,859 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted March 18, 2013 - 10:03 PM

I'm feeling lakerfandude vibes.

#131 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,499 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 10:06 PM

You are just exhausting...just drop the whole teenage puffing your chest out to think you've won an argument - it should be beneath you. I misspoke by adding a 'es' in my post. It does not take anything away from my points or opinions. If you honestly, cannot grasp what I am saying because you are stuck on the word coaches, rather than coach, then we can have a private discussion and I'll call up my college English professor to help mediate for you.

Yeah, just like I thought.

I see you like to take shots at education and intelligence for some reason. You insecure or just compensating for something?

Edited by Lakerace24, March 18, 2013 - 10:07 PM.

#132 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 10:08 PM

Enough of the back and forth shots.

#133 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 10:12 PM

Okay you're one more shot at members away from not posting here anymore.

Not even going to comment on it anymore. My advice is you stop posting in this particular thread because you obviously can't handle it.

Shoot. I don't know what I will do without the ability to communicate on here anymore. As someone who started going to Lakers games in the 80s before most here were even born the last thing I really care about is arguing over what some young kid thinks is dominant.

Literally the only thing I would miss by not visiting this forum anymore would be Real Deal..

I see you like to take shots at education and intelligence for some reason. You insecure or just compensating for something?

I see you like to reply to the most worthless parts of a post. BTW this isn't a shot - looking at you West Coast - this is dialogue. 

If you want to quit taking shots, done deal, it really is beneath me to sit here squabbling like this anyways.  But I am still awaiting a legitimate response regarding previously voiced opinions on Dwight's "dominance". 

Edited by Calisupra2nr, March 18, 2013 - 10:20 PM.

#134 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 10:20 PM

Alright you're done.

Unfortunately for you, you edited your post just after I read it and saw the comments you tried to edit out.

#135 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,499 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 10:23 PM

Alright you're done.

Lol, he actually tried to edit out the 'stupid posts by fans' part before you had a chance to see it.

#136 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 10:24 PM

Lol, he actually tried to edit out the 'stupid posts by fans' part before you had a chance to see it.

Well I saw it.

Now back to the topic at hand.

#137 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 824 posts
  • Fan Since:1990

Posted March 18, 2013 - 10:24 PM

Calisupra2nr, a discussion on Laker players has nothing to do with anybody's education level. Since you seem so proud of yours obviously, please state your alma mater and year. I would compare mine to yours, but I don't put as much stock into it.

#138 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 10:26 PM

Calisupra2nr, a discussion on Laker players has nothing to do with anybody's education level. Since you seem so proud of yours obviously, please state your alma mater and year. I would compare mine to yours, but I don't put as much stock into it.

Enough. He's gone now get back to the topic.

This is the last warning for everyone in this thread

#139 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted March 18, 2013 - 10:32 PM

Dwight just hasn't had the same type of offensive impact that he's had in Orlando. I can agree to that.

I have faith it'll come back. I can tell his defense is starting to.

Posted Image

#140 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 824 posts
  • Fan Since:1990

Posted March 18, 2013 - 10:37 PM

Enough. He's gone now get back to the topic.

This is the last warning for everyone in this thread

No skin off my back. You don't need to use that tone on me though, I'm not a child. I wasn't attempting to add to the argument; it was my first post here since about Page 2.

Anyways, Dwight will come back to his original form, but his conditioning still isn't where it needs to be. He was easily averaging forty minutes a game for the Magic because he was relied so heavily upon, game after game. Tonight, everybody was tired. The overall trend is good though, so one loss isn't too troubling. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users